It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's largest pyramid is hidden in a mountain in Mexico !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I had never heard of this Pyramid so consider this just a post for information: The Spanish were builders of churches and supposedly built a church for every day of the year. One of the churches they built resides on top of the pyramid (they didn't know)... Guess we could consider the church a cap stone ? Maybe if the locals would have had a more weapons and men who knew how to use them, 10% of their population might not have died in one day ? Probably not though, for the Spanish were technically superior to the locals in all things dealing with killing... Aaaahhhh history and what happens when someone wants your cookies and you are unable to forcefully say no...

When Hernan Cortez and his Spanish army marched into Cholula in present-day Mexico nearly 500 years ago, they were greeted by a peaceful people prone to building pyramids instead of stockpiles of weapons. Those people and their pyramids fell, and fast, with 10% of the local population murdered in a day as their pyramids were torched into oblivion. But as legend has it, one mud-brick pyramid was hidden, perhaps accidentally by vegetation, and was for centuries mistaken for a mountain, until locals began to construct an insane asylum in 1910. That's when they discovered the largest monument ever constructed anywhere in the world. Tlachihualtepetl, or the Great Pyramid of Cholula,

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There's probably a lot of limestone and granite in Cholula, maybe some
other sandstone or conglomerations. Even a small mud-brick pyramid
collapses because mud-brick has just a small compression strength and
no other strength. So this monument must be the caves and holes in
the collapsed mass.

Look at Teotihuanaco - used small stone blocks.

a reply to: 727Sky

edit on 22-8-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Interesting, but how does one 'torch a pyramid into oblivion'? It wasn't made of wood, was it?
And, how do pyramids get 'stacked one over another?
Also, I've never heard of 'mud-brick' pyramids being constructed, anywhere in the ancient world...ever! All pyramids across the world were built with superior ancient technology to last throughout the ages.
This sounds to me more like the usual crap journalism from Fox 'faux' news and is not worth any notice at all.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I have actually heard of this. This temple/pyramid was dedicated to the feathered-serpent God, Quetzalcoatl.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starling

Interesting, but how does one 'torch a pyramid into oblivion'? It wasn't made of wood, was it?
And, how do pyramids get 'stacked one over another?
Also, I've never heard of 'mud-brick' pyramids being constructed, anywhere in the ancient world...ever! All pyramids across the world were built with superior ancient technology to last throughout the ages.
This sounds to me more like the usual crap journalism from Fox 'faux' news and is not worth any notice at all.

Must have been worth something for you to notice and take the time to smear Fox..

As far as burning a structure it all depends on how much straw and plant matter is used in making the bricks. Mud brick construction was the way it was between 7000 B.C until way after 300 A.D. and is still used today as we call it Adobe..

Otherwise thanks for dropping by and wasting your time to notice the Thread. Hahahah

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Interesting, some various pic's.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
In antiquity, building one's religious center atop the vanquished nation's religious construct was a symbolic way of demonstrating the dominance of the new faith. All over the world temples are built upon older temples, in a sort of ancient wrestling match with one ego pinning down another.

edit on 23-8-2016 by SargonThrall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Lol churches, insane asylum, and a pyramid occupy the same piece of dirt, irony at its finest.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Anyone else find it odd to hear that things made of earth (mud, stone, etc.) are "torched to oblivion?"

What was burned, the flammable objects inside? Did they fill them with flammable objects in hopes of cracking and crumbling the stone/mud/whatever due to heat?

Those questions always enter my head when stone buildings are burned.

Anyhoo, this is a really cool story--I love this type of stuff.

This BBC story is a little more informative.

And this Wiki page has a ton of info.
edit on 23-8-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The construction was most likely completed using both wooden framing and mud bricks.

top topics

join