It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Stoops to Conquer Tarpley

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Thanks for the update. I hadn't really followed this issue for a while. Webster Tarpley has not referred to the lawsuit lately in his broadcasts so I didn't even know that it had been settled.

nypost.com...

Melania Trump has won a “substantial” amount of money in a settlement with Maryland blogger who wrote about claims that she had once worked as a prostitute.

“The First Lady of the United States has settled her lawsuit against Webster Griffin Tarpley of Maryland,” said Matthew Blackett, one of Mrs. Trump’s attorneys.

“Mr. Tarpley has issued the attached retraction and apology to Mrs. Trump and her family, and agreed to pay her a substantial sum as a settlement,” Blackett said in a statement.

Blackett also provided The Post with a copy of the 71-year-old Gaithersburg, MD, resident’s apology.

“I posted an article on August 2, 2016 about Melania Trump that was replete with false and defamatory statements about her. I had no legitimate factual basis to make these false statements and I fully retract them,” it reads.

When Webster first aired these rumors about Melania Trump, my own feeling at the time was that he was being incautious. The Daily Mail told much more detail than Tarpley ever did in their newspaper and on line, but Webster seemed to be passing the information on in a way that left me feeling that he was taking the truth of it for granted, or, at least, giving it too much credence.

Personally I think the lawsuit against Tarpley may have had more to do with numerous broadcasts made by him, opposing the candidacy of Donald Trump for president, than damage he is assumed to have caused to the reputation of Mrs. Trump.

Currently I am watching another website Matt Ralston's Blog: ( Caution, vulgarity,)

mattralston.net...

to see how long it remains untouched by the Trump legal representatives. The allegations made in this blog are completely unequivocal, and the blogger rivals Tarpley himself in obscurity.

Also, I am as against defamation as you are, if it is defamation.
edit on 22-2-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join