It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept Warns: Iran Seeking to Capture U.S. Citizens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Thread standards here have gone down the toilet.

Aren't there rules about starting threads? Sources, explanations and the OP's opinion on the topic?

AMEN to that, MysticPearl. I felt the same way when I saw that title labeling Trump's reaching out to Black voters as "Ignorant". Most posters still do a relatively good job though, considering how many new threads are created on ATS every day.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I thought the $500 million was not just ransom money, but future protection-insurance money as well. You think the Iranians would lie?

Donald Trump will fix problems like this labeling IRAN as "off-limits" to U.S. citizens. Go there, get captured.. and you're on your own.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

cultural diversity

Diversity maybe, culture? NO!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
People please this isn't even the first time ransom have been paid to Iran to release amaricans. You don't think this sultan ponied up the money because he really loves amaricans do you?? He was given the money from the state dept.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8/23/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/23/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Like riding a motorcycle without a helmet. There are some things it's just not smart to do. Not all humans are smart.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Any American traveling to Iran, for any reason should be required to carry a hand grenade. For personal use when they get into trouble.

We should not be paying anybody to recover a citizen who has gone to a country such as Iran. They are using the recent nuclear weapons deal to mock us, especially since it did not include ballistic missiles.

Iran is a country that we need to cut off. Take the Persians here and vette them, or send them back. Seize the revenue and assets we had, and let them become like their friends in N. Korea.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ludivocus
I seem to remember student who could have used some help from the US. I still wonder why we didn't strike while the iron was hot. The students seemed to want some serious reforms and more freedoms, who knows the real story? But I remember feeling (yes feeling) that they expected help.

Text Iranian Student Protests of July, 1999 (Also known as 18th of Tir and Kuye Daneshgah Disaster (Persian: فاجعه کوی دانشگاه‎‎) in Iran) (7–13 July)[1] were, before the 2009 Iranian election protests, the most widespread and violent public protests to occur in Iran since the early years of the Iranian Revolution.[2]

www.wikiwand.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.wikiwand.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

oh no

top topics

<< 1   >>

join