It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept Warns: Iran Seeking to Capture U.S. Citizens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Who would have guessed that giving a ransom for prisoners was a bad idea

The State Department issued a warning on Monday urging U.S. citizens to avoid traveling to Iran, which has made the detention of Americans a priority.

We will be paying more ransoms later...

freebeacon.com...

edit on 22-8-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
they are importing cultural diversity

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Source?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thread standards here have gone down the toilet.

Aren't there rules about starting threads? Sources, explanations and the OP's opinion on the topic?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Is the going rate for captured Americans still $100M Per?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Took me forever to find the actual source because when I did a google search about this all that came up was the right wing Free Beacon and tons of right wing websites all sourcing the Free Beacon. Funny the FB didn't source the State Department.

Here is the travel warning, travel.state.gov...

So all that said, who the hell is flying to Iran? Well, not you or I but dual citizenship Iranians. They are the ones being targeted and I'm sure they're well aware of the risk without this new travel warning about Iran. People should just stop going to Iran and try to get their families and friends out.

Sad really, before the 1979 Iran revolution, Iran was a much different place. A better place. Iran is due for another revolution but I fear the west would be behind it, again, and nothing but more fail will follow.

edit on 22-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Yeah, but people ignore it and make the thread for them, so others do it too. If people would stop replying to these weak ass threads, maybe we'd get some quality back.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Well perhaps the Mods will message the OP and ask him to read the text before starting every thread about how to start a thread.

If someone started the same thread but with more substance it will be closed and redirected to this one. That said, this thread may receive many flags and stars because it adds fuel to the fire of conservatives who are mad at Obama for paying Iran 400 million of their own money.
edit on 22-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That's because they know Obama will pay them hundreds of millions in ransom.

Or let terrorists go for a deserter.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
"It is a settled policy of America, that as peace is better than war, war is better than tribute. The United States, while they wish for war with no nation, will buy peace with none."
- James Madison

Maybe we will get back to this point some day.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
* closes eyes and crosses fingers *

"Please take Trump and Clinton. Please take Trump and Clinton. Please take Trump and Clinton."

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That happens when you pay a ransom. Iran already has taken another American into custody since the last exchange.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

All yanks should PM me, I have an idea how we can all make millions out of this. All I need is a studio, your best acting face and about 4 weeks of your time.

Who wants to be a millionaire?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

travel.state.gov...
This is from the state dept.
Says it replaces the one from March to reiterate warnings in particular dual nationals. Seems like a standing warning.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Thread standards here have gone down the toilet.

Aren't there rules about starting threads? Sources, explanations and the OP's opinion on the topic?

I can understand your frustration with this post, it's my first post from cell, I think we will survive. I'm just glad it was posted.
edit on 22-8-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Do ugly American's need to apply?

The money sounds about right.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Iran does not recognize dual citizenship. So Iranian-Americans are viewed as only Iranian once they enter the 7th circle of hell errr.. Iran.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And common sense. In fact, everyone stay away from the Middle East all together. It's not worth it, for now.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is why they need to forbid travel to this country under penalty of losing your citizenship.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Funny how there are a lot of accusations coming out about Russia, Iran and Syria at the moment.

in recent days a lot was made of a thread that shows a Syrian child that was pulled out of rubble on days before I gather.

Last night the Australian 4 Corners program on the Australian broadcasting commission (ABC) did a 50 minute piece which I did not bother watching but no doubt would have been Syria and Russian bashing exercise.

My reason for thinking this is this. How could the 4 Corners Crew have got to Syria so quick, done all the filming, did or the editing and all the other post production work, had a final review of the program by management and got approval and still get it to air in such a short time? All in an organisation which has been starved of funds and staff in recent times.

What is also very strange, is that last night I see in the ticker tape news on some TV station, while flipping the channels, a head line saying "Australian Democracy may be skewed by foreign donations."

Watza chances that the donations are coming from Russia and China? betcha 100 to 1. Compare this professed 'concern" against strongly suspected US involvement in the dismissal of an Australian Govt by the Queens Rep in Australia, the Governor General, in 197? whatever.

These people have the credibility of the devil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join