It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, I need advice for South Korea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So, here's the story. I'm wanting to go to move to south korea. I had an online friend who came here to the united states. I got her pregnant. She's two months along. She's also from south korea. She refuses to live in the united states and gave me a list of reasons why which are actually extremely valid reasons and I understand. So, I'd like to move to south korea and be with her. Problem is, I have no college education, and don't really have enough money to just walk over there and stay there without a job. To get a job over there, I need at least a bachelors. However, they're only focusing on hiring south koreans. As a foreigner the best job I can get with success is an english teaching job. Problem is, to get an english teaching job there, I need at least a bachelors degree also.

Now, I can get an associates and try and do some program that will move me over there and assist me with getting my bachelors degree over there while also finding me small time work that I can also survive off of. The next problem being, that said program isn't accepting new people. Finally, if I try and get a bachelors here in the states, I need to take on school loans, which also means I need a job. As it stands, no jobs in my area are hiring people unless they actually have past experience, or a college degree, which I have neither. So, I can't get a job here unless I go to college, I can't move there unless I go to college, and to go to college means I have to take on school loans, and pay those off for who knows how long, which I need the money to go live with her and also college will take years for me to complete....

I'd like some help. Please anyone on ATS help out...from one fellow human to another, any advice? I'm really dying here.

edit on 22-8-2016 by XendorFazem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: XendorFazem
I..kinda got her pregnant.

Hmmmm. 'Kinda pregnant'. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Changed it (just in case you thought I wasn't sure).

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: XendorFazem

I would try to land a gig in North Korean since they are always hiring and then visit her on the weekends.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So what's the problem?
I thought every country has an open border policy with government handouts to anybody that can make the trip. Was I mistaken?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Apparently just America.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Without a useful skill you will not be allowed to stay in south korea. Your options are pretty limited.
The best option is for her to move here but you said that's out.
You better get use to a long distance relationship.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

There are lots of ways to move to Korea. The worst way to go is for a teacher's position.

No ... you don't need a degree. If you don't have one, what you need is a résumé. What can you do? What kind of work ethic are you capable of displaying on paper?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

There are lots of ways to move to Korea. The worst way to go is for a teacher's position.

No ... you don't need a degree. If you don't have one, what you need is a résumé. What can you do? What kind of work ethic are you capable of displaying on paper?

Honestly, absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: XendorFazem

originally posted by: Snarl

Honestly, absolutely nothing.

Well ... that's honest ...

The Land of the Morning Calm resides on the Other Side of Midnight. It's a long long way from Kansas, my friend, and there's no assurance that once you get there you can get back. Bad bad things happen to vagrants.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Move to the Philippines.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It looks like you're going to have a very hard time immigrating to Korea. It's a long process.

Your best bet is to visit on a tourist visa, and then think about marrying her if you're very serious about staying there in the future.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Only the West.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The only way i coukd see you being allowed to stay with being in a workinf visa is to get married, then i would think you would be allowed to stay due to the authorities not being able to split up a family.

Indeed S Korea is a very "smart" country with very high expectations of its citizens i have noticed every job there wants a degree which everyone is expected to have.

The only other avenue i can think of is if you have a niche skill (tattoo artist) (Tennis Coach) or similar that could allow you to open your own business, but this may be a very long shot.

As someone that has lived and worked in a number of places around the world I hate to say it but it is far harder than you can even imagine to get settled. I am currently in the Philippines and before we came here i made sure i had a very healthy amount of savings and then a comfortable income whilst I am here, I am only here for a limited time on a career break and will have the stress free notion of walking straight back into a good job in London on my return. Any other way and your relationship will suffer big time. Case in point, my first married ended on a failed immigration trip to the Caribbean. I was there to over see a house restroration but after 4 months the fund for said build dried up and we was let with no income, I got a job to tied us over but the stress of it all was to much we only lasted a further 2 months when we got back to the UK..

Sorry to say this but why the hell did you get her pregnant?????. ...

RA
edit on 22-8-2016 by slider1982 because: added

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am sad a child is being brought into this mess.

Sorry to say that, but think about it.

Your only hope is to stay here.

My God man let the child be born an American citizen.

Sorry I'm not more positive for you, but this seems like a bad situation.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
tell her to get over herself and move back to the U.S.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Defect to South Korea !

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
South Korea is a far better place to live than the US and yes I have visited both, the culture is respectful, the average IQ is the highest in the world I believe, Seoul is very modern and has the best or one of the best along with Finland regarding education systems.. Why would you want your child brought up in a collapsing economy that has very little social values in a broken education system that is designed to keep you stupid,for him/her to pay vast amounts for a University education that lands them in massive debt to then work at Walmart/McD's etc etc?????....

South Korea has many advantages,

Brother the other option is to look at something like YouTube, I have met sooo many people the last few years making a living out of YT and a bloody good living at that, also remember the internet speed in SK is the fastest in the world so use it. Failing that look at importing or if you could get a job as a broker for shipping.. You can test the water for this by asking US companies if they need a contact there, you may well be surprised. I have a close friend in the UK that heads to SK about 5 times a year working for Hyundai freight.

RA

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
The only way i coukd see you being allowed to stay with being in a workinf visa is to get married, then i would think you would be allowed to stay due to the authorities not being able to split up a family.

Indeed S Korea is a very "smart" country with very high expectations of its citizens i have noticed every job there wants a degree which everyone is expected to have.

The only other avenue i can think of is if you have a niche skill (tattoo artist) (Tennis Coach) or similar that could allow you to open your own business, but this may be a very long shot.

As someone that has lived and worked in a number of places around the world I hate to say it but it is far harder than you can even imagine to get settled. I am currently in the Philippines and before we came here i made sure i had a very healthy amount of savings and then a comfortable income whilst I am here, I am only here for a limited time on a career break and will have the stress free notion of walking straight back into a good job in London on my return. Any other way and your relationship will suffer big time. Case in point, my first married ended on a failed immigration trip to the Caribbean. I was there to over see a house restroration but after 4 months the fund for said build dried up and we was let with no income, I got a job to tied us over but the stress of it all was to much we only lasted a further 2 months when we got back to the UK..

Sorry to say this but why the hell did you get her pregnant?????. ...

RA

Condoms suck. I didn't expect to have sex that night anyway, when you're in the heat of the moment. Ehhh, no excuse I guess. Either way, you've been very insightful and I'll definitely take what you said and investigate it.
edit on 22-8-2016 by XendorFazem because: (no reason given)

top topics

join