It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force in talks for FA-50 CRADA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Air Force recently completed a cooperative research and development assessment of the Textron Scorpion, and now is well along in talks with Lockheed to perform a second assessment, this time of the FA-50 Golden Eagle. Neither aircraft is technically in consideration by the Air Force, but an assessment may help with foreign sales.

A variant of the Golden Eagle is entered into the T-X program to replace the T-38 trainer.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

From the article - "The USAF’s new CRADAs allow the service to certify an aircraft’s airworthiness without a programme of record"...

Yeah this sounds like a great idea. If I were one of the other competitors on the T-X project, I wouldn't hesitate to cite these 'CRADA's' as unfair evaluation procedures. I.e. helping one competitor refine their specs / capabilities while working directly with the USAF (all going on 'outside' of the T-X procurement mind you).

As promised in the other thread, it looks like I will never get to hear any of these unknown designations from you

If there are any folks here on ATS that work in procurement, I'd be curious to hear their take. To me it seems like the USAF is just eager to give their ACOs work experience in responding to protests...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Depends if CRADA certified is part of the spec, if not it would be removed from the evaluation process, if it was? All would have to have or they would be non conforming.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I think it's really just a formality at this point. It will probably be fulfilled almost as soon as it's filed. Since the Scorpion has no real track record the CRADA was necessary, in Lockheed's case they're using an airframe that's in active combat patrols around the world. Its airworthiness is quite well known. I think they just don't want to seem like they have any less credential for the T-X than Textron on paper. Even if it's not required by spec, I'd imagine the other competitors to follow suit, just to cover their bases. But that could just as easily not happen.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: aholic

I wouldn't. Then if I lose the competition I can cite this as giving the others an unfair advantage in the competition and get it thrown out. There's no way they don't overturn it if one competitor goes through a CRADA and the others don't.

Textron isn't even part of the T-X at this point unless something has changed and I missed it.
edit on 8/22/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

My mistake, forgot they opted out.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Lockheed withdrew from the CRADA after they and the Air Force were unable to reach an agreement on final terms and conditions.

Textron completed phase one of their CRADA,which included a compliance assessment. That data now goes to the AF,while they negotiate phase two.

new topics

top topics

join