It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver to Trump: Drop Out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Because you say so? lol Pretty sure he'll go where he pleases, not like you'll do anything about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just more evidence of a left leaning media, perpetuating false claims of racism to the ignorant masses, who are too lazy to do their homework and would rather listen to a talking head on TV, who is completely controlled.
All the desperate attempts by almost every single media outlet, makes me want to vote for him more.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
John Oliver is not a US Citizen as of 2015 but he has been commenting on US politics for a while. Comment all you want buddy. Not a citizen and no skin in the game. Have fun with your green card. I will be voting for Trump.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Never heard of him, but he fits right in with the rest of the media.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Wow, the anti-Trump crowd is scared as hell, aren't they? "We are starting to see that we may not be able to beat you, so you should drop out." That's about as apropos to this generation's ability to handle challenges as it gets.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline exactly! Why don't each of us start a threat to demand that the candidate we don't like drop out! It would mean just as much as what John Oliver is requesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Oh jeez.

THIS clown again?

Yeah, exactly what i would expect from him.

It would make sense if only Trump wasnt completely serious and didnt have such viable support.

But sure, Oli, go back to your leftist circle-jerk of a tv show which is becoming less and less important and make more unfunny "comedy".

ETA better yet, have Trump on and see how that goes...
edit on 22-8-2016 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: reldra

Please cite any evidence of the alleged racial bigotry.

Keep in mind islam is NOT A RACE.

Fortune- is Trump a Racist?

“ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

That's the best you can do?

Unsubstantiated hearsay from a disgraced fromer employee with an axe to grind and a book to sell?

That seems pretty desperate evidence to support allegations of being "steeped in racial bigotry".

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
Just more evidence of a left leaning media, perpetuating false claims of racism to the ignorant masses, who are too lazy to do their homework and would rather listen to a talking head on TV, who is completely controlled.
All the desperate attempts by almost every single media outlet, makes me want to vote for him more.

I posted the multiple examples of racism and there are more. I gave just the tip of the iceberg. All separate from John Oliver.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Remember... "For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country" = NOT racist, NOT anti-American...
"Mexico isn't sending us their best and brightest" = OMG!!! You hatefull jackass! Racism! Bigotry!!! Burn him!

Someday (hopefully as soon as November) we can enjoy a hearty laugh and some good, old fashioned mockery at the expense of the hypocrisy we've witnessed recently in politics.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

No, you posted a hearsay quote from an article steeped in a combination of hearsay and "racism" dependent more on interpretation and the overdramatic than on any tangible description of racism.

But hey, whatever manages to avoid actually discussing the real issues Trump is going to ride to victory, right?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Please cite any evidence of the alleged racial bigotry.

Keep in mind islam is NOT A RACE.

Fortune- is Trump a Racist?

“ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

That's the best you can do?

Unsubstantiated hearsay from a disgraced fromer employee with an axe to grind and a book to sell?

That seems pretty desperate evidence to support allegations of being "steeped in racial bigotry".

When Trump was first asked about the quote, he stated he probably did say it. Later on, he said he doesn't remember saying it. The article will point out former employees who remember that he simply spoke like that.

He also delivered innuendo about the president’s academic record and admission to Columbia University and Harvard Law School, implying that he was academically unworthy but benefitted from affirmative action.

Whether he’s mocking Chinese businesspeople with broken English, contorting his body to make fun of a disabled reporter, or calling out to “my African American,” again and again, Trump has provoked anxiety and played to racial divisions.

edit on 22-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

If one an't see this, they must be blind. Trump settled out of court in a multi million dollar suit where he discriminated against African American would be renters. He attempted to counterasue the federal government, the countersuit was thrown out. For 2 years, Trump was closley monitored by the government to make certain he wasn't breaking the law and had to submit vacancies and who was rented to.
edit on 22-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Here os an example of bigotry and xenophobia.

Remember that time Trump resaerched Oliver's ancestry and discovered his ancesteral name was actually Herr Zoliverph?

Trump thought it sounded scary and foreign and reminiscent of dark shifty german stereotypes so he insisted on calling Oliver "Zoloverph" from then on.

What???

Did you just make all that up??? You just made that up didn't you???

WTF are you talking about???

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Wow, the anti-Trump crowd is scared as hell, aren't they? "We are starting to see that we may not be able to beat you, so you should drop out." That's about as apropos to this generation's ability to handle challenges as it gets.

Trump dropping out would likely give the win to Johnson. 1/3 of Americans say they would vote third party but, because they do not want Trump they are voting Clinton or because they do not want Clinton they are voting Trump. If your a Clinton supporter you want Trump in the race. Without him she would likely lose. In particular if they replaced him with somebody that was not so disliked. If you are for a third party Trump dropping out is the best thing that could happen because you could likely pull off a win. You will never hear Clinton ask Trump to drop out, he is the only person she can beat. She should never have had a chance this election and she some how got the only guy people like less than her.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No, you posted a hearsay quote from an article steeped in a combination of hearsay and "racism" dependent more on interpretation and the overdramatic than on any tangible description of racism.

It's not 'hearsay'.

In 1997 he was interviewed for Playboy by author Mark Bowden and he confirmed that the O’Donnell book was “probably true.”

Trump only completely denied it when seeking the Reform Party nomination for President 2 years later.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Even the most flagrant LW polls bumping him up this week. One thing people do not like is smut reporting. It worked in other elections but not in this one and it's driving Democrats insane. Why is his numbers going up...we need more racist articles, more bigot articles...more more more..

I don't even expect him to win but it's fun watching them get flustered.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Remember... "For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country" = NOT racist, NOT anti-American...
"Mexico isn't sending us their best and brightest" = OMG!!! You hatefull jackass! Racism! Bigotry!!! Burn him!

Someday (hopefully as soon as November) we can enjoy a hearty laugh and some good, old fashioned mockery at the expense of the hypocrisy we've witnessed recently in politics.

Trump said 'they are rapists'. I am not sure how you can compare the two.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking while I was watching this.

The sad part is how much he tried to appeal to logic while making his argument rather than just making it an off-the-cuff joke.

It seemed as though he REALLY wanted this joke to be taken seriously.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

bigotry |ˈbiɡətrē|
noun
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself: the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry.

Well done, John. You've proven yourself to be quite tolerant.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Well done, John. You've proven yourself to be quite tolerant.

Where is it written that he must be tolerant toward everyone???

Trump wouldn't tolerate him anymore than he tolerates Trump.

People here don't tolerate John anymore than he'd tolerate them.

What's you point exactly??

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join