It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAUGHT ON VIDEO=> Hillary Supporters Commit Voter Fraud in Nevada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Let me help ya out there....and then you can leave me the hell alone

Nevada Secretary of State

To ensure the integrity of the voter registration process, any individual or organization conducting a voter registration drive in Nevada must adhere to all statutory regulations. It is the responsibility of an individual or organization conducting a voter registration drive to ensure all participants acting on behalf of such individual or organization are compliant with these requirements.

So you see, it doesn't matter WHO she is. If she is registering voters she MUST comply with the law!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Martin75

Under Nevada Revised Statute 293.505(10), while registering a voter, a field registrar shall not: (a) Solicit a vote for or against a particular question or candidate; (b) Speak to a voter on the subject of marking his or her ballot for or against a particular question or candidate; or (c) Distribute any petition or other material concerning a candidate or question which will be on the ballot for the ensuing election.

She is still apparently in violation of law by carrying anti-Trump material.

Nothing else needs to be said!

Is she a County-appointed Field Registrar?

Serious question. If she is not, is she legally allowed to register people to vote?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi
Yes, BUT she must comply with ALL state law that county officials have to stand by

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Under Nevada Revised Statute 293.505(10), while registering a voter, a field registrar shall not: (a) Solicit a vote for or against a particular question or candidate; (b) Speak to a voter on the subject of marking his or her ballot for or against a particular question or candidate; or (c) Distribute any petition or other material concerning a candidate or question which will be on the ballot for the ensuing election.

Nothing?

Can she be a field registrar if she's a resident of CA?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have worked as a petitioner, and the laws are STRICT. We had several states invalidate THOUSANDS of signatures because of things as trivial as ink used for a date on a signature being a different color (black /blue)....

being registered as a republican when getting a democrat on a ballot (my case, had to reregister as a dem),

And the most important....collecting signatures on sheets I DID NOT SIGN and put MY personal information on... as it is that you act as a witness to the signature, and the form is a legally binding document.

If she is not allowed to collect these because she is out of state, is collecting for a drive there to help out but is not on the official paperwork submitted and those forms are then signed and submitted by someone else as the witness, they are invalid.

I dont know Nevada law, but that is pretty universal for all forms. You cant hand your work to someone else, since each form is signed by the person collecting the signatures and has a written declaration saying you are a witness and give an oath that each was legally obtained.

This all seems VERY strange. These laws are ALWAYS strict and board of elections are the biggest assholes about this stuff. NOT TRIVIAL.

It could jepordize the entire drive. Every signature collected, and they would have to refile all paperwork, and begin again.

Had it happen to my old boss several times. Dumbass people like this lady invalidate entire petition and registrant drives.

edit on 8 22 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Actually you're wrong about the field registrar thing. That's an actual position to which people are appointed. Given this woman's California plate's I'm guessing she's not a field registrar for any county in Nevada.

However, it looks to me that the statute covers any person who assists another "in completing the application to register to vote" and not just field registrars.

The video doesn't show her assisting anyone in completing the application to register to vote. If you read the actual statutes, it does NOT appear that it would be a violation to knock a door and say, "Hi, I'm a supporter of Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump must be stopped at all costs, he's an evil evil man yadda yadda blah blah blah. Are you a registered voter? No? Well right here on my clipboard with this super cool anti-Trump thing taped to the back, along with my pro-Hillary literature, I have mail in voter registration forms. Would you like one?"

It really comes down to the interpretation of the "assisted in completing" part of the statute. This video clearly doesn't show that happening. It's being inferred because of what we hear on the video and the woman's hurried exit.

We have absolutely no idea what actually transpired before the video.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Is she a County-appointed Field Registrar?

Serious question. If she is not, is she legally allowed to register people to vote?

She owns a research company out of CA.

Proof she's not doing research, but actually registering voters seems a far stretch.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Nothing?

Can she be a field registrar if she's a resident of CA?

Apparently you missed this part (the part that answered my question, TY Martin75 for answering my serious question).

nvsos.gov...

To ensure the integrity of the voter registration process, any individual or organization conducting a voter registration drive in Nevada must adhere to all statutory regulations. It is the responsibility of an individual or organization conducting a voter registration drive to ensure all participants acting on behalf of such individual or organization are compliant with these requirements.

According to that, just the very fact that she is registering people to vote requires her adhere to all statutory regulation. So, according to the statute, she is breaking the law. It doesn't matter where she is from. She is required by law to maintain an impartial appearance while registering people.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Is she registering voters?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes she says she is at approximately the 18 second mark. He asks is she registering people to vote and she says "For Republican and Democrat" She admits on the video she is registering people to vote.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Was she carrying it? Or was she handing it out, distributing it to people and asking them to vote for the candidates, as your above quote specifies? They are not remotely the same thing.

I can carry/wear buttons, pamphlets, T-shirts, signs...whatever I want in as many varieties as I want, for as long as I want, any time I want, on any public property...and as long as I am not distributing that material and using it to solicit a vote for a particular candidate, I am doing absolutely nothing wrong. And no amount of other people assuming that I am, outside of the context of what is visually recorded and clearly evident such as video footage, is going to make it any different.

It is simply their opinion of what I'm doing, their assumption that they know my own intent better than I do, based upon their own subjective view.

If she was in fact using any of the things she was carrying to approach people and solicit votes or attempt to sway their vote, then yes. Lock her up. Make an example out of her. Is that what you are saying happened here?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Was she carrying it? Or was she handing it out, distributing it to people and asking them to vote for the candidates, as your above quote specifies? They are not remotely the same thing.

I can carry/wear buttons, pamphlets, T-shirts, signs...whatever I want in as many varieties as I want, for as long as I want, any time I want, on any public property...and as long as I am not distributing that material and using it to solicit a vote for a particular candidate, I am doing absolutely nothing wrong. And no amount of other people assuming that I am, outside of the context of what is visually recorded and clearly evident such as video footage, is going to make it any different.

It is simply their opinion of what I'm doing, their assumption that they know my own intent better than I do, based upon their own subjective view.

If she was in fact using any of the things she was carrying to approach people and solicit votes or attempt to sway their vote, then yes. Lock her up. Make an example out of her. Is that what you are saying happened here?

She admits in the video that she is registering people to vote. She is not allowed to promote any candidate or show any partisianship while registering voters. Handing out anti anything while registering voters is against the law.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something here?

This was for the DNC primary right?

How can you be non-partisan for that?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
If she is registering voters, yes. And she must comply with Nevada laws!

a reply to: theantediluvian
Yes but under Nevada state law she is acting as a registrar if she is registering voters so she has to follow the laws of the appointed registrar. Just because she wasn’t apoointed doesn’t mean she gets to circumvent the laws…that sounds like a Clinton loophole that doesn’t exist.

a reply to: tadaman
Thank you for that great information!!!!

edit on 8/22/2016 by Martin75 because: added thank you to Tadaman

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You're correct on both counts. That doesn't mean that she was actually breaking the statute though. Read back where I linked and posted the relevant text.

If they simply handed out registration forms, it's not illegal from what I can tell. They also don't appear to have completed registration forms on the clipboards.

I've looked over the video a few more times. If the Nevada election folks want to track down one of the people who met with these two, it won't be difficult. The card that the Trump staffer grabbed wasn't actually Hillary literature. The cards appear to be cards for people to signup to volunteer for Hillary and the name, phone number and address on the top one is clearly visible.

EDIT:

I stand corrected about the literature. Following a link to Reddit, it appears that the it's the woman's contact information (Susan Berman).
edit on 2016-8-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
Maybe I'm missing something here?

This was for the DNC primary right?

How can you be non-partisan for that?

Why would she be registering Republicans to vote for the DNC primary? She states that she is registering Republicans and Democrats to vote.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You're correct on both counts. That doesn't mean that she was actually breaking the statute though. Read back where I linked and posted the relevant text.

If they simply handed out registration forms, it's not illegal from what I can tell. They also don't appear to have completed registration forms on the clipboards.

I've looked over the video a few more times. If the Nevada election folks want to track down one of the people who met with these two, it won't be difficult. The card that the Trump staffer grabbed wasn't actually Hillary literature. The cards appear to be cards for people to signup to volunteer for Hillary and the name, phone number and address on the top one is clearly visible.

She states she is registering people to vote and has an anti trump sticker clearly visible on the clipboard she is holding. Wouldn't you consider that partisan? Regardless of what the material she is handing out, the anti Trump clipboard is a violation.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Yes she says she is at approximately the 18 second mark. He asks is she registering people to vote and she says "For Republican and Democrat" She admits on the video she is registering people to vote.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
You cannot if you are registering voters, which she was. I have already posted the law that she broke.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stonergeek

It's electioneering if there's an election going on. This was supposedly registration to vote.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join