It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My right wing news site freeze more then my left wing news sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
When I surf the web for news, my right wing news sites seem to freeze more often then the left wing news sites. I am even talking when I am trying to read sports from a conservative news paper. Does this happen to anyone else?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Both wings are part of the same corrupt birdy - I highly doubt there is a notable "trend" where more right-wing sites are laggy than left-wing sites.

I would reset your router

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Let me solve this mystery for you as a professional programmer, system administrator, web dev, etc and somebody who has the exact same experience with particularly "alt right news" sites.

It's because they are going overboard monetizing their click bait.

Some of the sites hardly even load due to the abundance of embedded videos, pop-ups, pop-unders, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
ATS is the only site i have problems with, The servers they use are diabolical, 30% of the time i load a page here and im just left hanging, The other 30% of the time the page takes over a minute to load and the other 40% seems to work fine.

Every other site i visit works fine so it's not my connection thats the problem, Anyone else have this problem?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

More of them are being viewed that the left wing sites.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Let me solve this mystery for you as a professional programmer, system administrator, web dev, etc and somebody who has the exact same experience with particularly "alt right news" sites.

Some of the sites hardly even load due to the abundance of embedded videos, pop-ups, pop-udders, etc.

And that is because they are more popular, right?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Some of the sites hardly even load due to the abundance of embedded videos, pop-ups, pop-udders, etc.

If you want to equate using click bait as being "more popular" that's on you.

I'd disagree.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: intrptr

If you want to equate using click bait as being "more popular" that's on you.

I'd disagree.

Ad execs play to the largest audience.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
When I surf the web for news, my right wing news sites seem to freeze more often then the left wing news sites. I am even talking when I am trying to read sports from a conservative news paper. Does this happen to anyone else?

It hapens to me. It took me about 20 minutes to try to load a video on, on what I later termed to be a 'ridiculous website' yesterday or the day before. The OP later added a source from 'The Hill', which was slow but not as slow as the first one. Another member then added youtube versions and another website that worked fine.

It is the ads and popups. Even my ABP could not keep up. Happens on similar sites, often.

My computer is fine, my housemate is an IT guy, he keeps all the machines here working. I also have 100/100 FIOS. It happens on my 3 year old desktop and on one of my laptops that is about 4 months old and free of clutter.

It does not happen on sites thought of as left wing or mainstream and it doesnt happen on ATS.

I have noticed, though, CNN video has been slow to load and almost every article now loads with a related vido, which may not even be about that particular article, that has been frustrating.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Or its just that they have heavy traffic.

Not all right wingy sites have tons of click bait. Considering trends, there seem to be more salacious info coming out versus Left wingy and "inquiring minds want to know".

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Some of the sites hardly even load due to the abundance of embedded videos, pop-ups, pop-unders, etc.

I am sorry but your will be the only post no one replies to.....

See you actually posted the truth and some just 1+1=2 type logic.....which should have shut this thread down really, because mystery solved.

But instead everyone would rather fight over ridiculousness..

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Many of those sites are under regular ddos attacks.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
only visit two sites, this is one, here if it's anti Hillary or same vein or foreign terrorism my iPad shuts off and need to restart safari and wait for reload, stupid videos play all day. Lol

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Ummm...you actually visit...left wing news sites...?

Have you...bumped your head...?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
my right wing news sites seem to freeze more often then the left wing news sites.

Why on earth are you electively browsing material that you readily identify as partisan propaganda?

new topics

top topics

join