It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump the next JFK?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Wait...If Hillary is the establishment then why are the establishment republicans going after her constantly?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

What do you mean? Kennedy WAS president already. Trying to claim he never will be. And Trump hasn't yet been. Mandela effect maybe. You're in a different timeline.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I haven't seen the repub club this upset in a long time, maybe since Perot.? If these mostly old men are upset, I think it's a good thing.

I don't remember any other candidates naming large profitable corps that were moving job or calling our teams who make terrible trade deals stupid and point blank calling the other candidates on the crap they pull, to their faces, on live TV.

I think this is how a plumber, cop, baker or teacher would approach politics, right or wrong, and by the way I would vote for almost any of the before mentioned " normal" people before Trump or Hilly. I feel a person who looks at their health care bill and says son-of-a-bitch, there has to be a better way, maybe, just maybe will look out for the unwashed who make 50,000$ a year instead of 10,000,000,000$ a year.

Is Trump JFK? was JFK JFK at this point when he was on the campaign trail (i don't know too young)?

I look forward to the Hilly and Trump to debate, we may learn what if anything is really going on by how much fur flies.
edit on 22-8-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Failed reading comprehension, did you?

TRUMP is the one who will never be President.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
"was JFK JFK at this point when he was on the campaign trail (i don't know too young)? "

Not really. Both Nixon and JFK were dicey candidates with reputed mob connections being whispered about. Nixon had the unfortunate luck to be far less handsome than Kennedy, and he always looked sweaty and like he needed a shave on TV. He was smart but there was an evil edge to it.

Kennedy, on the other hand, was extremely handsome, charismatic, honestly humorous (unlike Nixon who never said anything funny in his life) and had a gorgeous, stylish French-speaking wife. That whole 'Camelot' meme that Jackie started wasn't for nuthin'. Meanwhile, Nixon just had Pat (a closet drunk) who wore middle class utilitarian 'Republican cloth coats'....and rarely smiled, because she was married to Nixon, the poor thing.

The vote between Nixon and Kennedy was actually quite close; many thought he was too young and trusted Nixon as Eisenhower's VP; the war was newly over and people were still shell-shocked.

But 'young and new' won out. We saw later on what a crappy President Nixon could be

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Is Trump the next JFK? One of the theories on the JFK assignation was: even though JFK was from one of ruling bloodlines, he went away from the bloodline and was a fighter for the average person. We all know Trump is rich, so...is he part of the establishment(we KNOW the all the Clintons are, same with most-if not all-of the Bush family) or is he like JFK, and wondered off the reservation?

Personally, I go back and forth. I cannot say that Trump is a slam dunk anti-establishment, but I can say that the establishment is after him and after him hard, which gives me hope. I can say, without doubt, that Hillary IS the establishment. The common person and the establishment do not mesh.

Ok, I'll bite. Is Trump's father still alive and do the mafia still have enough influence to buy votes for him - it's widely assumed that Joseph Kennedy did that for JFK.

Does Trump go out of his way to have sex with anything female that he sees? Credit to Trump, I don't see evidence of that, but maybe it's his age.

Will Trump push for the escalation of what started out as a conflict but ended up in a defeated war in Asia long after his death? If he's elected, I hope not for the youth of America and whichever Asian country he might not agree with the politics of.

That's bashing the myth of JFK. May I humbly say though that by all accounts he was a war hero in WW2, for anything after that, be careful what you think he was - if he was around now and the Bay of Pigs incident was happening you would all be giving him hell for bringing the USA to the brink of nuclear war................... is that what you expect of Trump?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It is more like is trump the next Jimmy Carter...a peanut farmer....or maybe it is more like trump is the next whatever.
Cheers,

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

No just making a mockery of your comment.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Not even remotely.

For one thing, even if JFK was "off the reservation," the long march through the institutions hadn't been completed quite yet, so the press loved JFK and built his presidency, despite its very real flaws into an American Camelot so much so that they still had enough reverence left over to cover for Teddy at Chappaquiddick and forever after. Of course, by then Teddy was one of the club.

The media is part of the game now and they hate Trump, so if he is an outsider (may or may not be), he won't have any such thing as an adoring press creating anything like Camelot around him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join