It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does ats do anything about bots or people accusing people of shills and bots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
does ats have a bot problem?
theyre are lots of accusations of people working for hilary but i think if you look at the pro trump pages it seems theres alot more on ats

is their bot checking software - - i wonder why the pro trump threads get so many stars and flags especially seing the trump people saying ats is a liberal haven

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
65% of internet is bot traffic, for all I know Trump bots fight Hillary bots all day in here.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think the actual people here tend to lean toward the right. But if you're curious, start 2 threads that have nothing to do with the election, maybe pick one liberal topic and one conservative topic, post them around the same time and see which one is more popular. Just don't mention anything about candidates. That should tell you whether the vocal majority is left or right.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lortl

i wonder why the pro trump threads get so many stars and flags

Common sense.
We don't want to see a criminal as President.

You've started 3 threads almost back to back, one bashing and insulting Trump followers, a second hinting that you should be rewarded for your amount of stars in such a short time and now this one, whining that people didn't fall for your anti Trump thread and saying people should be punished for calling others "bots" or "shills". Pathetic little tactic, when you have used those names against others yourself. Can't take it...grow a thicker skin. It's a known fact that Hillary has paid followers who belong to "Correct The Record", invading websites to overwhelm her naysayers. Trump doesn't need to hire people to say good things about him. He may not be perfect, but he's not a proven liar, who has put countless people at risk by leaking secure documents.

Seriously, you sling mud like this and then whine when people throw it right back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-8-2016 by DAVID64 because: nothing nefarious - just a typo

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
ATS doesn't discriminate against humans, bots, reptilians, grays, poltergeist, time-travelers, inter-dimensional beings, Nelson Mandela or anything or anyone in between. As long as they stay within the Terms and Conditions. If a bot is caught spamming - like they typically do, then appropriate action is taken.

ATS staff members do not go hunting for bots, "shills", spooks, Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. With about 20,000 new posts a week and only 30 or so staff members there simply isn't the time. And even if there was, it all comes down to the Terms and Conditions. Did a post break any of the rules? No? Then there is no reason to take action.

Also. Not everyone that disagrees with you is a "shill". Not every passionate Hillary supporter on ATS (or elsewhere on the Internet) is a paid Clinton staff member.
edit on 22/8/2016 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
um people like trump. thats just how it is. especially here on ats where people are atleast somewhat educated on the economy and the dangers of taking in refugees. just look at europe )=.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

ATS doesn't discriminate against humans, bots, reptilians, grays, poltergeist, time-travelers, inter-dimensional beings, Nelson Mandela or anything or anyone in between.

I don't know why but I found that part hilarious. The first thing that came to mind were some reptilian supersoldiers sighing in relief from their laptops lol. ignore me, i haven't slept in a while so i'm a bit loopy

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Speaking of accusing people of being shills:

Don't do it.

I'm pretty sure it's a standing policy made a while back that such accusations are 1- unprovable. 2- detract from the conversation. 3- creates a hostile environment where ideas and opinions cannot be discussed.

I was in a thread recently where a poster and I vehemently disagreed with each other. Several pages in and a couple of members began accusing my opponent of being some kind of paid shill. As infuriating as that member was in our discussion I HAD TO come to his/her defense because at the end of the day, having an opinion, no matter how unpopular, is something that everyone on ATS is entitled to express.There is no excuse for such accusations and it makes ATS a worse place for those of us wanting a legitimate discussion regardless of the positions we take.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I am a Hillump shillbot. I just go against everyone..
Peace

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lortl
does ats have a bot problem?
theyre are lots of accusations of people working for hilary but i think if you look at the pro trump pages it seems theres alot more on ats

is their bot checking software - - i wonder why the pro trump threads get so many stars and flags especially seing the trump people saying ats is a liberal haven

According to conservatives all the world is in a vast conspiracy against them lol!

Every real news organization around the globe, where you will get fired for lying? All in a vast conspiracy against conservatives. Never mind the fact NOONE can name one conservative media site who has fired ANYONE for lying (Bill oriley)...

I don't even know how they do the mental gymnastics required to believe that all the world's media, scientists, Hollywood, unions, teachers, college proffessors, exc,exc are all on a global cobspiracy to make the GOP and Jesus look bad,...

It can't be that EVERYONE else disagrees with conservative policies and finds their crazy propaganda ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

That group only pays lip service to issues in how far they can use it to discredit which ever candidate they don't support. The trump lovers are way more active on this site that's for sure. But it seems it's the same seven or eight people. All the time.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Do not worry op, the circle jerk of stars and flags comes from people who kept on claiming that obama would destroy america with ebola, its pretty hard to take any of them really serious.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: anotheramethyst

That group only pays lip service to issues in how far they can use it to discredit which ever candidate they don't support. The trump lovers are way more active on this site that's for sure. But it seems it's the same seven or eight people. All the time.

POT MEET KETTLE!! LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Almost every politician promises the world and quite often delivers little. (think eye dropper). Many seem or actually are corrupt in some way and at times law breakers or at least skirt the law as much as possible. Seems we have these examples this round in at least two candidates.

Thinking either of these two alone can and will fix the problems in this country is a fool's dream. Congress leans back with a smile on it's face watching the public frenzy.

Congress doesn't even have to prepare in advance their excuses for their lack of effort. People will still blame the figurehead for Congressional inaction or mistakes.

Maybe the alleged bots are from a third source since keeping the public lost in the big picture seems to work well enough.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Even though politics has invaded ATS because of the POTUS [s]election, ATS is still a place where non-mainstream and alternative topics can and do flourish.
ATS tend to favor the more non-mainstream candidates.....IMHO.....and ATM, Hillary is the most mainstream of available candidates, again IMHO.

I wish there was more support for Third Party candidates both on ATS and in general in the US.
A truly viable alternative choice.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

i wonder why the pro trump threads get so many stars and flags

Common sense.
We don't want to see a criminal as President.

You've started 3 threads almost back to back, one bashing and insulting Trump followers, a second hinting that you should be rewarded for your amount of stars in such a short time and now this one, whining that people didn't fall for your anti Trump thread and saying people should be punished for calling others "bots" or "shills". Pathetic little tactic, when you have used those names against others yourself. Can't take it...grow a thicker skin. It's a known fact that Hillary has paid followers who belong to "Correct The Record", invading websites to overwhelm her naysayers. Trump doesn't need to hire people to say good things about him. He may not be perfect, but he's not a proven liar, who has put countless people at risk by leaking secure documents.

Seriously, you sling mud like this and then whine when people throw it right back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think any CTR people are here. The OP was asking about HERE.

I don't see a 'pathetic little tactic', I see someone attempting to create threads of interest and people are answering.

We have no idea who Trump has hired, similarly. He is hated throughout much of the world. I do not think any 'trump bots' are here, but just because he doesn;t have a pac that states that is what they do, does not mean he doesn't have people paid to do that.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Gemwolf

ATS doesn't discriminate against humans, bots, reptilians, grays, poltergeist, time-travelers, inter-dimensional beings, Nelson Mandela or anything or anyone in between.

I don't know why but I found that part hilarious. The first thing that came to mind were some reptilian supersoldiers sighing in relief from their laptops lol. ignore me, i haven't slept in a while so i'm a bit loopy

LOL. I spit my coffee.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

And what makes them Hillary or trump bots?

I know I am not a bot. I'm a burned Bernie supporter.

But besides that fact there is a terms of service for Ats. And since accusations of someone isn't that big of an offense it doesn't come with any form of disciplinary action on those who accuse.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

ATS does not allow members to be called shills or bots. Name-calling is discouraged....posts are removed.
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

The ONLY exception to that would be threads in the Mud Pit.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join