It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insterstellar Travel - Is it possible? Do ET's do it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This video addresses many of the issues involved.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The problem with most conceptions about interstellar travel is this notion of travelling through the intervening space, which takes too long and distorts time relative to your home world making you a lost orphan in time as you make your journey according to relativistic physics.

However, there must be an as yet undiscovered law of physics regarding the relationship between gravity, inertia and light, which would also produce a map of this "hyperspace" that can instantaneously navigate the entire landscape of space-time and matter.

Light and it's relationship to mass and energy, within the context of the zero point field, will take us there, and when the time comes it won't be hard as we might have thought, before the new discovery was made.

A working theory of Quantum Gravity and the Zero Point Field, along with a new way of sensing what's really there, not as it was, but as it is, would be required to chart the landscape. The trip would take place in an instant and thus, you don't need a "mother ship" but oh what a wonderful trip it would be. Time dilation would not be an issue in this type of framework. Space would be rendered transparent to the matter it contains, so you'd be able to really see where you're going with confidence, but you'd still need some shielding for local solar system cruising, but nothing major to deal with everything that might be in the way from there to here.

Zero Point Field Hyperspace, within a whole new context of the laws of physics that turns inertia into a field within which relativistic physics and the fabric of space-time no longer applies.

Plus it has all the perpetual energy that you would ever need.

It would be a total reframe I think to the way we look at the world as a here and there this and that type of thing.

When it happens, it will be like Einstein all over again, and it will be both utterly profound and simple. Propulsion won't be an issue.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I would like to think that it's possible. I mean, look at what we as a species have achieved in a relatively short span of time.

From horse-drawn carriages to cars to flying planes to craft that land on Mars and further.

I could imagine people never thought man could fly - and we did. Or break the speed of sound, and we did.

Interstellar travel (ie: how it's depicted in films) is yet but another barrier for us to breech. And we will. Sadly, probably not in my lifetime, but i genuinely do not see how we can't.

So from that perspective, if ETs exist, I would suspect they have achieved this as well.

Just to be a contrarian I'll say many times our intuition is wrong. It's faulty. It can't be trusted! Does that mean though you're wrong for using it? No. I can both agree with you and disagree. It doesn't have to be either/or.

I like you said it's probably not in your lifetime. Humility is desirable. I agree with you. Life passed so quickly. Everything always seems so big and important, but then you grow old and wiser. The only certainty is change, it seems. Generation to generation. Life springs up somewhere, sometime, and does its thing.
edit on 8/23/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Interesting documentary.

Here's a couple of tidbits you might be interested in...just in case you haven't seen them before.

"Navy veteran shares extraordinary UFO sighting aboard a U.S. Navy vessel."
www.youtube.com...

First reported military sighting of multiple Foo Fighters?

"A remarkable UFO Sighting from the USS Supply in 1904."

www...,educating humanity.com/2014/08/historic-ufo-sighting-uss-supply.html

I've even had a double sighting of a Foo Fighter myself, one night in November, 1976, approx. 40 miles west of Washington D.C. --- Once in it's high power bluish-white phase, and it's low power giant fiery-balled reddish-orange landing phase.

edit on 23-8-2016 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 23-8-2016 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 23-8-2016 by Erno86 because: ditto

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join