It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell Says Hillary Clinton's 'People Have Been Trying to Pin' Email Scandal on Him

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: burntheships

Seriously, it's getting comical at this point how depraved and delusional Secretary has become...she knows Colin Powell is alive, right?

Wait a few days, Hills and Bubba will blame Powell for being part
of a vast right wing conspiracy because ...you know he is a Republican.

Powell became somewhat disassociated from the GOP when Condi Rice and her massive brain took his job(though technically he resigned)...

Sidenote: if Condi would run for president I would quit my job and buy a megaphone going around town to town yelling at people to vote for her...

-Christosterone

I really liked Colin Powell, but I couldn't stand condi rice. Her giant brain was the problem. Here's my impression of condi talking to her husband about a trip to the grocery store:

Husband: remember when I told you we ran out of milk? Did you stop and grab milk on the way home?

Condi: of course I remember. We have such interesting conversations. Remember that conversation about dolf lundgren movies? It was great. We were at your brother's house, and he had that picture of that cat on the fridge. That's where I learned to make those orange juice smoothies.

She answered every single question like that, by not even remotely answering it, and she was so smart that she sidetracked every reporter, I never once saw anyone call her out. But if you cared about the question and really wanted to know the answer she was maddening to listen to.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

people.com SRSLY

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Well what do you know...

Hillary Clinton lied to the FBI.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: lortl

people.com SRSLY

They referenced the article..

Here is the New York times link -
Hillary Clinton Told F.B.I. Colin Powell Advised Her to Use Private Email

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Advised or not, it was stupid idea. I would be immediately fired if I used personal mail for company business.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It simply doesn't matter what excuses she comes up with, or who she tries to blame. She has worked in and around government long enough, and would have had the briefings (the rules and expectations) when she took office as SoS.
Therefore, she knew what the rules were and willingly chose to ignore them. The carelessness excuse peddled by FBI talking head is till an offence, apparently, so even that by law carries a custodial sentence.

It doesn't matter therefore what the excuse of the day is, she broke the law and should be dealt with accordingly.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
It simply doesn't matter what excuses she comes up with, or who she tries to blame. She has worked in and around government long enough, and would have had the briefings (the rules and expectations) when she took office as SoS.
Therefore, she knew what the rules were and willingly chose to ignore them. The carelessness excuse peddled by FBI talking head is till an offence, apparently, so even that by law carries a custodial sentence.

It doesn't matter therefore what the excuse of the day is, she broke the law and should be dealt with accordingly.

BritGuy: please move to America and become a citizen...
Our collective IQ is in the toilet and we could use some smart immigrants!!!

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Some feminist and civil rights activist Hillary is.

"The bad black man made me do it!" "I am just a helpless ignorant girl. He tricked me and took advantage of my innocence."

I am surprised Hillary stopped short of calling Powell a "super predator".

It was Powell who raped that lady not my Bill!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst

originally posted by: burntheships

Seriously, it's getting comical at this point how depraved and delusional Secretary has become...she knows Colin Powell is alive, right?

Wait a few days, Hills and Bubba will blame Powell for being part
of a vast right wing conspiracy because ...you know he is a Republican.

Powell became somewhat disassociated from the GOP when Condi Rice and her massive brain took his job(though technically he resigned)...

Sidenote: if Condi would run for president I would quit my job and buy a megaphone going around town to town yelling at people to vote for her...

-Christosterone

I really liked Colin Powell, but I couldn't stand condi rice. Her giant brain was the problem. Here's my impression of condi talking to her husband about a trip to the grocery store:

Husband: remember when I told you we ran out of milk? Did you stop and grab milk on the way home?

Condi: of course I remember. We have such interesting conversations. Remember that conversation about dolf lundgren movies? It was great. We were at your brother's house, and he had that picture of that cat on the fridge. That's where I learned to make those orange juice smoothies.

She answered every single question like that, by not even remotely answering it, and she was so smart that she sidetracked every reporter, I never once saw anyone call her out. But if you cared about the question and really wanted to know the answer she was maddening to listen to.

Condi Rice does not, nor will she have a husband in there conventional sense...but that's another discussion..

Rice has a higher inherent, innate IQ than any reporter or politician so it was of immense joy watching her "dance" intellectual circles around people of lesser intellect...

There was a time when America was a fully functional meritocracy...not a PC fantasy land where everyone won a trophy for participating...

Those reporters and congressmen were intellectually efete when her brains might was brought to bear...she did not need breaks, coughing fits or strokes to excuse her behavior.

She used her pointed words to evicersate all who would argue her policies...
Why did she do this? Because she believed in the policies she originated as both Nations Security Advisor and Secretary of State...
When you believe what you are saying and tell the truth there is no reason to fumble, stutter or misspeak....it helped she had a mind of unparalleled prowess in the halls of Washington...

I tend to be fascinated by people with gigantic, transcendental minds(phage comes to mind) and Rice was the quickest, most inherently adept "politician" I saw in my lifetime...

Sadly she has [valid] reasons for not speaking the highest office in the land though I wish she would change that position...

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Incorrect. Powell had always stated he would not run for any office. Know why ?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

dis·as·so·ci·ate
ˌdisəˈsōsēˌāt,ˌdisəˈsōSHēˌāt/
verb
1. ABSTRACT
disconnect or separate (used especially in abstract contexts).
"voices should not be disassociated from their social context"
synonyms: separate, detach, disconnect, sever, cut off, divorce; More
2. CHEMISTRY
(with reference to a molecule) to split into separate smaller atoms, ions, or molecules, especially reversibly.
"these compounds are disassociate by solar radiation to yield atoms of chlorine"

----------------------------------
Of course he would never run for office...neither would marshall or Rice(see my earlier post)..
I never asserted Powell wanted to seek elected office because it's not true...

And his disassociation from the Republican Party was fully realized when he voted for a democrat for president in the 2008 election...

Does that help?

-Christosterone
edit on 22-8-2016 by Christosterone because: iPad can't understand my West Texas accent and the errors in speech to text are awesomely bad!!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Ok so I'm not trying to defend Hillary here but do you really think Colin will openly admit that he told her this? Of course he will deny it...that would bring forth unwanted attention his way. Of course, he could be telling the truth as well but just wanted to throw that out there.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Ok so I'm not trying to defend Hillary here but do you really think Colin will openly admit that he told her this? Of course he will deny it...that would bring forth unwanted attention his way. Of course, he could be telling the truth as well but just wanted to throw that out there.

The conversation they had was 1 year after Hillary was using her server. So unless you believe she used time travel, can you explain that?

Powell never had a private server.
edit on 22-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Typical of her. Never take accountability. Always blame someone else or a 'short circuit'. As soon as Hillary deleted 33,000 emails she engaged in destruction of evidence and obstruction of justice, serious crimes that should have put her in prison no matter what Colin Powell had said or hadn’t said to her. She was probably in the delivery room after Chelsea was born saying "Oh no the kid isn't mine."

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
"I'm sorry guys. I short circuited again. It wasn't Colin who told me it was bigfoot, my bad"

No it was Colin Powell that told you Sadam Hussien had weapons of mass destruction and we had to invade right away.

And let's look a little deeper here...

Mr. Conason describes a conversation in the early months of Mrs. Clinton’s tenure at the State Department at a small dinner party hosted by Madeleine Albright, another former secretary of state, at her home in Washington. Henry Kissinger and Condoleezza Rice also attended.

“Toward the end of the evening, over dessert, Albright asked all of the former secretaries to offer one salient bit of counsel to the nation’s next top diplomat,” Mr. Conason writes. “Powell told her to use her own email, as he had done, except for classified communications, which he had sent and received via a State Department computer.”

Mr. Conason continued, “Saying that his use of personal email had been transformative for the department,” Mr. Powell “thus confirmed a decision she had made months earlier — to keep her personal account and use it for most messages.”

Hmmm...Ok well that is him saying it in a room full of highly credible witnesses...but what else is there?

Mr. Powell’s office released a statement on Thursday night
saying he had no recollection of the dinner conversation. He did write Mrs. Clinton an email memo, which may exist in the F.B.I. files, describing his use of his personal email account for unclassified messages “and how it vastly improved communications within the State Department,” the statement said.

www.nytimes.com...

this story is a LEAK...Yet AGAIN...of classified material...The Clinton FBI Notes...

And the CLINTON CAMPAIGN ITSELF is calling for the full release of the notes so that the GOP who are leaking classified material can't leak selected spun BS out of context..

Prove to me that Clinton in the FBI interview claimed that Colin Powell's advice was the CAUSE that proceeded her email use...

She mentioned Powell's advice and didn't claim it came before she set up the email...

No lie here ...Unclassify and release the full notes...Prosecute the GOP who are leaking for political purposes.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Delete
edit on 22-8-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

That would be when Cheney corrupted the CIA into making up #### about Iraq's imminent world-threatening WMD, and, in front of the U.N., burned Powell's reputation for honesty for which he worked for 40 years.
edit on 22-8-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
People often tell me that I look like Colin Powell, so I taking Hillary's aggression towards him personally! Hillary, if you're awake and listening... Lay off of my boy Colin!

I'm not into guys but you sound handsome

Seriously, Colin Powell is an American treasure whether democrat or republican, he is universally respected...

Powell and Schwartzkopf are our modern Marshall and MacArthur....well, nobody is MacArthur as he is a god...to me anyway

-Christosterone

he supported the Iraq war.

He should be in a cell next to Bush and cheny with Obama and Hillary in the cells opposite.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

"this story is a LEAK...Yet AGAIN...of classified material...The Clinton FBI Notes..."

Once again, information may not be classified unless it is determined to be a threat to the security of the US. That's it... read the EO. Very specific about what and why it may be classified.

It very clearly states that information may not be classified to cover up criminal activity.

It is a real stretch to call notes from a criminal investigation a threat to national security.....

edit on R582016-08-22T12:58:10-05:00k588Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: carewemust
People often tell me that I look like Colin Powell, so I taking Hillary's aggression towards him personally! Hillary, if you're awake and listening... Lay off of my boy Colin!

I'm not into guys but you sound handsome

Seriously, Colin Powell is an American treasure whether democrat or republican, he is universally respected...

Powell and Schwartzkopf are our modern Marshall and MacArthur....well, nobody is MacArthur as he is a god...to me anyway

-Christosterone

he supported the Iraq war.

He should be in a cell next to Bush and cheny with Obama and Hillary in the cells opposite.

Secretary Clinton supported the Iraq war...should she be in jail?
Secretary Kerry supported the Iraq war....should he be in jail?

Can't wait for the moral relativist hoola hoops I am about to see as you apply different standards to the conservatives versus your Infallible Queen...

Flail away dear sir and please answer my 2 questions...

-Christosterone

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join