It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Good Are Ufologists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I remember being so excited about UFO, Bigfoot, and cryptozoology. Then after hoax after hoax, it seems people will lie about anything. So sad when they claim to be champions of truth. Thank you for a bucket list of things to read up on.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Only the very naive would deny, out of the millions of galaxies, earth is the only island of life. Yet, no credible report of intelligence species. I would think if earth is regularly visited, or we have intelligent alien neighbors, we would have evidence of intelligent aliens in the form of alien media transmissions.

Note: Here on ATS, there are many schools of thought. Everything from they live among us, to they will not interact with us for the fact we eat flesh.

It's died off now, but it seemed ATS had multiple threads on the call for government disclosure in quick succession. (Which is odd. Isn't disclosure part of Hillary's campaign. Wonder if Hillary trolls were part of those threads.)

If alien visitation is part of the human experience throughout time, why would it seem unnatural to the point governments are compelled to keep it secret now?

Enough rambling. It is claimed aliens regularly visit earth. Have interacted with humankind from the birth of our species. Crash on earth. (I would assume throughout history. I do not understand why there is never an alien rescue. Or a galactic AAA?) But Ufologists have never present any evidence that convinces a majority of the world? Never overcomes reasonable doubt.

Why do we need government disclosure if we have credible Ufologists? Are ufologists a sham? Has astrobiology and exobiology supplanted Ufologists?

Ufologists does not instantly mean that you believe that ufos are Alien. Huge misconception there. There is evidence thst some ufos defy explanation, and deserves proper research, but no one can say for sure what some of these ufos are.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Where would the Shag Harbor case be without Chris Styles?

Just look at the work Hynek did in Night Siege, it would have been nice if he had done Levelland instead of getting caught up in Sputnik.

How many hours were spent by Randall and others on Roswell, if we had people like this able to check out other incidents, we might already have an answer.

If you watched any of the Hangar One series by MUFON, they are getting many reports, but how many are being properly investigated?

Top cases from MUFON

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

As 1 who has seen ufo, I think the whole process of sharing the experience and or attempting to capture and share imagery is enlightenment of as many possible.
Or to help many realize there is more to the reality they may be aware of, as many carry on day to day in a controlled setting. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What good indeed. I used to be a Field Investigator for MUFON, and I can say that without a doubt that for every honest science minded Ufologist, there are dozens (if not hundreds) of scam artist out there milking the results. Even within the MUFON organization I had to deal with people who regarded everything as alien rather than conduct an impartial investigation into what people saw. Some of these so-called "investigators" would show up pimping off two-bit books about UFOs and alien abductions at UFO symposiums.

I think a rebranding of UFOlogists, with a stronger push on scientific facts, would be very beneficial to the field.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

They don't show themselves because they would need to communicate something.
All they have to communicate is things that will make them seem bad and are bad respectfully.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
UFOlogists help bring the subject to the publics attention.
Since we are dealing with things that will change the worldview of common people, things need to happen slowly, to give people time to adapt.
The government has started too, with the Dec 16th releases with videos, Fravor and Elizondo.
More will come during this year.
I bet the next thing might be some special material analysis coming out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join