It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daft Punk Drawing with Time-lapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hello again artists of ATS.
I've just recently finished a project and thought I would share it with you all. the value in some areas may be a little light, but thats better then it being to dark and not being able to fix it. feedback is appreciated as always.

Ive done something a little different with this drawing. I've made a full time-lapse of me drawing it. i shot this on my iPhone 5s so the lighting is a little messy but other then that i think it turned out fine. If people like this then i might start to do it regularly.

If the video doesnt seem to be working, heres the Link

edit on 21-8-2016 by golden23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Your videos' not working, but the drawing is great! Add the link above the video and folks can follow it.
edit on 21-8-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: golden23

Thats cool, I like daft punk. I think it does help give an idea to those who may want to try drawing, unless you don't want to give away your secret techniques(too late I already copied them.)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: golden23
my advice, if you want it. take more time.
an A3 photo realistic pic will take between 40-60 hours.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

The goal wasnt photo-realism, i just wanted to practice my contour lines and proportions. i just recently got back into drawing a few months ago so i wont be that good yet.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wow! Wish I had half the talent that you do!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I read a story the other day of a famous dj, can't remember who, eats everything i believe, saw thomas bangalter (of daft punk) take a mixing cord out of the mixer and make a ground/weird sound touching the aux to the back of the mixer. Sounds ridiculous haha. Awesome drawing

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I saw Daft Punk VIP in 1999 at Hammerstein Ballroom, it was an amazing concert.

Since, New Order's Music Complete tour was the most awesome event ever.

A small stage, but the sound and video capture how it feels...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
the vids not working for me, but great drawing, is it copying the David Bowie pose in the Heroes cover?
Honest feedback: I feel it needs some more time, it feels a bit incomplete and maybe give it a bit more darkness in the shadows and more light (eraser) in the lighter areas.
I occasionally do pencil sketches, and my favourite part is learning the shading and lighting. I mostly stick with faces and human figures though, I haven't really tried drawing metallic and shiny surfaces.
Have you seen the new drawing competition on ATS? The first topic is dragons, you should give it a go!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Looks good, dont be afraid of darker values though cause they can really help create that contrast you are looking for especially when your over all subject you have to determine how dark is dark seeing as your subject is very very dark. I like it and keep it up.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Thank you for the feedback, this is the first time I tried doing a metallic surface, my other drawings in my signature are all of people. Just gotta keep practicing at it.

I saw that drawing contest on there, looks interesting. I'll put my next drawing on hold (The Joker )if I can find a good ref picture.

Thanks again and feel free to check out my other drawings. A while back I originally would always shade too dark and usually ruin my drawings because I'd have to erase so much so I guess I've kind of adapted to shading too light. I'll be sure to shade darker in my next one.

top topics

join