It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Nevada Man Castrates Himself After Reading About it On The Internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is from the website in question:

Before you do any of this, especially if you plan on a real castration, then realize and accept in advance that you may very much have to go to a doctor or the hospital if anything goes wrong. Plan for that, have a friend with a car ready just in case, and do not delay calling for help if you must. Please do NOT let fear of exposure of what you have done keep you from getting the emergency help you need. Most have had to go to the Emergency Room, keep that in mind, MOST, and most of them got over that and went on with life, embarrassments or phsychiatric evaluations usually do not last long if you are an intelligent and sane person. In most cases they do not like what you did, but many times such doctors have heard of or experienced worse or similar, and as long as you are not crazy you will be let out soon, most times the next day or few days later, to go on with your life. Don't let fear keep you from the help you need if things go wrong.

And if you think this story is strange try Tammy Felbaum on for size. She's a transexual convicted on murder charges for the death of her husband during a botched castration. Awesome.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wonder if this guy read the discaimer???
I mean this was one determined dude. This is not for the faint of heart by any stretch of the imagination. I like that the guys recomendation to use topical benzocaine for numbing. Yeah that will replace general anestesia

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
God I hope my wife doesnt get a look at that link. She has been threatening me with that for a while

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I goto say, castration is the best thing for people to do when they think they could do something by reading it on the internet.

In 1 shot it:

A: Shows to the rest of the world you should never do medical procedures or other things that normaly require training after just reading how to do it on the internet!!. If you do, then it also shows how dumb you are.

B: Being a castration procedure, it is insured that the stuppidity of this man doesn't get carried on in his offspring. Unfortunatly, at his age it might already be to late. Its advised that when you are dumb enough to do something like this after reading online how to do it, you better do it at a young age before having kids ...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This reminded me of a castration image posted in a journal I stumbled upon a couple days ago while monitoring image posts to this particular journal site.
I have no idea where this came from as the journal is in Russian, but it is by far the most disturbing image I have ever seen.

This guy didn't use pliers, and it would seem that he knew what he was doing because he improvised a tourniquet to control bleeding.

This is a link to the journal post, not the image. There is a link to the image in the post and I would guess from the responces (again, all in Russian) that this is just some image he found somewhere. It shows a step by step castration performed by the individual, and be warned, it is a VERY disturbing image and not for anyone with a weak stomach.

On second thought, I'm not posting the link.
If anyone wants to see the post that contains the link to this image, email
scottswan at ameritech dot net

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Nemithesis]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I liked the disclaimer which states you might very well need to go to a doctor if the castration goes wrong. You think? Talk about an understatement!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Natural Selection, hard at work.

link   
Don't you love social darwinism?

If people want to castrate themselves I hope we can pass them the knife.

Afterall it stops them breeding and increases the gene pool intelligence.

Maybe local goverment should introduce a toilet with an automatic castrator built in. Disguise it as a normal toilet and then get people to play russian roulette every time they go to the public loo....

link   
Well I don't think he will have to worry about his libido

A few years ago we had a situation where a man went into a field and used hedge clippers to do the same thing.

jm

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MostlyHarmless
Natural Selection, hard at work.

I doubt he'll get hard anytime soon :p

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You know? I would imagine that something like this would lower someones libido!

Jeez! I'd rather die!

What's wrong with people? What's wrong with libido?

All I can say is, thank God for mine!

[edit on 20/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lister
I liked the disclaimer which states you might very well need to go to a doctor if the castration goes wrong. You think? Talk about an understatement!

No the best part of the disclaimer is where he points out that he is not a doctor or castrator
Really now!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by lister

No the best part of the disclaimer is where he points out that he is not a doctor or castrator
Really now!

Not to mention he learned by "trial and error."

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
*squints and shudders*

Pliers....man....lol....

Although - I have to admit that I have seen some pictures in a few pathology books of guys using rubber bands to cut off the circulation down there.....so they basically go numb...then use an exacto blade or something to cut it off....

But friggin pliers?! Man....I hope they guy at least tried to use the wire-stripper section of the pliers......lol

[edit on 1/20/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
This is like the guy several years ago who was trying to satisfy his libido rather than quell it by laying his member against a vibrating metal lathe at work. The lathe caught him and ripped out one of his testicles. He was so embarassed that he told no-one. He patched up his scrotum with duct tape and continued going about his life and work as though nothing had happened. It was only after the infection, oozing, and swelling overwhelmed him that he went to an emergency room. I have the article somewhere. As appalling as it is, the article is written in a side splitting hilarious way. Good candidate for a Darwin award.

[edit on 1/21/2005 by dubiousone]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Headline should read: That guys nuts!

Apologies for the single line, double-entendre.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Devilish danglers Batman!!!
It almost hurts down there to laugh at this but
geeze!

Ive got a strong stomach for hearing and seeing really gross stuff,
BUT
next to being decapitated, i can think of several other apendages id rather give up....Ohh i would pass out from the pain before completing this proceedure.

Can you immagine if this guy had wittnessed the Nick Berg video what he might have tried?

The REAL lesson to be learned from this is

DONT BE AFFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP!!!

Western society has placed too much machismo in "not being weak".
It takes a true man (or honorable woman) to know when to ask for help.
A person should recognize their limits and compensate for them, not hide from them or push past them alone.

Dont worry about the stigma of having to ask for help if you think you need it...
The stigma of being the guy that took pliers to his (choose your own descriptive term for male genatalia), will be FAR FAR WORSE!

For those that will read about this and think "COOL IM GONNA DO THAT!"
Pliers???
Umm how about hedge shears?
a big paper cutter?
for gosh sakes if your gung ho...a new box cutter.
but
if your gonna use plyers, why not try a baseball bat
or climb a tree, tie a rope to a branch, and the other end to umm things, then jump.
Just dont use pliers.
whoah!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Just for the record...
A simpler procedure, that DOES NOT cause blood loss is the tried and true...
rubber band method... (yep, you can picture it already can't you?)
it is how they castrate bulls...

so lets all have a castration party... everyone have their rubber bands and bottles of vodka?

and ......GO!

(disclaimer... anyone who does actually use a rubber band to immasculate themselves accepts that they are an idiot, and therefore deserves to never breed)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join