It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Nevada Man Castrates Himself After Reading About it On The Internet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
After learning about the procedure on the Internet, a Reno, Nevada man castrated himself. However, he was rushed to the hospital when he could not control the bleeding. Officials at Washoe Medical Center would not comment on the man's condition. However, he did tell police he performed to procedure to reduce his libido.

news.yahoo.com
RENO, Nev. - A 50-year-old Reno man who was hospitalized after he castrated himself told police he learned of the procedure on the Internet and did so to lower his libido. The man, whose name was not released, called 911 at about 1:30 a.m. Monday and asked for help because he could not stop the bleeding from a self-castration operation, police said.

Reno police and medics responded to the man's home and he was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

Washoe Medical Center officials cited privacy issues on why they could not release any information on the man, including his condition. But police said hospital officials confirmed Wednesday the man successfully castrated himself.

"the man obviously needs some sort of counseling," Reno police Lt. Ron Donnelly told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

All I can say is ouch! What could he have possible used for anesthesia? Or a scalpel? Yikes. Washoe Medical Center is an interesting place. We fly our helicopter there once in a while to pick up kids. One night they refused to move their copter off the pad, so we landed in a park across the street. A homeless guy, drunk and enraged that we woke him up, came running out to us waving a bat and was almost killed by the tail rotor.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
HA HA!! Home sweet home!! According to the local news last night, you know what he used for a 'scalpel'? A pair of pliers!!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What? No seriously, what? Pliers? P L I E R S ?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

. Who would have thought that an incoulous tool like pliers could make every male here on ATS Clingh up

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Pliers. Don't ask me how. I wonder what website inspired him?...her?...it?...no, him?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The image, the idea, alone are painful. Ouch!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Pliers?????

Jesus

At least he wont breed

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Pliers?????
Jesus

At least he wont breed

Amuk, that the best responce I have heard all day

The quote from the Reno PD aint bad either:

"the man obviously needs some sort of counseling,"

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Another note: actually he didn't 'finish' it himself, the hospital had to finish it for him. That's why s/he was there. I just can't imagine he could get that far using pliers. I want to find the website that inspired him.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by poonchang
HA HA!! Home sweet home!! According to the local news last night, you know what he used for a 'scalpel'? A pair of pliers!!

Ya, I clinched up.

How would one even go about that?? Damn.

That must have been one hell of a libido if he wanted it lowered that bad.

Edit: I think I may have found the site he used, but it has full penal nudity and things being done to it no one wants to see. YIKES.

[edit on (1/20/0505 by PistolPete]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
[How would one even go about that?? Damn.

Pete, you are asking questions no one wants answered

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete

Originally posted by poonchang

Ya, I clinched up.

How would one even go about that?? Damn.

That must have been one hell of a libido if he wanted it lowered that bad.

Edit: I think I may have found the site he used, but it has full penal nudity and things being done to it no one wants to see. YIKES.

[edit on (1/20/0505 by PistolPete]

Hey, can you post a link? or is violate the board rules?

If you can't post a link can you U2U (or whatever) me the link?

I just have to know. I NEED to know. Why would s/he do this? what's the inspiration?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well he can consider it a success as I'm sure he achieved the desired result of lowering his libido!

Pliers? Damn that's one for -------------------------!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
this is the reno newspapers article..

reno newspaper

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
another nut case
He could have read about do-it-yourself lobotomy

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think we are overlooking the obvious here.

Pliers are dangerous.

I think we should register all of them and have a three day waiting period and background check before you are allowed to purchase them.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Please, noone post the link to the site that this guy used. Its a violation of the T&C cause of the nudity and we do not want to encourage anyone eh?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Pliers are dangerous.

I think we should register all of them and have a three day waiting period and background check before you are allowed to purchase them.

Bricks too. Only one brick can be purchased at any one time. The purchasing of two bricks is to be banned, since it is considered tantamount to assisting personal castration and will not be tolerated in a civilised society

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I think we are overlooking the obvious here.

Pliers are dangerous.

Hmmm you would need a questionaire:

1) Why do you want the pliers?
2) Do you intend to use them for anything other than thier intended purpose?
3) Are you inclined to self mutilation?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think it was probably a leatherman tool.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join