It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspired Plot To Have Jesus Murdered

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, a lot of people believe Romans were the first to crucify people, probably because of the crucifixion of Jesus. But they weren't the first to invent the method, the Persians were the first. The Romans however, were the people who perfected crucifixion. The Persians invented it, the Romans perfected it, and by that it's meant they figured out how to created the maximum mount of torture and prolonged the death as long as possible.

And focusing on His death isn't n insult to Him, He said that's the chief reason He came to Earth for.

"Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." - Matthew 20:28

And:

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." - Matthew 26:28

edit on 8 29 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

And focusing on His death isn't n insult to Him, He said that's the chief reason He came to Earth for.

Thats a load of crap. He came here to show us how to live.

The translation has become he died for our sins, so we're blameless as long as we... 'believe' it.

Do anything, jut beg forgiveness... because after, all we're forgiven.

edit on 29-8-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I said His chief reason for coming here was to die for our sins, I never said that was the only reason He came here. Yes, He also taught us all how to live.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Right. How he died is immaterial. And a different topic.

I'll try to remember to come back here and discuss the plot to kill him if you like...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Right. How he died is immaterial. And a different topic.

I'll try to remember to come back here and discuss the plot to kill him if you like...

It's immaterial in regards to it being effectual for the redemption of man, it was significant in regards to fulfilling a few OT prophecies. One of them in Pslams is remarkable, because it was written 1000 years before crucifixion was invented. And what do you want to discuss about the plot to murder Him? Matthew chapter 26?

edit on 8 29 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

All jesus murder teaches us is the world will kill you for telling the truth or conversely, exposing the lies.

How to behave towards other is the key lesson from his teachings.

The beatitudes for instance. His behavior around the authorities, the church of his day, his interaction with the criminal element, the impoverished and the dying.

How to just behave.

Further: The plot to kill him arose from the authorities in his time (or any time) trying to keep people confused, distracted and subservient to the state. Organized religion is one method of this control.

It teaches us to have our cake and eat it too. Its 'okay' to support the system and still be true to the spirit. To have lots of money and stuff and still be true to the spirit.

No wonder the death toll is so high.

Lots of killing for greed and power going on in the name of god.

Gotta go...
edit on 29-8-2016 by intrptr because: further

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You need to go back and read the gospels, they were angry and ostracized Him for condemning their rabbinical additions and traditions of their elders to the Tenakh that they esteemed to be preeminent (Mark ch 7), but they conspired to kill Jesus for the crime of blasphemey, that He was teaching that He was equal to God.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

You need to go back and read the gospels, they were angry and ostracized Him for condemning their rabbinical additions and traditions of their elders to the Tenakh that they esteemed to be preeminent (Mark ch 7), but they conspired to kill Jesus for the crime of blasphemy, that He was teaching that He was equal to God.

I already said parts of the Bible were conspired by the same kind of authoritarian structure that killed him in the first place.

okay back to done wth this. Too bad. If you didn't hold to so much old dogma you're the one could actually learn something new.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I got to the point I'm at today by learning something new, I've only been a Christian for 10-12 years.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I got to the point I'm at today by learning something new, I've only been a Christian for 10-12 years.

But did you perceive it in your heart or were you taught it by others or text?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

But did you perceive it in your heart or were you taught it by others or text?

By reading books, pondering what they had to say. I'm a huge reader, I'm always reading a few books at once.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

So you learned it of men. What do you make of the verses where Jesus praises Peter for learning it, "not of men but of his father in heaven?

Our the ones in Solomon where it states of writing books there is no end and knowledge is weariness to the soul?

Be still and know, the living word, the meat of the word, etc?

Do you think this extols us to learn it from within where it is claimed the kingdom of heaven is to be found or to learn from others outside our temple (the body)?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Jesus praised Peter for receiving the revelation that He was the Messiah, the Son of the living God. That's not at all an indictment of learning the faith from a mature believer, because Jesus said to make disciples of all men. You'll see in Ephesians chapter 4 that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is the office of prophet/teacher, that's a gift the person uses to edify the body of Christ.

And the Kingdom of God is within the believers, the kingdom of heaven is a different thing. Are you aware of the differences between the KoG and KoH?

edit on 8 30 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Jesus praised Peter for receiving the revelation that He was the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

He praised hm for receiving it through the spirit, not of men. Not what he knew but how he knew it.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

And the Kingdom of God is within the believers, the kingdom of heaven is a different thing.

No, its the thing. the 'kingdom of heaven' is salvation, the thing everyone is questing, how to get there.

Heaven, the spirit realm, in fact the entire heavens (universe) is not within believers, its after death, its everywhere. The church would have you believe the wisdom is within its interpretation, thats why they say that. You are to look to the church, not within.

Everyone has a temple, their own soul, the conduit to the spirit realm, thats why he said the 'temple' is within, not a building or manuscript. Why seek what others have added or deleted, the key is to figure out how these men who wrote this stuff down got the wisdom to do that.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

That's inaccurate, that's the precise reason I posted the video. The Kingdom of GOD is a spiritual thing, it resides inside the body of a born-again believer. The kingdom of heaven, or the kingdom FROM heaven is a physical kingdom that will be here on Earth with the Messiah seated on the throne of David.

Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven are two different things, and need to be very precise when dealing with the two so that a proper application and understanding of the texts can be accomplished.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Jesus praised Peter for receiving the revelation that He was the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

He praised hm for receiving it through the spirit, not of men. Not what he knew but how he knew it.

Correct, Peter received it by Revelation of the Holy Spirit, which wasn't given to man yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The Kingdom of GOD is a spiritual thing, it resides inside the body of a born-again believer

The soul, the real you is trapped in this husk. Heaven , the heavens, is all round you. You already reside there... don't you know that?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Correct, Peter received it by Revelation of the Holy Spirit, which wasn't given to man yet.

Ummm, everyone has a given soul, thats what were supposed to learn about, not the world. Sadly. most aren't even aware what we really are, let alone how to receive of the spirit. They are too 'busy'.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Ummm, everyone has a given soul, thats what were supposed to learn about, not the world. Sadly. most aren't even aware what we really are, let alone how to receive of the spirit. They are too 'busy'.

Receiving the Holy Spirit is a gift of Jesus Christ. It has nothing to do with the soul which everyone is born with. Believers receive the Holy Spirit at the second birth, or the spiritual birth. All the disciples were born with a soul, yet Jesus gave them the Holy Spirit to indwell them in John chapter 20.

edit on 8 30 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join