It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspired Plot To Have Jesus Murdered

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: intrptr

They didn't make grape juice or cider back then?

No. They didn't have refrigeration, so the way to keep the fruit of their vines was to ferment it in leather bottles.

Juice was drinkable right after pressing, just filter it, set it out over night and wallah, cold grape juice. The fermenting was an accident, way back when someone used an old sugar syrup bottle to store fruit juice in and it fermented.

Wallah...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yeah. The Egyptians had mead 2000 years before Christ. Booze was a known quantity. Just don't see how that applies to the topic.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Like I was off board, too. Sorry...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They didn't make grape juice or cider back then?

No. They didn't have refrigeration, so the way to keep the fruit of their vines was to ferment it in leather bottles.

Juice was drinkable right after pressing, just filter it, set it out over night and wallah, cold grape juice. The fermenting was an accident, way back when someone used an old sugar syrup bottle to store fruit juice in and it fermented.

Wallah...

Nobody plants an entire vineyard to drink grape juice for a couple days after picking the grapes. Fermenting the juice allows it to last till next year's harvest. They drank wine.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Jesus didn't die on a cross either.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Jesus didn't die on a cross either.

Why are there crosses all over the ossuary boxes of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus in their family tomb? They were present for His death, why did they make a big mistake?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

A cross is more expensive to fabricate than a simple pole or post. You don't need as many nails either, or ropes whatever and or cross pieces.

They would have cut costs on executions, just like any good bureaucracy. Not sure about the abundance of trees in the region either? Need them for arrows, chariots, construction, etc. considering how many people Romans excuted, that represents quite a savings.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

A cross is more expensive to fabricate than a simple pole or post. You don't need as many nails either, or ropes whatever and or cross pieces.

They would have cut costs on executions, just like any good bureaucracy. Not sure about the abundance of trees in the region either? Need them for arrows, chariots, construction, etc. considering how many people Romans excuted, that represents quite a savings.

The platibullim and stake are both reused many, many times, the Romans aren't out cutting new trees down for each crucifixion.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The platibullim and stake are both reused many, many times, the Romans aren't out cutting new trees down for each crucifixion.

We use our execution devices over and over, too.

The story does tell of Jesus and another guy carrying the 'cross' to the place of execution. I don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

We use our execution devices over and over, too.

The story does tell of Jesus and another guy carrying the 'cross' to the place of execution. I don't buy it.

You shouldn't buy it. The entire cross is too heavy, Jesus carried the crossbar. Or in Greek it's called the patibullim.

Here, watch this 3 min video:

edit on 8 28 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Cmon, video? Wheres the ancient texts or cave wall drawings that show the state executing its criminals? Oh, they hush that up.

Its not stated conclusively in the Bible either.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Cmon, video? Wheres the ancient texts or cave wall drawings that show the state executing its criminals? Oh, they hush that up.

It's part of a documentary on Roman crucifixion. It's literally 3 minutes and 14 seconds. Lol

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing

I cannot think of more hated persons of interest regarding Jesus demise (Judas was a hired hand only, played a necessary role).

He knew where Jesus was and what he looked like. Could point him out in the dark. Fingered Jesus. No wonder he hanged himself. What a lout.

He was a player in a stage play scripted to do a job; bring a major religion into being "POP!" (Christ Consciousness now exists)=or has the potential to grow, and did it EVER!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Twice is Nice Thrice is better!

edit on 28-8-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Martyrs tend to grow support.

Not sure what your second reply means.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

It's part of a documentary on Roman crucifixion. It's literally 3 minutes and 14 seconds. Lol

Made nowadays, by people, lol.

None of us were there.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

None of us were there.

Made by historians. People who earned their Ph.Ds on Roman Empire. This isn't an enigma, Roman historians wrote extensively on their execution methodology.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

None of us were there.

Made by historians. People who earned their Ph.Ds on Roman Empire. This isn't an enigma, Roman historians wrote extensively on their execution methodology.

Okay, round and round. When I ask for ancient texts you give me bible when I point out the bible isn't conclusive, you cite the Romans extensive archives...

example?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I don't think you're making any attempt to learn anything, perhaps you're just here to troll. Watch the portion of the documentary provided above, it's 3 minutes long so it's not like I'm asking you to waste a large portion of your day. Or don't, it's not important to me if you understand Roman execution methods. I'm not wasting any more time with this, it's a pointless argument if you don't want to be educated.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

First sentence in that video segment.

"Many believe that the Romans were the first to use crosses to execute prisoners."

Theres that belief thing again. The believers weren't there either.

Tried of the go round. The Romans were masters at torture and murder, limited only by their cruel imagination, I am sure. Like any good empire. This go round is pointless, your fixation on a cross to signify your religious persuasion is an insult to him anyway. I prefer to focus on his example how to behave towards others while he lived, not the method of his death. Thats death cultish, imo, like the cross signifies.

This whole discourse is off topic, anyway.

intrptr out

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join