It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspired Plot To Have Jesus Murdered

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

When did I say that Matthew was spurious or that I reject it?

I would appreciate it if you don't put words in my mouth.

As far as the Ebionites go they may have only used Matthew but their version of Matthew was the original Matthew without the virgin birth and not the Matthew we have today.

And I never said it was spurious or that I reject it. You actually just made that up out of the blue because I didn't even hint at it.
edit on 25-8-2016 by enterthestage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: enterthestage

I'm not even talking about what his Aramaic name means, that's not important because that's the name his parents gave him. I'm talking about what he did on Mt. Carmel in 1 Kings chapter 18 where he challenged the idolatry and false prophets and prophetesses of Ba'al and Ashteroth to prove that their gods were true and he proved that Yahweh was the one true God by calling down fire from heaven then slaying them all.

So was Jesus confused about Elijah or was He lying about him being a great prophet of God? Elijah turned the idolotrous people who worshipped Ba'all and Ashtetoth back to Yahweh

Yahweh IS Baal and it's not hard to uncover this ancient lie that Yahweh is the true God and Baal an idol because they are the same deity.

Asherah was Yahweh's consort too though, and until Josiah was worshipped in the Temple as was the Brazen Serpent.

So either Yahweh and Baal shared Asherah like a prostitute or fought over her and Baal won.

Or (obviously) Yahweh is the Hebrew name for Baal (which means lord or master) and the same exact deity.

You just have yet to learn this and it confuses because supposedly Baal is the enemy of Yahweh. It's because of your simple approach to the not simple Bible and blind faith in everything preachers tell you that you can't see that it is a scam.

Religion is a scam designed to control people and make money. Preachers and clergy have a financial interest in maintaining the illusion that this Yahweh is the only God and is not like the Baalim of the goyim.

But Canaan and Babylon are the sources of the beliefs of the Israelites and they didn't ever stop Baal worship, they changed Baal's name to Yahweh and kept on worshipping him just under a new name that they got from the Phoenicians Baal, IAO or IAHO.

Nothing about Judaism is original. It's all borrowed mythology and it wasn't Baal they forsook it was Babylonian idolatry.

Only it didn't take and Judaism and Christianity are both steeped in Baal worship and Babylonian idolatry.

Roman Catholicism has always been a veiled Babylonian idolatry and Judaism has always been in love with Chaldean and Babylonian wisdom. The Talmud is not called the Babylonian Talmud because they hated Babylon, it was a haven for Jews during the second diaspora and before even that. Some Jews never left Babylon and loved it. Ever since the Persian Empire, another nation that gave Israel its wisdom for them to incorporate into their own religion.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

That didn't even answer my question. Was Jesus confused about Elijah or was He lying about Elijah being a true prophet of God. Because in 1 Kings chapter 18, during the time of King Arab, Elijah turned the Israelites away from the idolatry of worshipping Ba'al and Asteroth by definitively proving on Mt. Carmel that Yahweh was the true God and Ba'al and Asteroth were false gods. Then he slayed all 850 false prophets.

Roman Catholicism has always been a veiled Babylonian idolatry and Judaism has always been in love with Chaldean and Babylonian wisdom. The Talmud is not called the Babylonian Talmud because they hated Babylon, it was a haven for Jews during the second diaspora and before even that.

I know, I reject Talumic Judaism, I haven't even mentioned it. That was the doctrine of the Pharisees, they esteemed the Talmud and tradition of their elders/rabbis.

edit on 8 25 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I answered that question about a page ago, you obviously didn't listen when I said read my comments before commenting on my perspective. Go back and read the answer I gave you already and stop pretending I didn't answer.

And I am finished conversing with you as I can not deal with people who believe everything fundamental Christianity tells them. It's absolutely disturbing to witness people who can't learn the truth about history because they are to busy buying into fantasies that have no truth to them as presented by Christianity.

If someday you learn to think for yourself and don't just recite the answers your preacher gave you, I would be happy to resume. But it's people like you who are why I don't go to church. You hate the truth because it isn't what you believe. Well it's still the truth and you have put words in my mouth, misrepresented what I say and ignored my comments responding as if I didn't clarify things that I did and it's annoying and I am finished. You aren't going to teach me anything and aren't interested in reality or other people's interpretation of the mythology that is the Bible. You are a follower and I am a free thinker who doesn't like blind faith followers pestering him with absurd questions.

God bless.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

No, you didn't answer my question at all which was in context of what Elijah did in 1 Kings chapter 18. You never mentioned that aspect of my question. Jesus was aware of the law and the prophets and what 1 Kings chapter 18 said about Elijah and Jesus affirmed him as a great prophet (teacher) of God.

In the above context, was Jesus confused or lying when he affirmed Elijah?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: enterthestage

I personally don't think that Yahweh is God or Jesus Father. He never says Yahweh is his Father and I believe that the whole revelation of Christ was that HIS Father (not the Jews father who he calls devil, liar and murderer) is God and that (to me) makes the most sense.

So do you think Jesus was confused or lying when He affirmed Elijah as a great prophet of God? (NuT, this is your question)

Neither, I think you are confused about what it means to be a great prophet of God. Just because Elijah is an OT prophet and his name means Yah is my God doesn't mean that Yah is Jesus Father.

It just means Elijah was a great prophet of God. He must have been as he was translated without dying and returned as John the Baptist who was Jesus cousin and no Orthodox Jew.

John's descendants the Mandaeans aren't either and they aren't Yahwists so maybe Elijah found the True God and is great because of it.

That was my answer. Stop pretending I didn't answer it.

I am not asking you to agree or like it, just stop saying that I didn't answer because I have proven I did. Why do you not read my comments yet pretend to?

You just say whatever you want to and pretend that you are paying attention but I know you are not and all you care about is fundamental Christianity, which I could care less about as it's garbage for the people who don't think for themselves.

This is why I don't want to talk to you because it's like talking to someone who has been MK Ultra'd except it's a religion so you think it is cool and true.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I responded to that statement earlier, I replied that I wasn't saying anything about what his name meant in Aramaic. The context of my question which you never addressed, had to do with what happened at Mt. Carmel in 1 Kings chapter 18, a chapter Jesus would have known well about, a chapter which shows that he turned the Israelites away from Ba'al and Asheroth worship to the true God, Yahweh.

You still have yet to address 1 Kings chapter 18. Or the fact that Jesus being fully aware of that, He affirms Elijah as a great prophet of God. Now, I never said you never typed the word Elijah, I said you never addressed the question I've asked you in the context that I asked it. I've brought this up a few times.

edit on 8 25 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: chr0naut

Just because you can produce prop pieces doesn't erase what I know. You would go to any measure to "prove" Nazareth was a place but it wasn't and I don't care who says otherwise no historically reliable evidence exists.

Except for the 1st century excavated caves (which could either be part of dwellings or be tombs, although no remains have been found in the caves) in Nazareth.

... and several 1st Century houses (purportedly, the archaeologist working the site, Stephen Pfann of the University of the Holy Land, suggested "Nazareth was tiny, with two or three clans living in 35 homes spread over 2.5 hectares".

... and an engraved slab of marble found in Caesarea, talking about the assignments of the 24 courses of the priesthood but directly mentioning a priest of the order of Elkalir who made his home in "Nasareth in Galilee".

... and numerous 1st century pottery fragments, found at many locations in Nazareth.

... and a mikvah ceremonial bath dated to the first century and probably indicating a synagogue.

... and several probable aqueducts leading to water storage tanks.

... and a column-drum type crushing stone roller (and the threshing floor where it was found).

... and an inscription by Caesar warning that those who disturb graves and tombs will be punished (found in Nazareth but now stored in the Louvre in Paris).

... and the remains of a lined basin used as a winepress and its collecting vat both dated from the first century (found in the grounds of Nazareth Hospital).

... and the terraced walls around the Hospital which pre-date the first century.

... and the bases of three watchtowers which surmount the terraced walls.

"Despite Nazareth's obscurity (which had led some critics to suggest that it was a relatively recent foundation), archeology indicates that the village has been occupied since the 7th century B.C., although it may have experienced a 'refounding' in the 2d century b.c. " ([MJ]A Marginal Jew--Rethinking the Historical Jesus, (vol 1), p.300-301)...cites Meyers and Strange, Archeology, the Rabbis, and Early Christianity, Abingdon:1981. pp.56-57

Might I suggest that "historically reliable evidence" now exists.
I just realized, the winepress found at Nazareth would indicate that the general populace of the town had NOT taken the Nazarite oath, where drinking alcahol is prohibited.

So the Nazarines were NOT Nazarites.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thanks for the verse above. My problem is how the people that wrote the bible 70 years later knew this. What i mean is people are treacherous all by themselves, especially when it comes to control and especially, Organized Religion. people become incensed when you challenge their belief systems.

The church of his day sought to kill Jesus, their minion was Judas. How or why he reasoned to do this isn't shown. I.e., what he was thinking.

Simply saying the devil made me do it is so in denial of the more complex nature of criminal acts, even today.

They didn't write the New Testament books & letters 70 years later.

Jesus died in 33 AD.

That would make the writing of the New Testament (which made no mention of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD) to be less than 37 years after Jesus died.

edit on 26/8/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Akragon

That theology is not associated with that "god" of whom you speak. It is not even associated with the Bible.

The triple nature of God(s) is Egyptian in origin and also Hindu.

Christianity borrowed it, mangled it beyond recognition and doesn't understand it. I don't subscribe to theology period, I believe what my instincts tell me is true.

And sometimes I just like to ponder the mysteries of scripture. I don't know any more than anyone about what God is. I just read and read and read and think, think, think.

I will find out what I don't know when I die. Until then I just enjoy the mysteries of life.

So, you are betting your eternity (or not) on nothing more than a hunch?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm not even talking about what his Aramaic name means, that's not important because that's the name his parents gave him. I'm talking about what he did on Mt. Carmel in 1 Kings chapter 18 where he challenged the idolatry and false prophets and prophetesses of Ba'al and Ashteroth to prove that their gods were true and he proved that Yahweh was the one true God by calling down fire from heaven then slaying them all.

So was Jesus confused about Elijah or was He lying about him being a great prophet of God? Elijah turned the idolotrous people who worshipped Ba'all and Ashtetoth back to Yahweh

Yahweh IS Baal and it's not hard to uncover this ancient lie that Yahweh is the true God and Baal an idol because they are the same deity.

If you are going to talk about deities from the Talmudic sources, you should know that in hundreds of places in those texts, YHWH and 'the Baals' were plainly described as different and opposing (there were several Baals, the one referred to in the Bible as Baal is the storm god, Baal Haddad).

Asherah was Yahweh's consort too though, and until Josiah was worshipped in the Temple as was the Brazen Serpent.

Asherah (Atirat, or Ashratum, or Ashratu, or Asherdu, or Ashertu, or Aserdu, or Asertu, in non Jewish mythologies) was Anu's or El's consort. As YHWH was supposed to be one of the 70 or 77 sons of El (according to what you said in one of your previous posts in another thread), he must have had been bonking his mother behind dad's back.

So either Yahweh and Baal shared Asherah like a prostitute or fought over her and Baal won.

Or (obviously) Yahweh is the Hebrew name for Baal (which means lord or master) and the same exact deity.

... or you are just totally wrong. That works too!

You just have yet to learn this and it confuses because supposedly Baal is the enemy of Yahweh. It's because of your simple approach to the not simple Bible and blind faith in everything preachers tell you that you can't see that it is a scam.

Religion is a scam designed to control people and make money. Preachers and clergy have a financial interest in maintaining the illusion that this Yahweh is the only God and is not like the Baalim of the goyim.

... and how much money do you personally make from it? I don't seem to get paid at all for my faith.

But Canaan and Babylon are the sources of the beliefs of the Israelites and they didn't ever stop Baal worship, they changed Baal's name to Yahweh and kept on worshipping him just under a new name that they got from the Phoenicians Baal, IAO or IAHO.

Nothing about Judaism is original. It's all borrowed mythology and it wasn't Baal they forsook it was Babylonian idolatry.

Only it didn't take and Judaism and Christianity are both steeped in Baal worship and Babylonian idolatry.

Roman Catholicism has always been a veiled Babylonian idolatry and Judaism has always been in love with Chaldean and Babylonian wisdom. The Talmud is not called the Babylonian Talmud because they hated Babylon, it was a haven for Jews during the second diaspora and before even that. Some Jews never left Babylon and loved it. Ever since the Persian Empire, another nation that gave Israel its wisdom for them to incorporate into their own religion.

No doubt, some of that is true. The Biblical accounts are full of idolaters and those who sold out their people for personal gain.

edit on 26/8/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

He won't address my question from 1 Kings. Seems pretty silly for Jezebel to have been rounding up all the prophets of YHWH to execute them except for Elijah if YHWH and Ba'al were the same deity. She worshipped Ba'al and Ashteroth. Lol

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Thanks for the verse above. My problem is how the people that wrote the bible 70 years later knew this. What i mean is people are treacherous all by themselves, especially when it comes to control and especially, Organized Religion. people become incensed when you challenge their belief systems.

The church of his day sought to kill Jesus, their minion was Judas. How or why he reasoned to do this isn't shown. I.e., what he was thinking.

Simply saying the devil made me do it is so in denial of the more complex nature of criminal acts, even today.

They didn't write the New Testament books & letters 70 years later.

Jesus died in 33 AD.

That would make the writing of the New Testament (which made no mention of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD) to be less than 37 years after Jesus died.

Exactly, not to mention Peter and Paul were both executed by Nero in 65-67 AD.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Padawan enterthestage Googlemiser

But it's people like you who are why I don't go to church.

Padawan, this is incorrect and your lying. How honest of you to show your integrity.

You said before in a previous Padawan incarnation that the reason you stopped going to church is because you got into a fight with the preist and got kicked out.

Thats right Padawan, you said you were kicked out and banned to return. It was that bad the preist got the police to stand guard during church time incase you returned.

That right the Police!! Your words Padawan, when you were bragging about it back in December 2015.

Master Coomba98...
(Your Force Induced Master Master)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I wasn't there, but I did hear the bible was written in England by King James, too.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I wasn't there, but I did hear the bible was written in England by King James, too.

Nah, it was supposed to be written by Frank Bacon (sometimes also called 'that shill, Wakespeer'), but we all know that Bacon would have left greasy fingerprints on the paper. Grease repels water (and also ink) and would have stuffed up their ballpoint pen, so we know it really wasn't written by Bacon.

edit on 27/8/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Chuckle,

form your earlier reply...

Imagine a news story written 37 years after the fact. How lost in the retelling is that?

Now add two millennia.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I just realized, the winepress found at Nazareth would indicate that the general populace of the town had NOT taken the Nazarite oath, where drinking alcohol is prohibited.

They didn't make grape juice or cider back then?

I'm almost positive the alcohol consumed was the same as today, in proportion to the many juices also manufactured. Of course, what proportion is different depending whether you are talking to alcoholics or non alcoholics.

I bet they had bars and brothels to. Because that kind of activity is best kept indoors.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They didn't make grape juice or cider back then?

No. They didn't have refrigeration, so the way to keep the fruit of their vines was to ferment it in leather bottles.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Decent read and from merely a human view well said. I liked it. If you look at the Bible as a whole though it has a HUGE story. Jesus' being of Abrahamic lineage to pay for the stain of Adam. Then it gets a little off the boards.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join