It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you sum up Bush's 1st term as President?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

To me Bush's most memorable moment to me was continuing to read "My Pet Goat" to schoolchildren for a full seven minutes after being informed that a second plane had crashed into the World Trade Center

The dominoe effect then continued from there.

Bush is actually more like Benny Hinn. Both of them are self-deluded to an extent where they place a filter as to the way they see life.

Fact about Benny Hinn being self-deluded

More info on Benny Hinn

On the other hand I like Bush's vision to take civilization into the space age. Kerry had no such vision during his campaign to presidency.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
OMG, how the hell did he win a second term? Lets see, an econmy equal to the GREAT DEPRESSION! Took the LARGEST surplus, EVER, and created the LARGEST deficit, EVER! Went to war in afganistan, that was good. Invaded Iraq by selling lies and Bu#. That was bad.

Fired everyone who wasn't his bitch, or forced them to resign if the person could have fought back.(why Powell "resigned" instead of being axed)

Anyways, thats how I saw it.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
To sum up bush's first term you need only a few words.

-Destructive
-Regressive
-Amusing (dont misunderestimate this one people)
-Scary
-A disgrace to the USA (its more than one word... so sue me!)

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I would have to say it was excellent.
He cut taxes across the board, began the work of reforming and reshaing the middles east, ousted the talban and saddam hussein, was IMO a major factor in influencing Mommar quadaffi to rejoin the global community,and all in all was a major factor in US foreign policy regrowng its balls.
big
for term one and even higher hopes for term two.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think the whole objective of the first term was to develope an atmosphere of fear that would assure a second term.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
WOW, 24 hrs later and no reply. I guess I was right about this then.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Personally, I think his choking on a pretzel in his first term sums up his entire time as President. He has been choking for a looooooong time now. When is he going to just quit breathing?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think the whole objective of the first term was to develope an atmosphere of fear that would assure a second term.

Yes I agree this sums up his first term perfectly. Does not suprise me that no one tried to attack your precise observation.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I agree with you 100% I guess we don't see many "supporters" bringing in the great deeds of our beloved president because they can't not find any.

His first term, a disaster and now we are going to cash in on the results.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Cash in? How? we are broke? No jobs, no money, largest deficit, ever, after Clinton left the largest surplus, ever. We have an economy equal to the great depression.

How he got re-elected, IDK, wait, I do know. Money, power, influence, stuffed ballot boxes, "glitches"(sarcasm noted), and of course corruption.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Cons: Bush has raised the bar for American tolerance of incompetence, corruption and self-serving lies in the position of so-called leader and Commander In Chief. The "first term" is assured as going down as the worst performance to date in US history.

Pros: People who actually care will work on structures and policies in a Constitutional way that ensures this will never happen again.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think Bush's 1st term was awesome.

We were attacked on September 11th, because of Clinton inaction. We have not been attacked since!

Clinton and September 11th caused a recession, that we quickly recovered from, thanks to Bush's tax cuts!

Hollywood has become illrelevent! Oh, thanks again Mike Moore, could not have done it without you!

We forced the UN to enforce their resolutions!

We exposed how corrupt the UN really is, along with France, Russia and Germany by exposing the Oil for Food Scandal!

We liberated 50 million people in Afghanistan and Iraq!

We proved that you cannot win the Presidency without a plan. "I can do better" just doesn't cut it!

Personnally, for the 1st time since Reagan, I have a President I am proud of!

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I think Bush's 1st term was awesome.

We were attacked on September 11th, because of Clinton inaction. We have not been attacked since!

Thats rich. Care to provide something to back up that claim? Oh, you cant? That is because its a lie.

Clinton and September 11th caused a recession, that we quickly recovered from, thanks to Bush's tax cuts!

This is false as well. Clinton left us with the LARGEST FEDERAL SURPLUS IN DECADES! And Bush raped it to the LARGEST DEFICET IN DECADES. The economy was sliding because of public trust being lost in corperations because of Enron. Read the real history of the United States, not the neocon hisory.

Hollywood has become illrelevent! Oh, thanks again Mike Moore, could not have done it without you!

Yep, MM and Ann C. are 2 peas in a pod. You have yours as well.

We exposed how corrupt the UN really is, along with France, Russia and Germany by exposing the Oil for Food Scandal!

We?
Well, I guess that is why there is such a push for CLINTON to get Koffi Annons job in order to bring some respect back to the UN............

We liberated 50 million people in Afghanistan and Iraq!

Niether country is safe and corruption is still running just as rampant there as it was before we got there.

We proved that you cannot win the Presidency without a plan. "I can do better" just doesn't cut it!

Yep, thats why the plan included cheating.

Personnally, for the 1st time since Reagan, I have a President I am proud of!

If you say so

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

This is false as well. Clinton left us with the LARGEST FEDERAL SURPLUS IN DECADES! And Bush raped it to the LARGEST DEFICET IN DECADES. The economy was sliding because of public trust being lost in corperations because of Enron. Read the real history of the United States, not the neocon hisory.

You think Bush was Enrons fault? Once again I blame Clinton and his do-nothing presidency. It just happened to come out under Bush and he cleaned it up.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Wait, 9/11 happened several MONTHS after Bush stole the office. How is it Clintons fault? I like that, everything that has happened under Bush is Clintons fault, everything that happened under Clinton was Clintons fault, when will your god take responsibility?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

You think Bush was Enrons fault? Once again I blame Clinton and his do-nothing presidency. It just happened to come out under Bush and he cleaned it up.

Did you mean Enron was Bush's fault?
I never said that. In fact, neither Clinton OR Bush were responsible for Enron. I guess the president is supposed to hold the hands of every CEO in the nation? You Blaming Clinton will get you nowhere for two reasons: the first, Clinton had nothing to do with it;and two, The economy did not fully collaps until 9-11. On Bush's watch. Not Clintons.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Ok Kidfinger the Idea that clinton left us with a surplus and bush spent it is false. There was a projected surplus at the level of taxation in place. that surplus dissapeared when Bush cut taxes. In other words the surplus wasn't spent it wasn't taken out of our pockets in the first place

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Ok Kidfinger the Idea that clinton left us with a surplus and bush spent it is false. There was a projected surplus at the level of taxation in place. that surplus dissapeared when Bush cut taxes. In other words the surplus wasn't spent it wasn't taken out of our pockets in the first place

All the data I have seen shows otherwise. Care to post a link? Untill then....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
uhh kidfinger. The "projected budget surplus" was based on both the level of expenditure and taxation revenus remaining the same. By Cutting taxes he cut the tax revenue. Lower revenue while spending stays the same is what ate up the "surplus" It was projected because the money was never in the governments hands, it was in ours, the government just planned to take it.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I agree with you 100% I guess we don't see many "supporters" bringing in the great deeds of our beloved president because they can't not find any.

His first term, a disaster and now we are going to cash in on the results.

Oh-my-GOD! Do I even have to say it? Marg, marg, marg, this exact thing in a very similar thread has come up(Speaking literaly) 11 or 12 times. Threads were popping up ALL OVER saying "Can anyone list good things about Bush?". The few Bush supporters on this site couldn't reach every single one, and when they didn't it was "Oh, I guess they can't find anything good to say about Bush because their not engaging in our childing argument!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join