It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Racism on ATS and Elsewhere

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I endeavor here to introduce humanity at large to a new chink in its armor of self-righteous that is a severe retardant to its thoughts of supremacy among other things. That character fault is the wild-spread and unrecognized UFO racism evident across the full spectrum of our civilization and prominently found on ATS every time a positive UFO thread appears.

UFO racism—more properly anti-UFO racism or even ET racism—falls under the guidelines of Political Correctness, if being about as extreme of a definition of that position as possible. Nonetheless, it fits.

Everybody understands the concept of racism: Racism, a disregard, dislike, hatred and even a solid fear of another being unlike one’s self. A self-justified, virtually automatic judgment about a somewhat different being. Those motivations are the same when applied to those other than human, UFO folk and ETs in general. With this special group also, the automatic reaction is a need, to feel superior to another being by whatever means of non-thinking, twisted logic, poor reasoning and excuses that come to mind. Thus, the early jokes of “little green men” swarming around landed flying saucers brought smiles to human faces and not dreaded fears of an alien invasion. The smiles were not genuine, a display of love for those new visitors but to cover the unsettled fear behind those events. As the presence of the UFO have persisted and allowed further thinking about why they are here, more negative view and outright denials of their existence have grown along with the benign concepts. One added aspect is evidence on ATS of poor thinking skills in threads that never go outside of the human “box” that sits on the shoulders.

While the term “UFO” usually represents a material object, a craft, the literal driving force behind such a vehicle is a creature of some substance with a plan in mind. In many human minds, unsympathetic attitudes toward the UFOs (object and driver) are directly correlated with personal sympathies and alliances resulting in UFO racism.

When Carl Sagan famously said (paraphrased), “While ETs may exist out there somewhere, they can’t get here from there.” He was being a UFO racist by demeaning (across the Universe!) any capabilities that any other creature could attain based toward deep space. That position is as anthropocentric as you can get, based as much on scientific superstition as any final fact of physics. –But such was the times in which Sagan held that view (if it truly was his view other than as a comforter). Still, to bulwark his position he had tons of scientific backing. He was in good company, safe and sly company.

A stark UFO racist is someone that denies the existence of UFOs at every turn as frequently done on ATS, whether it is some flash of light in the sky, an excellent (but phony) CGI video, a sighting from a decent citizen or reported from a fighter jet. In every case denial in one form or another is the tactic of offense. The UFO racist’s mind is closed to acceptance of the possible and out pops some manner of denial fitted to the situation. So while one example may be bogus, all UFO accounts and the phenomena itself is totally disallowed as beneath contempt.

The average person in the street or on ATS need not, should not, be blamed for being this brand of a racist by a natural inclination. Such a position has been taught.. Certainly, the finger must point at the control points in today’s brand of civilization. These are the media, government and, surprisingly, basic science itself. The citizen is blameless. The citizen only knows what it is told. The various social institutions all share a heavy hand in forming the public mind about what is and what is not. So, the average citizen sees an unmistakable UFO and not a single one of those areas mentioned gives any support. And little comfort comes from fellow members of the public. Authority figures up and down the list of all agencies speak out to silence legitimate speculations. They are believed. The have the proper initials after their names. Their supposed expertise is a heavier influence on the attitudes, beliefs and opinions of the general public than the words of another mere fellow human that had a sighting last night. Each one of those controlling areas of our modern world has a reason for reacting has it does. None of them operate alone but all are interrelated sometimes to a degree. Whether purposeful, benign ignorance or motivated by less than pure factors, the honest, simple truth of the whole matter remains hidden from full view when it need not be so.

On ATS, the UFO racist will not want to be called by that terminology. They prefer the term skeptic as it conveniently allows an escape route, a high-minded intellectual exist. Never mind literally tons of supporting data for the existence of ETs at our world after half a century, the easy way out is to not accept anything and, thus, a pristine slate can be kept: humans 1, ETs zero. Absolutely no evidence found. For the UFO racist, explain away one dubious report and you have explained them all.

However, the UFO racist is a dying breed. While the core of that position was once a center point around which humanity rallied with anthropocentric philosophies, religions, faulty science and world views, the old ways are fading fast, ushered in by none other than the pesky UFOs themselves, our own efforts to emulate them, tons of scientific discoveries and mere understandings that the Universe is not quite or simple as our wise men once taught. For decades now about half of earth’s inhabitants have believed that UFOs are evidence of alien ships. No scientific determinations involved or needed. Not one. Merely common minds at work with common experiences. Yet science plods along, just starting to consider that ETs may be out there somewhere, but UFOs in our midst? Oh, those things are just remnants of that old joke.

To be clear, any person that comes to ATS to deny that ETs exist, whether on stars elsewhere or via a visiting UFO is out of step with what they should believe according to the principles of Political Correctness (which is becoming the law of the land). If not, such a person is a racist of the first order. While some individual threads and post on ATS regarding UFOs and ETs may be bogus, the larger question already has an answer and must be recognized for its worth and from a position that gives credit to the entire decades of UFO activity that is known to the public and cast a suspicious eye toward those agencies that have their own decades of secrets. If that makes such agencies and fields of science UFO racists, so be it. I didn’t make the rule, I merely defined it.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I live beside a UFO racist, an old know it all military guy that served 2 years ,has no cable, no net and only reads the local paper. How could he know anything about the subject except for first hand knowledge. Hundreds of documentaries, thousands of videos on the net, yes most are fakes, but how could he know anything about it. Thing is, he gets pissed when the subject comes up and calls it fantasy or sci fi. Not to get off subject but it amazed me that even with antenna tv and local sunday paper he still knows the media is biased against Trump.
edit on 21-8-2016 by beeyotch because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
you should probably look up "racism" in a dictionary,

heres a tip, UFO's are not a "race"....

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well,
Just because there are still people that sniff about aliens, visitors or otherwise, the simple reasoning is that such things like flying saucers exist predates them by a long margin, perhaps even modern man, never mind that human attempts to emulate them have been made, and probably will continue to be made.

the following excerpt from an Egyptian papyrus -- part of the annals of Thutmose III, who reigned around 1504-1450 B.C.:

"In the year 22 of the 3rd month of winter, sixth hour of the day... the scribes of the House of Life found it was a circle of fire that was coming in the sky... It had no head, the breath of its mouth had a foul odor. Its body one rod long and one rod wide. It had no voice. Their hearts became confused through it; then they laid themselves on their bellies... they went to the Pharaoh... to report it. His Majesty ordered...
[an examination of] all which is written in the papyrus rolls of the House of life. His majesty was meditating upon what happened. Now after some days had passed, these things became more numerous in the skies than ever. They shone more in the sky than the brightness of the sun, and extended to the limits of four supports of the heavens... Powerful was the position of the fire circles. The army of the Pharaoh looked on with him in their midst. It was after supper. Thereupon, these fire circles ascended higher in the sky towards the south... The Pharaoh caused incense to be brought to make peace on the hearth... and what happened was ordered by the Pharaoh to be written in the annals of the House of life... so that it be remembered for ever."

I can't even think what those things were, nothing seems to fit other than a jet or a rocket, but then there was no noise either, and they kept coming!
edit on 21-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

UFO racist here, I think what Sagan meant is that, according to the Drake equation, extraterrestrial life is certain to exist but, almost as certain to not coincide with us spatially or temporally.

Consider that even a civilization with FTL or E/R bridges would need to scout so ability does not necessarily translate to effectiveness.

I tend to agree with him on this but, I thoroughly enjoy the speculation and, as you imply, we don't know everything.

edit on 21-8-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Stretching a bit here aren't we.

You need an actual race of aliens to exist before you could hate or fear them.

When would a ufo classify as a race?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

UFO means "unidentified flying object." No-one denies that things are seen in the sky that cannot readily be identified. Using the term "racist" to describe someone who does not automatically assume that anything seen in the sky that cannot be readily identified must be an extraterrestrial spacecraft is both inflammatory and wildly inaccurate. Some people may be biased against the so-called "Extraterrestrial Hypothesis," but that has nothing to do with race or racism.

On the other hand, Ufology has a colorful history of actual racism. Do you think it is a coincidence that the most advanced aliens are called the "Nordics?"

ufopress.wordpress.com...

I assume you are familiar with the Nazi Vrilgesellschaft as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The term racism may be a bit of a misnomer applied to this subject but I see your point.

The worst to me are these religious clowns who as usual want to brand anything they don’t understand demonic.

Their ignorance is what is demonic.

Whatever these ET’s are there is no proof that they have attacked human beings in any way or caused any threats that would call for a judgment that they are “demonic” or evil.

Indeed it all may boil down to the Atomic threat humans have imposed on themselves as one reason for the modern ET phenomenon.

Although I don’t hold that they are saints like a Steven Greer philosophy, they certainly by the evident experience aren’t so far any threat to humanity

Maybe they are a mirror.

If that’s the case then we are in trouble because then we’ll have to face ourselves, a species that slaughters its own children, a frightening prospect much worst than the worst kind of ET threat

edit on 21-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's also based on a selfish racist assumption...that humans are the most highly evolved creatures on Earth, therefore there can't be other more highly evolved creatures; so they would not have the wherewithal to get to our planet --- Since alien starships don't have the evolutionary prowess or technology to get here; because we don't have the ability --- as of yet --- to achieve interstellar travel.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
It's also based on a selfish racist assumption...that humans are the most highly evolved creatures on Earth, therefore there can't be other more highly evolved creatures; so they would not have the wherewithal to get to our planet --- Since alien starships don't have the evolutionary prowess or technology to get here; because we don't have the ability --- as of yet --- to achieve interstellar travel.

No. Just no. It is based on the assumption that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. There are almost certainly more advanced species in the universe. It is the UFO "believers" who keep invoking race.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Do we really need to come up with more insults while discussing this issue?

The idea of alien visitation is absurd!

Racist! Racist! UFO racist! If you weren't such a racist you'd know we're being visited!

Really? That's the conversation you want? Do you think using that terminology makes your side look any more intelligent? Does that make your evidence look more convincing? I don't think one needs to be irrational to be skeptical. I know there are some irrational skeptics, but do you really need to give them ammunition by making a fool of yourself?

And sorry, PC is driven by politics. As long as public figures think it makes them look silly to acknowledge UFO phenomenon, belief in, and reports of UFOs will be politically incorrect. You ask a politician about UFOs, they'll brush it off as a joke. If you think it's not, you're being politically incorrect.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

This is basically a hate speech aimed at sceptics and a silly one at that. ...and besides some of my best friends are aliens...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So disbelieving in UFOs and not being afraid to say so is somehow offensive, but labeling people who have that view as racist isn't?

I think you need to get over yourself.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Racism Ha!

I think the underlying problem is that your mind is made up & you cannot understand why other people's beliefs are not the same as yours.

For instance you associate UFOs as being piiloted by creatures with a plan in mind.

While the term “UFO” usually represents a material object, a craft, the literal driving force behind such a vehicle is a creature of some substance with a plan in mind. In many human minds, unsympathetic attitudes toward the UFOs (object and driver) are directly correlated with personal sympathies and alliances resulting in UFO racism.

UFOs are Unidentified Flying Objects. They could be a natural phenomenon like earthlights. There is no evidence that proves they are piloted by creatures that are not from this earth. Although that remains a possibility it has never been proven to be the case.

A stark UFO racist is someone that denies the existence of UFOs at every turn as frequently done on ATS

Who denies the existence of UFOs. What do you think Projects Sign, Grudge and Bluebook were a study of?

To be clear, any person that comes to ATS to deny that ETs exist, whether on stars elsewhere or via a visiting UFO is out of step with what they should believe according to the principles of Political Correctness (which is becoming the law of the land). If not, such a person is a racist of the first order.

Who has ever denied that ETs exist? The position of most people and scientists is that somewhere out there (even as close as our neighbouring planets) there is life, Even in your own post you conceded that Carl Sagan considers it possible

While ETs may exist out there somewhere, they can’t get here from there

His point was not to deny their existence but to postulate that the laws of the universe rule out interstellar travel by intelligent beings capable of space travel across the vast distances of space.

I would say that you need to apply a bit more grey matter to what you are saying.

All UFOs are not alien spacecraft .But you believe they are. People who ask where is the proof annoy you/ Because you can't actually show it.

Or can you?

edit on 21/8/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

So many of the replies are so silly as to not require a response from me as they wrote not about the whole picture, but of their politics and feelings. Actually, my use of the term "silly" is the wrong word. I should have said "unthinking." But nevermind...as did most of you already in the true sense of the word.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Odd choice of words, but interesting
I often notice how people dismiss UFOs based on the assumption that ETs would have to travel a long time to get here.

We are just human beings. The universe is vastly complex. We only know so little in this dimension. In this universe.

People guess the possibilities of ET existance and visitation based on our current technology and understanding of science.

I understand that humanity is extremely smart, but I don't think we can imagine the possibilites of civilizations who are 1000+ years ahead of us. Their tech may seem like magic, even when compared to the fancy tech of today.

If extremely advanced ETs are out there, i would imagine that it was possible for them to scout planets for life. Then find that life through some sort of extreme travel.

Why not? Maybe it's not possible, maybe it is. However, I agree with OP in some aspects. People are too close minded at times.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If think the racist wording is a poor choice, at this point. After contact, we will know about our society.

I have always thought too much human thinking and direction is used in the subject. Our small knowledge of the universe and probable lack of knowledge of other life mean we are basically making guesses. To apply human process to the whole situation is probably very short sighted.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: mirageman

So many of the replies are so silly as to not require a response from me as they wrote not about the whole picture, but of their politics and feelings. Actually, my use of the term "silly" is the wrong word. I should have said "unthinking." But nevermind...as did most of you already in the true sense of the word.

Just ignore mirageman, he's a Nazi.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join