It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks for the Olympics Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
2016, Rio, thanks for a fantastic Games ........... You have done your country proud

Congrats of course ( i am biased ) to Team GB

Without further ado, your national anthem. Thanks

edit on 8.22.2016 by Kandinsky because: Updated the YT video because the original one was a dead link

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I wonder how much long term economic impact this will have. Take a look at Athens.
They spend so much money and have no use for the structures afterwards.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I wonder how much long term economic impact this will have. Take a look at Athens.
They spend so much money and have no use for the structures afterwards.

Don't matter, i'm in the minute (as in life) not the future. Depending on what happens in November in North America will probably shape the world, i am guessing NOT for the better .......... meaning i have 3 months to live, as do you unless you have a bunker

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Off topic...😉

All in all i was happy to watch😊
edit on 21-8-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Bluntone22

Here's the cost for greece..

Cost to Setup: $11.5 billion
Net Loss: Debt is unknown, but it is speculated that the number is quite high and has contributed to the historic debt Greece now faces.

And as for Rio, Cost to Setup: $12 billion, estimated
Net Profit/Loss: Only time will tell...

All in all i was happy to watch😊

Off topic, i never mentioned cost, however, its a good point. The citizens of Rio probably would have been better off if the money was spent on them, it didn't and wasn't ...... still a great show from this country. I think i have fell in love with the coastline thanks to the BBC

Cheers Rio, cant wait to see the closing ceremony

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Right, a quick google of old Olympic villages and the areas built for it all shows how they go to waste after. I get why places want the Olympics but I can't help but feel like it loses money in the long run.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is one of the nicest ideas for a thread I've seen in a while. Very thoughtful.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Starts at 8 pm my time. Got the popcorn ready.👍

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So sad... This has set the country back 30 years...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yep another great Olympics it was great watching in cool comfort but it would have been nice to view from one of the many empty seats also.. They should have been filled if it was possible with some colorful locals.. Another country on the go to list if I only had the money.. Viva Brazil.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
yeah thanks, now clean up that sh**hole !

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

London 4 years earlier, will share the Rio one once available

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Great thread! Very thankful for all who worked hard in order for the games to be a success. Had a great time watching.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Sorry but the games should never have gone to Brazil in the first place.

I fear the legacy will be a village that is never used and even more social unrest once the "Olympic military/Police" stand down after the competitors and fans head home.

Brazil has massive problems and RIO is in the middle of that. I wonder what the actual crime rate was like during the games and how much resentment the local population feel?..

I would have been far happier and I am certain the fans and competitors would have been had the Olympic Racket I mean games been held in Chicago..

Anyway at the end of the day its about the $$$$$$$ the sport is a very distant 2nd place well outside of the WR..

RA

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I hope the actual residents get to enjoy the spoils... yeah right..

HBO™ has a documentary on their Real Sports show w/Bryant Gumbel

www.hbo.com...

And the trailer...

www.youtube.com...

Stay Hydrated

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Is actually bad, all the countries that bribe themselves into the Olympics as that is call, end up with billions of dollars in debt.

Brazil economic status was great when they won the bid 8 years ago, but in the last few years they have been in a downward decline.

Hosting Olympics has become one of the most expensive extravaganza that many countries can not afford.

In Rio is more close home as in one side you have the very affluent while in the background stands the slumps, most with no water and electricity and not way to afford to buy a ticket for the amenities.

The political instability is going to get worst when the citizens realized that all that fanfare didn't get them anything but hardship and more economic distress.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

IOC, thanks for hijacking the video, ridiculous!!

New one posted in ..........

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Well i've thoroughly enjoyed the Games also. Ignore all the naysayers in this thread - the cost of the games, etc, has absolutely nothing to do with the competitors and the fantastic sport we have witnessed.

Some great moments from many differering athletes of many nations. And we finished 2nd!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
That opening ceremony was quite amazing!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Rio closing Montage as promised

new topics

top topics

join