It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mandela effect shut up!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And I would tend to agree with you...although I have no basis for comparison regarding the location of Ecuador, as I've never really had a reason to look at it before. Some things truly are indeed precisely faulty understanding coupled with inaccurate memory, no argument there.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Very well said!

This is one of those times I wish members could give applause.

I just wish people would stop flagging starring and responding to these threads altogether. Every flag, every star, and every reply encourages more nonsense.

Even the people who come in to mock the theory are only encouraging more participation..

TL;DR

don't feed the trolls...

~meathead

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

I don't happen to believe your opinion. The topic is not going away. You

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The topic isn't going to go away because many people have experienced some of these effects.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

The topic isn't going to go away because many people have experienced some of these effects.

That is true. And some act like it is a 'new internet fad'. The term was coined in 2005, but was discussed as a phenomenon before it had a name.

I am confused by the anger this topic causes. There are certainly stranger things discussed on here. There are other topics that do a lot more 'flooding' than the ME. But people that post about ME are "special snowflake attention seekers", ya ok. That was really not a nice thing that was said.

I have an idea that some of the anti-ME crowd have experienced a few of them and it makes them feel uncomfortable or confused and they want discussion of it to go away.
edit on 21-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'm sick of the ME folks being called a special snowflake, told we just want attention, have faulty memories are retarded etc. Do people really think we want negative attention or to be seen as strange? I haven't experienced all of the Mandela Effects, but some I have.

I have no idea what to make of it, I make no special claims, only that something strange has happened. There are many that I am unsure about, but there are some that I remember clearly and they have changed.

More people would post about their experiences but with so much negative feedback and name calling, they refuse to and who can blame them? I give kudos to those at least trying to keep an open mind and are looking further into the subject.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Woah.. I remember huminoidlord posting at least two differnt threads about how the mandela effect is real. Is he trolling now?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'll give you all some reasons why man of us shake our heads at the ME folks and walk away.

1) Something happened to where I remember something different. It must be that I have traveled somehow from another universe/reality/timeline. It can not be anything else. It MUST be what I said, and only what I said. The rest of you out there have closed minds.

See the paradox there? I HAVE to be right, and anyone that disagrees with me is closed minded.

2) My memory is PERFECT! There is NO way that I am not remembering something correctly!

The human brain is one of the WORST data collection machines in the universe. Information that is stored in our brains is not stored like it is on a computer hard drive, digital memory chip, DVD/CD, etc. And even those things can end up with corrupted files or damaged media.

The human brain can suffer from:

Dementia
Alzheimer's
Amnesia

There are a multitude of things that can cause brain damage, ranging from physical, to chemical, to simply aging and lifestyle.

Any of these can affect people and their memories.

3) The data on one drive is corrupted, so we pull the back up....only for ME folks: The back up is ALWAYS bad! ALWAYS!

4) But too many people are remembering these things like this! So that must mean ME is real!

No....it's simply a few things going on. Thing number 1: There are around 7 BILLION people on this planet. That is a 7 followed by 9 zeros. To give even a better idea of how many people that is, let's pretend each person is a yard stick. If you had 7 billion yard sticks and glued each end together, it would reach almost 4 MILLION MILES....that would be going to the Moon and back 16 times. So, it's a big number.

Now, say a few hundred to a few thousand remember Australia being in a different place, or that a children's book author's name was spelled differently......compared to what the rest of us remember.....it's not that big of a difference.

Put another way: the other day I could not find my car keys. They were not in the place I remember leaving them. How many other people out there have done this? A very, very large number of people. Did all of us travel from some alternate universe where are car keys are located in the place that we remember?

Or did we simply not remember correctly as our brains are horrible at accurately recording data, and at doing data recall most of the time?

Do this test on your friends and family. See how many of them you can trip up, it's pretty good to watch:

Ask them a series of questions, quickly, with the answer being very obvious, using the same answer over and over. Many use colors. Try to make it at least 10 questions...then make sure the last question asked has a completely different answer (like using blue for all your answers, but on the last one ask what color an orange is). You'll be amazed at how many people screw up that last answer.

Last: there are a lot of amazing things discussed here on ATS. Many of them have a way, way, way out there flavor to them also.
The difference is: many of them (not all, but many) have some basis of science in them, some evidence or proof that can be discussed. Sometimes the UFO picture is a bird. Sometimes the UFO picture is a plane. Sometimes the UFO picture is......a UFO! No one is able to figure it out!

So most of the discussions here on ATS of other (shall we call it X-File stuff? que theme) is much easier to discuss because it does not consist of:

This happened to me, I have no proof because it's all in my head, and there is nothing you can do or say that will prove me wrong.

A lot of people on here hate convos like that.

Only thing I can recommend, is what I said in my first post: If ME threads bother you that much, or frustrate you that much, then just don't participate in them. Plenty of other topics that can be read and discussed on here. Leave the ME stuff to the ME folks. You'll get less headaches that way (and there will be less posts I have to remove if someone has a meltdown).

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/21/2016 by eriktheawful because: Because I could not remember how to spell dementia and alzheimers.....or at least it's different in this universe....

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

no the mods removed the other one so i had to make another thread

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

thanks fot the awesome write up
the problem with the mandela folks is that they flood the interesting skunkworks forum

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Well said gentleLady!

The thing is there are many subjects on this website and on the internet, how can any subject become a problem for someone who has no interest and doesn't read them? For those who have interest and do read them they are glad someone else is there to share with when something extraordinary has happened to them.

People GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to read the threads ON SKUNKWORKS no less and then COMPLAIN that they HAD to read them!
Sorry for the yell

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Even one thing like knowing Sally Fields was Sally Fields and now her name has changed! That was enough to make me look deeper!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

One day there will be technology which will allow us to high five Mendela effect people... in the face.

I feel your pain.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think a majority of ME is about individuals trying to justify their addiction to pop culture. I have spent most of my free time in front of the TV and it gave me the ability to detect ME.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The ME is really putting an embarrassing dent into real science.
Truth is that there are enough studies that may explain beautifully why it is very possible to change timelines. We probably do it every nano second, with every decision we make.

So the principle of the ME shouldn't be laughed at or you'll miss out on some exciting new science.

Then come the masses, those that don't understand the science and have only heard from their peers or the internet about this science in a 'meme like' fashion. It turns: Science says that timelines can change [truth] >>to>> Wow, I can change timelines for my own gain/ remembering something differently meas I have changed timelines [BS]

The above only happens when there is no knowledge about a subject. Then it spreads like wildfire to others with even less knowledge and it gets worse and worse.

What got me interested at first were quantum suicides [misnomer]. Where people were in an inescapable accident and then found themselves just fine a second later. I wouldn't dismiss these accounts like I do the ME memory lapses.
In QS I even find it logic that sometimes their memory might carry through [after all they actually 'died']. There are enough accounts and the situations can't really be explained, not with seizures or blackouts nor with false memory. Often there are witnesses or it happens to two or more people.

In the ME every one of those that 'jumps' seems to strangely retain their memory and are aware they jumped. That is my biggest problem. With no actual trauma, the changes would be gradual and you shouldn't even be aware.

Again, the above does actually happen, we wish for something [the right way] and then it comes true [I did say 'the right way']. Everyone can do this. Noel Edmonds [TV presenter UK] asks the Universe for help, some pray, others do witchcraft, some meditate to their inner self and millions of other ways to achieve the same effect. < This seems to be some kind of basic natural law at work.

We will find out sooner rather than later how the quantum world is involved.

And then the ME people come in and destroy all these really interesting findings [some which could even give us an answer about life and death] and believe that if they used two glasses or looked into the mirror, suddenly maps changed or someone is still alive thy thought was dead. Ignoring that their first source of information might have been wrong instead of the rest of the world.

Maybe it happens, maybe sometimes we are aware that something has changed and maybe it isn't just our memory [I myself had a very strange experience like that, so minor but so blatant], but interesting cases will just get buried under the whole lot of Berenwhocaressteins and misremembering maps BS.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

meh not only its a fake phenomena it also clogging skunkworks

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Got nothing to say, but just had to enter and star+flag this thread!

link   

link   

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lassiecat

yeah

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join