It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mandela effect shut up!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
the earth is not round but it isn't flat either.

If it were flat then we would really be in a Mandela Effect Zone.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TerryDon79
I'm waiting to shift to a timeline where there is not "Mandeka Effect". Just people going around their lives, admitting they were wrong, learning something new and carrying on like normal.

You're so funny. I think that timeline is called 'Fantasy Land'. I bet you want everyone to not argue about politics or religion too while Single Malt Scotch flows from everyone's kitchen faucet.

And you still have to go to the bar to get a Scotch & Water...

To stay on topic:
I recently saw a vid that used a model car at one of the JFK museums as evidence of the Mandela Effect. It only had the front seat and a rear with models of JFK & Jackie, no jumpseats. The claim was that many people remember just such a car as being the one the assassination took place in.

I remind anyone that buys into that that very little of the film of that day got widespread play on TV for years, especially the Z-film. Since I'm on record as saying that the details of each paranormal experience I've had are indelibly burned into my memory, I have the feeling that anyone remembering a different presidential limo only paid passing attention to detail to start out with.

That's just my opinion, everyone has the right to their own...
"You know what they say about opinions, every *ssh*l* seems to have one." - CornShucker

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In case the box around this text isn't clear: This is completely MY OPINION ONLY.

Mandela Effect threads that are posted in Skunk Works or Grey Area are perfect for those that want to post them.

Here's why:

Both the Skunk Works and Grey Area forums do not require any proof or evidence.

Grey Area is for those with some sort of personal experience, but have no proof or evidence of anything. Skunk Works is for High Speculation of anything, with no evidence or proof required.

People that post ME threads do not have any proof. Just extremely wild claims. ME is suppose to be all in their heads only.

This is a perfect subject for those who want attention, want to feel special, want to be treated special, with very little effort, and no proof on their part.

It's also a trap. Any who do not believe in ME, can not argue. Or you can, but it will be to no avail. You see: no proof is required in those forums, AND.....ME is something that is faith based. They can make any claim they want, and there is absolutely NO WAY anyone can technically prove them wrong.

Of course that's a two way street: there is absolutely NO WAY for they to prove they are right.

You will notice that the most successful ME threads are not those with the best story or idea. The most successful (and by successful, I mean having many pages, lots of stars and flags), are the ones that the skeptics come in and argue until they are blue in the face.

Every thread ends up the same way:

"It happened."
"No it didn't"

"It happened."
"No it didn't"

"It happened."
"No it didn't"

Yah...real quality threads (rolling my eyes here).

Now I have to stress this: The following is absolutely MY OPINION and is not a reflection of ATS or ATS Staff.

Hate ME threads? Fine.

STOP FEEDING THEM!

Don't post in them. Don't even read them. Don't even bother to click on the thread.

ME people want attention. Even if that attention is people posting against it and arguing with them.

If you stop feeding them with posts in their threads, all they will get is the "Yes I believe!" posts....and after a while, that will be all.

This will be boring to them...not to mention others coming in to their thread with their own stories. You can only pat each others backs for so long.

So it's that simple: If ME threads bother you that much, just don't read them, and certainly do not post in them. After a while they (the ME people) will figure it out. You're done playing their game. Don't worry, they'll find something else to troll the boards with.

In the mean time, I have to read them, to make sure people behave. What I do is treat them as someone's short story.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I think you raised a few very valid points.

I will, from now on, try my hardest (I've got willpower, damnit! Stop laughing!) to not post in any faulty mem.....Mandela Effect threads.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
the earth is not round but it isn't flat either.

If it were flat then we would really be in a Mandela Effect Zone.

It's a oblate spheroid (egg shaped but close enough to round that it looks it from space).

If I woke up and it was flat, I wouldn't post something on ATS about it. Id find the tallest building and, well, it's against T&Cs to say what I would do next.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Not everyone who has experienced a so-called Mandela effect believes that it is due to an alternate reality or some timeline shift. I certainly don't.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Here the thing I had a moment.

I had to look up Equador and it was in a diffrent place to what I thought.

Why?

Cause I likley got it wrong in my head and muddled it up with were I thought Panama was.

The country never changed spots. I was just wrong.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

In my timeline I'm actually busy having Leonardo Dicaprio paint me like one of his French girls.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
In my timeline I'm actually busy having Leonardo Dicaprio paint me like one of his French girls.

If it is to scale did he use a sail as the canvas?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Uh, he's actually painting on me. I think he's using a roller.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Uh, he's actually painting on me. I think he's using a roller.

In that case I will buy some Benjamin Moore stock tomorrow since that should deplete the entire East Coast reserve of latex paint.

edit on 21-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Get some stock in IHOP, I think we're going out for pancakes later.

In my timeline, we eat a lot of pancakes.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

In my timeline, we eat a lot of pancakes.

You eat a lot of pancakes in every timeline.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

There was one timeline that didn't have pancakes.

They called it the Martha Stewart Effect there.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

They called it the Martha Stewart Effect there.

Hopefully she went to prison there too for that.

edit on 21-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

yeah its that

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

that is indeed one way to defeat those threads

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

President Stewart in jail?

That's crazy talk.

(and it's a good thing)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If you remove the water and the atmosphere it looks like a irregular lump of play dough with a few extra bumps to it.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

This is along the lines of how I feel about the dreams and predictions threads. I had this dream about the Mandela effect, or it least I think I did. I'm not sure, my memory isn't exactly on par, and that eventually, I'd see a post about it on ATS in the Rant section. Maybe I'm some sort of prophet the universe or some divine entity specifically chose to tell me of some important message no one else knows and that I'm compelled to tell the masses and be expected to be taken seriously. That said, is there a place I can go to buy some crimson and scarlet robes and a funny hat? I think without the proper attire I might just be misunderstood.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join