It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The argument for Trump, part 2

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I think it's too late.

Of course I don't want a vile person like Hillary as president, but I think it's too late.

Too many want a dictatorship-style government. Too many see an up-side to a Clinton dictatorship. Too many don't want freedom or rights or liberties.

We see it here, defending censorship and the removal of rights.

I think we've reached a threshold where a communist-style dictatorship is encouraged and supported by so many supporters of Hillary.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

If you want to break the paradigm, vote for Gary Johnson.

Break the paradigm by what? Expediting the decline? I've seen basically every LP platform going back to when Koch was their VP candidate (yeah no cronyism there) and I like to say that when you add it all up, the campaign slogan should be "Make America Third World."

Gut labor laws. Gut environmental laws. Get our third world on.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I still don't think Trump is serious about his run for the potus.

He has now flipfloped on his illegal alien deportation stance and pissedoff a lot of his right wing support.

What's next, "no wall" the center piece of his anti immigration stance.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We need to start somewhere. Certainly isn't with her, she'll begin first admendment curtailment asap. I'm not saying Trump saying that press should liable is a good thing, but he says many things without thought. When he really considers them his opinions are much more sensible.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Break the paradigm by what? Expediting the decline? I've seen basically every LP platform going back to when Koch was their VP candidate (yeah no cronyism there) and I like to say that when you add it all up, the campaign slogan should be "Make America Third World."

Gut labor laws. Gut environmental laws. Get our third world on.

Trump is only a step. Contrary to what many here would believe given my thoughts on global warming, me saying it's a money-grab, I'm a deep ecologist. Look the term up. I'm willing to vote Trump to break the system. The most important thing now is breaking the system.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The ONLY way to break this 2 party system is for people to get involved, period. Most people aren't interested in politics until the Presidential elections.

There WILL BE NO 3rd party President until we have the House & Senate filled with 3rd party politicians. Why is it so hard for people to realize this? Even Obama has had trouble getting things done within his own party. Imagine a Libertarian or Independent POTUS with a dominant Republican or Democrat congress. How much do you think will get done? Will it just be 4 years of useless back and forth bickering, then the POTUS starts making Executive Orders? Sound familiar?

There are NO 3rd party candidates that have ANY chance at being elected POTUS this time around. Even if by some miracle it happened, what do you think they would accomplish in a heavily Republican & Democrat dominated Government? 4 more years of wasted time and $1.6M in salary down the drain.

Every time you re-elect a Republican or Democrat Representative or Senator you are prolonging the 2 party problem.

At this point, in this election period, any votes outside of the 2 nominees is a waste. If the 3rd party candidates are so wonderful and so many people love them, why were none of them selected during the primaries? Because no one voted for them! Where's the grassroots efforts to put them over the top? Non existent.

Why do you think Ron Paul didn't run as a 3rd party candidate? He knew a 3rd party run would fail in the long term.

Trump has my vote because he is the only one who isn't following the standard BS narrative we've been hearing for decades. He rubs the establishment the wrong way and politicians fear him. Maybe 4 years of shaking up the establishment and upsetting the status-quo is just what this country needs. Our ONLY other choice is a couple of LIFETIME politicians who have been enriching themselves off taxpayer money for over 30 years!

Easy choice!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Trump or Hillary, we're screwed regardless.

Congress, a biased supreme court, the 50% f the country that wants more government control and fewer freedoms. . . .

Might as well laugh while we till can!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Change is one thing, but if it comes at the cost of electing a racist bigot that makes grandesque outlandish claims like Trump does don't be surprised when that change is for the worst.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Contrary to what many here would believe given my thoughts on global warming, me saying it's a money-grab, I'm a deep ecologist.

you must be the most ill informed ecologist on the planet to believe all the money is behind science, while the likes of texaco and bp, et al fund the deniers.

I'm willing to vote Trump to break the system.

a vote for the republicans will really break the two party system up.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Racist Bigot? LOL, talk about outlandish claims!

Yeah, I'll bet he only employs privileged white men right?

Too funny.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OrganizedChaos

My bad, your right Trumps the perfect gentleman and in no way synonymous with racists or bigots. I mean that big wall he wishes to construct at the expense of poor Mexico and the Muslims he wishes to ban from entering in to the USA are all top notch humanitarian notions.

LoL

edit on 21-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Mexico is a multi-racial country and Islam is a multi-racial religion. It's rather racist to conflate the two as races, sorry to say.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If Trump can spout the gibberish as he does about both and conflate the two on stage, under interview and in debate i cant see the harm in me pointing out the facts of the matter.

And im not racist, if you think mentioning Trumps idiotic nonsensical ideologies is racist, that's you own bag im afraid.

Just a thought, the USA is also a multi-racial country, but that does not seem to retard Trump from spouting hate filled hyperbole about Mexicans and Muslims.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

He doesn't conflate the two. One is a country, the other is a religion. I'm not sure how you're connecting the term Mexican or Islam to race. It seems like you, and not Trump, are making that connection. Why is that?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Im aware of what they are. And the mere mention of both in the same sentence is not racist.

The context of my statement is perfectly clear as you are very well aware im sure.

Trump is an arse of the first order as is plain to see for anyone that cares to look.

The Man talks tripe and contradicts himself on so many levels it would be hilarious if it was not so tragic.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You said he was a racist bigot for speaking about Muslims and Mexicans (illegal ones, to be more clear). Yet you're aware they are not races. That seems a little deceitful, but not only that, that is a charge that can get people hurt or ostracized. If they aren't races, then he isn't racist for the reasons you say, and you'll have to come up with some better ones.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

There is no reason to be racist, period!

Especially so when you are being considered for the position of POTUS.

But ile play, pray tell then LesMisanthrope for what reasons is Donald Trump racist?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

There is no reason to be racist, period!

Especially so when you are being considered for the position of POTUS.

But ile play, pray tell then LesMisanthrope for what reasons is Donald Trump racist?

He isn't racist. That's what I'm telling you.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You don't think some of the outlandish remarks the Man has come away with, the wall he wants to build around the southern borders, or him wishing to ban people of the Muslim persuasion from entering in to the US could be considered to be racist?

Yet i mention a religion and a nation that the Man has obvious problems regarding and you consider me to be racist when the context of my argument is plain and to the contrary.

I think it's you that needs to do better on this occasion.

The mind boggles really.

edit on 21-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: OrganizedChaos

My bad, your right Trumps the perfect gentleman and in no way synonymous with racists or bigots. I mean that big wall he wishes to construct at the expense of poor Mexico and the Muslims he wishes to ban from entering in to the USA are all top notch humanitarian notions.

LoL

Thanks for admitting I'm right!

I never said he was the perfect gentleman.

Tell me what is racist about a Mexican wall . . .
You do realize that we have more than just Mexicans coming through the southern border right? Have you been blind to the amount of crime caused by the porous southern border, or sanctuary cities, or lack of deportation? You need to quit dreaming of rainbows and unicorns and pay attention to what is going on in this country.

Tel me what is racist about banning an ideology that wants to harm Americans . . .

Is it bigoted to want Americans to have a better life?
Note I said AMERICANS.

What parts of 'Make AMERICA Great Again' is bigoted or racist?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join