It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The argument for Trump, part 2

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
We've now started to see just a small portion of the treason Hillary has committed. Still she is polling at or above Trump in many polls. We've come to a crossroads now. We can accept that politicians will benefit from their "public" service with millions of dollars or we can reject the idea that politicians must be corrupt to be successful.

Trump is not the solution to the problem. No more than Bernie Sanders and his three homes, the last of which I believe was a $600,000 lakefront home, is the answer. Their purpose is to smash open the system. Their purpose is to expose the lies. Their purpose is a way out of this morally bankrupt system.

Ideologues will disagree with me. We have no more time for ideologues. Hillary Clinton will continue the politicians getting rich while the people become poor. Clinton has been a part of the corrupt system, which includes the republican party complicit in those affairs and amassing their own wealth, that allows politicians to become wealthy while in office. Those who say Trump will use his position to make money have no evidence. We have evidence that Hillary Clinton did. Her foundation took foreign money while she was Secretary of State. It allows them to control vast amounts of our money, all for a favor or two. What does it cost, to us, for a foreign entity to dump money into the Clinton Foundation or any other fund?

It costs our freedom. It costs silence. Silent to the corruption.

Trump is not the solution. He may be a terrible president. Trump is a gateway to something else. Trump is not the system. Trump is disruption. Trump is something we've not seen in politics in decades. Trump is our chance to thumb the establishment in the eye. Trump is our chance to start the process that will eventually lead to a coup d'état. Trump is the first stone in the yellow brick road.

One of the richest men in the world may be the one who sets us on the path to dismantle all the corrupt system and bring down the oligarchy. He will not accomplish this, nor do I believe he wants to, but he will lay a foundation upon which we can build. Brick by brick we can elect the people we need.

We need to break the paradigm. Trump being elected will start that. This has nothing to do with party lines. This is making change. Drop the red state blue state mentality, we're not rivals, we're victims. It's time for them to pay.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
We need to break the paradigm.

If you want to break the paradigm, vote for Gary Johnson.

Voting for Trump is voting Republican, and that is prolonging the paradigm.

Voting for Trump as a protest vote is like peeing your hotel bed in protest at bad service, then realising you have to sleep in a wet bed.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
voting for trump continues and strengthens the control of the rich over us plebeians. voting for hillary hastens the oligarchy.
neither choice is viable. voting for the lesser evil is still voting for evil. vote your conscience. a vote for either of the above mentioned, is proof of either lack of a conscience, or severe cognitive dissonance.
edit on 21-8-2016 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Yea and voting for Hillary is like drinking the cool aid cause ma and pa drank it.

Seriously though.....Libertarians will be the true end of this country if they ever "rise" to power......which be not deceived is what they want.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I like your last paragraph a lot, OP.

You know - unity, and all of that liberal hippy non-sense Jazz.

Perhaps you should try getting that message to Trump, he seems to be severely lacking in that department.

If you think for a minute that a billionaire conman cares about ordinary and average Americans and is in it to help the American people you are much more gullible than myself.

Trump will lead to a coup? More "anti-establishment," lies by Trump supporters?

Do you guys even bother actually reading into what Trump details?

Trump loves bankers

Trump loves war

Trump thinks freedom of speech and its supporters are "foolish"

He supported the war in Iraq. And I could go on and on and on and on. Keep on telling yourself he represents the common American.

And before anyone else does, I'll do it for you:

"But! But! But! But - Hillary! But Hillary! Hillary! Hillary! Hillllllllaaaaarrryyyyyy!

Trump supporters are about as deluded as Hillary supporters in my opinion.

The man is not anything close to "anti-establishment."

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

Its not that simple. Trump is certainly less "Full of ideological bull" and is probably much more practical and helpful due to his lack of self interest in politics. Hillary has done handsomely at the troff and is troff minded. Not Trump.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Trump is disruption.

And that's why I will vote for him. It's not that he's so much better than Hillary, it's because he's Not a career politician. He stirs the pot and brings up subjects that all the others either won't touch or just give the "correct" answer to.
We DO need to crack down on immigration.
We DO need to more carefully vet those we let in.
We DO need to put America first and get jobs back.
How can we keep giving billions away when our own country is falling apart at the seams?

Hillary is just a vote for the status quo.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
On the contrary, Trump is the best thing to happen to America. He is transparent and sincere, traits which are never found among politicians. This makes him accountable, not only to what he does but even to what he says. Everyone is used to a politician who hides behind a facade of public relations, that he is basically a heretic to this political orthodoxy. The orthodoxy needs to end.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

Gary Johnson had picked former Massachusetts Governor William Weld to be his Vice President. Weld is a big time gun control proponent

Nope. I don't need another gun grabber putting more and more restrictions on my right to defend myself and my family. The Democrats are doing just fine on their own.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
We need to break the paradigm.

If you want to break the paradigm, vote for Gary Johnson.

Voting for Trump is voting Republican, and that is prolonging the paradigm.

Voting for Trump as a protest vote is like peeing your hotel bed in protest at bad service, then realising you have to sleep in a wet bed.

While I understand the sentiment, the reality is he will never be close. This is the first of many steps. We first need to destroy the idea that only career politicians can win. After that we can move on to bigger things..

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer
voting for trump continues and strengthens the control of the rich over us plebeians. voting for hillary hastens the oligarchy.
neither choice is viable. voting for the lesser evil is still voting for evil. vote your conscience. a vote for either of the above mentioned, is proof of either lack of a conscience, or severe cognitive dissonance.

You are misunderstanding what this election means. Known political corruption versus Trump. That's the bottom line.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Mr. Trump as of Aug. 21st , 2016 is Now Ahead of Hillary in a National Poll . In Reality , was he Really EVER Behind Her considering Polling has been Manipulated by the MSM Since he chose to Run for President ?

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sad to say but voting for ANY independent is a vote for Hillary...period.
You take away what little hope we have left for our country.

Is Trump the end all do all.....Nope.
But far better the Hillary.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I like your last paragraph a lot, OP.

You know - unity, and all of that liberal hippy non-sense Jazz.

Perhaps you should try getting that message to Trump, he seems to be severely lacking in that department.

If you think for a minute that a billionaire conman cares about ordinary and average Americans and is in it to help the American people you are much more gullible than myself.

Trump will lead to a coup? More "anti-establishment," lies by Trump supporters?

Do you guys even bother actually reading into what Trump details?

Trump loves bankers

Trump loves war

Trump thinks freedom of speech and its supporters are "foolish"

He supported the war in Iraq. And I could go on and on and on and on. Keep on telling yourself he represents the common American.

And before anyone else does, I'll do it for you:

"But! But! But! But - Hillary! But Hillary! Hillary! Hillary! Hillllllllaaaaarrryyyyyy!

Trump supporters are about as deluded as Hillary supporters in my opinion.

The man is not anything close to "anti-establishment."

You lack foresight and ignore what I said. He did not support the war in Iraq. Stepping stone... not establishment. You offered nothing to contest my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

True.

Even more important if a Trump supporter is living in a Blue state. Hillary is going to get the electoral college votes anyway.

Same applies to Hillary voters living in a Red state. Those electoral votes will go to Trump so your vote for Hillary wont really "matter".

But getting 5% for Johnson will ensure that in the next election, the Libertarian Party will get matching funds and national attention.

We need to break this two Party stranglehold on our nation and this is the best chance we've had since Perot.

a reply to: DogMeat

Thats not true AT ALL.

And please stop spreading this mantra.

It makes a tremendous difference depending on whether a person is in a Red or Blue state and which candidate theyre supporting.

edit on 21-8-2016 by gladtobehere because: anti-propaganda

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

In 4 more years, they'll have the election rigged permanently, so I don't think future elections will matter.

I believe if Hillary wins, it's game over, America.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Where Would Trump Be If He Had Run As What He Is: the Amnesty Candidate?

One of the great ironies of the 2016 campaign is that Donald Trump, who has run as the immigration scourge, is actually the amnesty candidate.

Trump has expressly vowed to give legal status to millions of illegal aliens. For any other candidate, such a promise would have been the campaign death knell.

I still don't understand how a long time friend of the Clintons was able to completely mesmerize you folks. What kind of sorcery is this?

edit on 21-8-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
[url-pjmedia.com...]Where Would Trump Be If He Had Run As What He Is: the Amnesty Candidate?[/url]

One of the great ironies of the 2016 campaign is that Donald Trump, who has run as the immigration scourge, is actually the amnesty candidate.

Trump has expressly vowed to give legal status to millions of illegal aliens. For any other candidate, such a promise would have been the campaign death knell.

I still don't understand how a long time friend of the Clintons was able to completely mesmerize you folks. What kind of sorcery is this?

This may shock you, but I'm not against some amnesty. I'm also for more reasonable immigration.

I'm very much against letting everbody in that feels like it. Screening. Completely reasonable and reasonable countries do it.

Where can Americans immigrate to? Nowhere without really good reasons.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

LOL, I'm scared to click the link, I'm afraid I'll catch whatever they got!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Ahh, but it is true.. look at what Perot did as an indy.
Any vote for Johnson who has what, 10% , maybe 12 -15% in the end, takes away from trump.
Therefore giving the POTUS to hillary.
If trump had the independent vote he would win by a landslide.
We all know that will not happen, as folks are to blind to see the end game and then will whine and cry about it afterwards.

I personally am a libertarian...

I know that my party will not win, so there fore I look to the next best thing as it were.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join