It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'99% effective' Fukushima ice wall fails to seal off crippled nuclear plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

An expert panel with the Japanese Nuclear Regulation Authority examined the latest TEPCO report this week to assess how far and how successfully the project had been implemented, Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun reports. The members of the panel concluded that the ice wall was not working and a new plan was necessary to prevent groundwater getting mixed up with radioactive substances. 

Source

This has to be the most predictable major news story I've ever seen. I have not come across one unbiased observer who expected the ice wall to work.

I wonder if anyone on Earth actually expected it to work. I know TEPCO claimed that it would work. But, did they actually believe it?
edit on 21-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

They know there is nothing they can do, they just want it to look like they're trying. Poor Japan. They are so screwed.
And so are the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Profusion

Nevermind..I found it..ty
edit on 21-8-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Super smart to build nuclear reactors all over the world and then screwing things up,

unless its a strategic move, then it really is super smart.

edit on 21-8-2016 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Entire Glaciers, walls of ice hundreds of feet high, still have melt water flowing beneath them. No matter how chilly a day, no matter how chilled they keep the ice there is still a transition barrier beneath the ice where it meets (in this case sea level ground water and sand) that will make it impossible to keep the contaminated water back.

The whole notion of a nice ice wall was to fool people they were somehow going to stop radioactive contamination from leaking into the environment. The only thing they are successfully preventing from leaking is the truth.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You just wrote a complete (and excellent) short story. I would call it "The Ice Wall Ruse of Death."

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Are we all going to die?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nebulous1982

Yes, and its is 100% unavoidable.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nebulous1982
Are we all going to die?

Eventually.
But not because of fukashima

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Let's see: If you dig a ditch deeply down into the earth, the temperature of the ground gets warmer. Hardly does ground in Japan gets frozen below ground level in Japan. So no help from nature there. In addition, water flowing around or through the cores at ground level and below will be liquid water, some perhaps heated to being pressurized steam. So by what logic put forth by a committee of scientists would a wall of frozen water work?

So we have plain evidence of how critical decisions are made about a government's unwavering commitment toward sustaining itself over and above truth, honesty and its assumed commitments. And we think might be immune to such antics with our Hillary circus? I remind the reader again the First Law of Political Science taught in schools: A government's first duty is to protect itself from all comers, both those within and without the system. That is a genuine truth that supersedes all lessor truths, and you can rest assured that it will never be violated.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The new wall made of hopes and dreams, held together by wizards and ninjas, should do the trick.

Looks promising.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
lolll... the idiots.....every single fool knows ice floats on water.....

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Nebulous1982
Are we all going to die?

Eventually.
But not because of fukashima

Fukushima should effectively poison the whole pacific in time, should destroy one of the worlds greatest food sources

Lots and lots and lots will die because of it, guarantee that, sadly

top topics

join