It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons-Rosicrucians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
In my younger days, I was a member of A.M.O.R.C. and received those newsletters, took them seriously, and was engrossed in the exercises.

Now, thirty five years later, they still have their effects.

They did not lead me to evil ways...rather, they have opened my eyes to the potential each of us has. Cherishing what they taught me, I would recommend these lessons.

Through circumstance, I have let my membership fail...however, a seed was planted which has since grown to maturity and certain 'fruit' are starting to appear, almost 30 years later.

It would not be beyond possibility to one day carry on where I left off, it is that worthwhile.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekarOfTruth
Masonry and Rosicrusians are different...My father has been a Rosicrucian for like 10 years now and all they do is have meetings every once in a while, and then he receives a mailletter like every 2 months. The mailletters are just exercises or spiritual training.

It sounds like you're talking about AMORC, who offer a curriculum through the mail. It is true that Masonry and AMORC are different, but AMORC are not the only organization who claim to be Rosicrucians, and there are and have been numerous Masonic Rosicrucian organizations and degrees.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by SeekarOfTruth
Masonry and Rosicrusians are different...My father has been a Rosicrucian for like 10 years now and all they do is have meetings every once in a while, and then he receives a mailletter like every 2 months. The mailletters are just exercises or spiritual training.

It sounds like you're talking about AMORC, who offer a curriculum through the mail. It is true that Masonry and AMORC are different, but AMORC are not the only organization who claim to be Rosicrucians, and there are and have been numerous Masonic Rosicrucian organizations and degrees.

I am a member of AMORC, and I recieve 4 monographs every month. They contain lessons and exercises, and the occasional ritual to perform.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
KNIGHT OF THE ROSE CRUX IS THE 16TH DEGREE OF SCOTTISH RITE FREEMASONRY

THATS ALL I KNOW

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A book that was a spiritual awakening for me was: The Rosicrucian Cosmo-conception, by Max Hiendel. Wow, full of mind-blowing stuff, very, very intriguing.
Apparently Hiendel started another branch of Rosicrucians (not AMORC) who still have a place in Oceanside, CA.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomb_of_lazarus
KNIGHT OF THE ROSE CRUX IS THE 16TH DEGREE OF SCOTTISH RITE FREEMASONRY

Knight Rose Croix is the 18th Degree. The 16th Degree is Prince of Jerusalem.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
I am a member of AMORC, and I recieve 4 monographs every month. They contain lessons and exercises, and the occasional ritual to perform.

Is that completely a home study course? Or, do you attend meetings like the OTO?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
TgSoe,
You may not attend a lodge until completing the 1st Temple degree, which i am just about to do. If then I don't wish to go, I don't have to.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
You never have to attend a lodge meeting if you don't want to with AMORC. but it is worth going, if only to meet wonderful people. The AMORC teachings are definately worth it. The fees paid by members are purely for admin. there's a lot that goes on in the background.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regulus
You never have to attend a lodge meeting if you don't want to with AMORC.

See, that in itself is nonsense (assuming that you're saying one can be a member and receive degrees without ever attending).

The AMORC teachings are definately worth it.

Yeah; if your aim is to become a black-magician.

The fees paid by members are purely for admin. there's a lot that goes on in the background.

I'll bet.

Samael Aun Weor wrote

Initiation

Initiation is your own life. If you want initiation, write it upon a staff. Whosoever has understanding let him understand, because there is wisdom within.

Initiation is neither bought nor sold. Avoid those schools that give initiations by correspondence. Avoid all those who sell initiations.

Initiation is something very intimate to the Soul. The "I" does not receive initiations. Therefore, those who say, "I have so many initiations," "I have such and such degrees," are liars and fakes, because the "I" does not receive initiations or degrees.

There are nine Initiations of Minor Mysteries and five important Initiations of Major Mysteries. The Soul is the one who receives the initiations. This is a very intimate matter; something that one must not go about speaking of, nor something that must be told to anyone.

Indeed, all the initiations and degrees that many schools of the physical world confer have no value whatsoever in the superior worlds, because the Masters of the White Lodge only recognise as genuine the legitimate initiations of the Soul. These are completely internal.

Clarifications

Initiation cannot be bought with money or sent by mail. Initiation is neither bought nor sold. Initiation is your own life accompanied by the festivals of the temples.

It is necessary to avoid all those impostors who sell initiations. It is urgent to keep away from all those who give initiation by mail. Initiation is something very intimate, very secret, very divine. Avoid all those who say, "I have so many initiations, so many degrees." Avoid all those who say, "I am a Master of the Major Mysteries; I have received so many initiations." Remember, dear reader, that the "I," that the personality does not receive initiations.

Initiation is a matter for the Innermost, it has to do with the Consciousness, with the very delicate things of the Soul. One must not go about speaking of these things. No true Adept would ever use phrases like, "I am a Master of the White Lodge," "I have such and such a degree," "I have so many initiations," "I have these powers," etc., etc.

Patience and Tenacity

Powers are not obtained by playing around. This is a question of much patience. The inconsistent people, those who go about looking for results, those who after a few months of practices are already demanding signs,indeed are not ready for occultism. Such people are no good for these studies. Such people are not mature. We advise these people to become members of some religion and to wait a little until they mature.

To tread the Path of the Razors Edge, one needs the patience of Saint Job. To tread the Path of the Razors Edge, we need the tenacity of very well tempered steel.

Conscious Faith

People full of doubt who enter practical occultism, fail totally. Whosoever doubts our teachings is not prepared for the Path of the Razors Edge. For people like this it is best that they join some religion and beg to the Great Reality for the solar power of Conscious Faith. Thus, when they have gained Conscious Faith, then they are ready to enter this strait, narrow and difficult path. Whosoever doubts occultism must not walk this difficult path, but until that moment when he receives the power of Conscious Faith. The Occultist who doubts can easily become demented. Faith is a marvelous Solar power.

Religions and Schools

All the religions and spiritual schools in the world are very necessary and serve as an antechamber to entry into the Vestibule of Wisdom. Therefore, we must never speak against these schools and religions because all are necessary for the world. In these schools and religions we receive the first light of spirituality. The worst would be a people without religion, a people who persecute those dedicated to spiritual studies. In fact, a people without religion is monstrous. Each human group needs its school, its religion, its sect, its instructors etc. Each human group is different, and therefore the different schools and religions are necessary. Whosoever treads the path of Initiation must know how to respect the beliefs of others.

- Excerpted from The Perfect Matrimony - or the Door to Enter into Initiation, first published in 1950.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

See, that in itself is nonsense (assuming that you're saying one can be a member and receive degrees without ever attending).

I'm afraid you are incorrect. Unless you are a 9th degree Rosicrucian and know otherwise. I am a Rosicrucian and you do NOT have to attend lodge meetings if you choose.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have to agree with All Seeing Eye on this one. I'm not a member of AMORC, but I'm a member of another Rosicrucian Order called Builders of the Adytum, and have been for many years.

BOTA offers its curriculum through the mail and charges dues, just like AMORC. BOTA (and I presume AMORC as well) is a non-profit, tax-exempt, religious organization. Dues are applied to mailing, printing, and administrative costs.

But this isn't selling initiation. I was formally trained in the Esoteric Sciences through BOTA, and I thank God for them. Because the True Initiation occurs in the soul, an actual ceremonial initiation is not mandatory. Ceremonial initiation, in Rosicrucianism, Masonry, or anything else, is only symbolic of the internal initiation. The outward form of ritual is only allegorical of that which occurs within. Therefore, I see no reason that a True Initiate has yto attend any Lodge meetings at all, except for enjoyment, fellowship, etc. As Dr. J.D. Buck wrote, "There are many Masonic Masters who have never even set foot in a Lodge Room", meaning there are many who have been awakened to their spirituality without joining esoteric orders at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Ceremonial initiation, in Rosicrucianism, Masonry, or anything else, is only symbolic of the internal initiation. The outward form of ritual is only allegorical of that which occurs within. Therefore, I see no reason that a True Initiate has yto attend any Lodge meetings at all, except for enjoyment, fellowship, etc. As Dr. J.D. Buck wrote, "There are many Masonic Masters who have never even set foot in a Lodge Room", meaning there are many who have been awakened to their spirituality without joining esoteric orders at all.

That makes sense.

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE

Originally posted by Tamahu

I'm afraid you are incorrect. Unless you are a 9th degree Rosicrucian and know otherwise. I am a Rosicrucian and you do NOT have to attend lodge meetings if you choose.

I didn't say that what you said isn't true.

I said that it's nonsense.

But before we proceed any further, does AMORC sell initiations and degrees through the mail or does it not?

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
At the risk of Tamahu telling me I'm speaking nonsense again here goes;

No, AMORC does not sell initiations and degrees through the mail, like I said it's admin fees and the like. There are people that work for AMORC who obviously need to get paid for their efforts and time. Initiation is most definately a personal inner experience more than the ceremony involved in the physical side.

People are always scared and skeptical of what they don't understand...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I have to agree with All Seeing Eye on this one. I'm not a member of AMORC, but I'm a member of another Rosicrucian Order called Builders of the Adytum, and have been for many years.

BOTA offers its curriculum through the mail and charges dues, just like AMORC. BOTA (and I presume AMORC as well) is a non-profit, tax-exempt, religious organization. Dues are applied to mailing, printing, and administrative costs.

But this isn't selling initiation. I was formally trained in the Esoteric Sciences through BOTA, and I thank God for them. Because the True Initiation occurs in the soul, an actual ceremonial initiation is not mandatory. Ceremonial initiation, in Rosicrucianism, Masonry, or anything else, is only symbolic of the internal initiation. The outward form of ritual is only allegorical of that which occurs within. Therefore, I see no reason that a True Initiate has yto attend any Lodge meetings at all, except for enjoyment, fellowship, etc. As Dr. J.D. Buck wrote, "There are many Masonic Masters who have never even set foot in a Lodge Room", meaning there are many who have been awakened to their spirituality without joining esoteric orders at all.

Hi Frater, Soror A here!

I have recieved studies from BOTA for awhile, I am working on the "Tree of Life" study now.

I have only attended one Pranos meeting, but would like to start up going more often.
It's 2 hrs. from my home so it can be difficult to get there on Sunday morning.
Also, I don't think I was ready until now.

Just wanted to say hi, don't get to speak to too many students.
L.V.X.
Soror A

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla

Just wanted to say hi, don't get to speak to too many students.
L.V.X.
Soror A

Greetings Soror A!

I did not know you were a Builder of the Adytum. Are you in the US?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Albert Pike did not serve as Supreme Magus of the Masonic Rosicrucians in the US. That is misinformation. Pike was working out a deal with the Canadians & the Prince when he found out that the SRICF already existed. Out of respect, he was invited to Philly and they even threw in an honorary Past Supreme Magus title and promised a 3 on 1 transmission of the 9th grade if he attended. He turned passive aggressive and declined...citing that he was too old to write papers and he had learned that he would need to write papers for the Society. The HC offered to make him Chief Adept of his own College, but he also declined this. So, he was NEVER on the roles of the Society in the US.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There is indeed a true and invisible Rosicrucian Order, and there is only one way to join -- you have to astral project the ask your "higher mind" to simply take you there, and they will see your spirit, and they will know you are ready to join them.

However, for some people who are not doing alchemy work, they will still reject you. Taking the Elixir of Life is the guaranteed way in because they want everyone who poses the true Elixir and the gifts it imparts to be part of their way of life. They see it as a threat if someone is just freely using the Elixir however they may, so they seek to influence you through friendship and will even go so far as to you offer you a wife believe it or not.

Maybe I'm brainwashed, but I'm still convinced they are good people. Check out my youtube videos at AlchemistShaman channel.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tomb_of_lazarus

Actually that is the 18th degree, but the 16th, 17th and 18th are all "Rosicrucian" degrees of Masonry

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join