It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons-Rosicrucians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was reading on crstalinks.com about invisiblity and some other weird stuff etc. When i came across them talking about the Rosicrucians and it said that they founded and/or that Masonry was an offshoot of them. Can anyone clarify or give me any more info on this?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
There are several rosicrucian groups that claim to be true rosicrucians. The only one I am familiar with is AMORC and they do claim that one of the scottish degrees was in tribute to the rosicrucian order. I think it was the 18 degree but I cant remember offhand. AMORC claims to be descended from the mystery schools of ancient egypt and they claim to have info from as far back as the atlantis era , etc... I have read that many masons are also rosicrucians or once were , etc iirc ... I cant really recall all the details atm.

Anyway I do know that AMORC has a very good system and possess quite a bit of knowledge that has been gathered over time. And I would recommend them to anyone that is openminded. AMORC does not seem to care what religion you are.

As far as the masons I really dont know a whole lot except for a few books Ive read and that I had family members on both sides that were masons. My greatgrandfather on my dads side being a master mason. Only reason I know he was a master mason was that I found his mason hat and that my dad seemed to remember that he was. I did a little looking around and found that the lodge the hat came from was a master mason only grotto.

From just reading around here I know there are masons here that should be able to shed more light on this.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
thanks but yeah Id be interested in what the Masons have to say about this. I mean Im not trying to degrade them in anyway but Im just curious if they are related or Masonry was an offshoot.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
From what I understand; the A.M.O.R.C. is more of a business than an altruistic fraternity.

It's also said to lead students into the practice of black-magic, which in turn leads to suffering.

It is even said that the authentic Rosicrucian Order doesn't even exist in Malkuth(the Physical-Plane) anymore.

Whether the latter is true or not; there's got to be some more trustworthy Rosicrucian groups out there.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by navajoprophet
thanks but yeah Id be interested in what the Masons have to say about this. I mean Im not trying to degrade them in anyway but Im just curious if they are related or Masonry was an offshoot.

*Waits for Masonic Light's response*

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Originally posted by navajoprophet

*Waits for Masonic Light's response*

Yeah, where's Mirthful Me?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

From what I understand; the A.M.O.R.C. is more of a business than an altruistic fraternity.

They do require a fee for membership , however considering the level of knowledge and the way it is written ... it is above high school level and well worth the small amount they do charge. And they do provide the uhh booklets that well would surprise you with the amount of knowledge that they do possess.

It's also said to lead students into the practice of black-magic, which in turn leads to suffering.

That I have not seen nor anything that I have seen would suggest that. Granted I have not paid my dues in a while and no longer recieve my uhh lessons. However , hehe , I also did read somewhere that there is a inner order. Now what that entails I have no idea.

It is even said that the authentic Rosicrucian Order doesn't even exist in Malkuth(the Physical-Plane) anymore.

From what Ive read that does seem to be the case in the higher more advanced degrees.

The only other ones I can think of atm is another one in cali besides AMORC is the rosicrucian.com one and it seems to me to be a more religious type of deal than a spiritual one if that makes sense. The other one is in philly and it is more low profile than the other two.

Ive really only dabbled in AMORC you could say .... I do know that the philly one and AMORC one had a court battle and AMORC seemed to be the winner. As far as which one is the real and true order , well I for one do not know.

If you want a more detailed look on AMORC that is ... I dont mean to hijack the thread in anyway ... sorry navajoprophet =P ... then there is a book from Joseph J. Weed titled "Wisdom of the Mystic Masters" . It is like a condensed version. The AMORC version takes far longer in that it assimilates the information far better than reading a single book and is much much more detailed.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by morgion]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Some Masonic researchers have concluded that modern Masonry is on offshoot of Rosicrucianism, while others have disagreed. For example, the Masonic scholar Albert Pike was convinced that Masonry came from the Rosicrucians (see "Morals and Dogma"), while his colleague Albert Mackey believed the two fraternities were completely unrelated (see "Mackey's Encyclopedia of Freemasonry").

I agree with Pike and the first group, although there isn't much proof. Indeed, some have even questioned if the Rosicrucians even existed, or if it was a hoax. The little we know on the subject is that in the early 1600's a manifesto of the Rosicrucians written by an anonymous writer was published in order to reveal to the world that there was an Order called Rosicrucians, that it had previously been a secret society, and was now announcing its existence.

Furthermore, this manifesto, called Fama Fraternititus, elaborated that the Rosicrucian fraternity was composed completely of Christian mystics, and that they seemed to be an organization of physicians due to their rule, i.e., that Rosicrucians must make no claims except to heal the sick, and then without pay. It also seems that the Order was Protestant only, as the Fama is very critical of Roman Catholicism. However, this criticism should be read in its historical context, i.e., it opposed the Roman Church because of the Inquisition.

An excellent English version of the Fama of the Rosicrucians can be read here.

It is very possible that the Rosicrucians, seeing that they themselves faced persecution, decided to reorganize in disguise, and thus began joining the stonemason lodges. This evidence is circumstantial only, but it's interesting to note that at about the same time the Rosicrucians vanished, modern Freemasonry was born.

Today, the 18° of the Scottish Rite of Masonry is called Knight Rose Croix, and is saturated with Rosicrucian symbolism and philosophy. The website of the Masonic Rosicrucian Society of the United States can be found here.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   

From what Ive read that does seem to be the case in the higher more advanced degrees.

Where have you read this?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
An excellent English version of the Fama of the Rosicrucians can be read here

ML, is that Masonic Rosicrucion order considered an irregular body totaly disconnected from Freemasonry? I read somewhere that it is by invite only. Or, do you end up automaticaly in that group once you achieve the 18th degree?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE

A.M.O.R.C. School of California

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe

An excellent English version of the Fama of the Rosicrucians can be read here

ML, is that Masonic Rosicrucion order considered an irregular body totaly disconnected from Freemasonry? I read somewhere that it is by invite only. Or, do you end up automaticaly in that group once you achieve the 18th degree?

I can actually answer this. No it is not irregular Masonry

Membership, which is by invitation, is predicated on Masonic affiliation and Christianity. The Society is not merely another degree of Freemasonry which may be acquired and outside of the normal "workings" of the Craft.

www.thelodgeroom.com...

Check here... www.yorkrite.com...
for in the USA
and... www.drakesvision.com...
which is for outside the USA.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
ML, is that Masonic Rosicrucion order considered an irregular body totaly disconnected from Freemasonry?

No, it is regular, and is composed of regular Master Masons in good standing in recognized Lodges.

I read somewhere that it is by invite only. Or, do you end up automaticaly in that group once you achieve the 18th degree?

It is by invite, and is not connected to the Scottish Rite, although it uses similar symbolism to the Scottish Rite's 18°. Albert Pike served as Supreme Magus of the Masonic Rosicrucian Society of the United States while he was also Sovereign Grand Commander of the Supreme Council 33°, S.J., USA, but the two bodies are unrelated.

To be invited to join the Masonic Rosicrucian Society, one must be a Master Mason, a Christian, and a contributor to Masonic research or scholarship.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
wow that was quite a bit of information thanks for taking time to respond guys

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Peace Masonic Light

To be invited to join the Masonic Rosicrucian Society, one must be a Master Mason, a Christian, and a contributor to Masonic research or scholarship.

I have a question.

Does one have to be "Christian" in the exoteric sense(i.e. Protestant, Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox, etc.)?

Or could one be a Gnostic-Christian?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I have a question.
Does one have to be "Christian" in the exoteric sense(i.e. Protestant, Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox, etc.)?

Or could one be a Gnostic-Christian?

I would think that Christian Gnosticism would fulfill this requirement. The only reason that the Society is limited to Christians is that the degrees use Christian symbolism and teachings, which would not be appreciated by non-Christians.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Interestingly, I fit all three of the above-listed qualifications, however, upon being invited to join the Masonic Rosicrucians and upon my initiation into the same, I was never asked for anything except my Symbolic Lodge and Royal Arch Chapter membership cards.

S&F

-John

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Interestingly, I fit all three of the above-listed qualifications, however, upon being invited to join the Masonic Rosicrucians and upon my initiation into the same, I was never asked for anything except my Symbolic Lodge and Royal Arch Chapter membership cards.

I think most Colleges operate similarly to A.M.D. in this manner, i.e., they only invite Brethren whom they know to have research credentials, and, in the Case of MSRICF, also to be Christians.

It is interesting that, on the petition of the Royal Order of Scotland, the Candidate is not only asked if he is a Trinitarian Christian, but also his denomination. However, to my knowledge, this is the only Masonic body that asks such a thing on the petition.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Masonry and Rosicrusians are different. I've actually had the pleasure to meet with some of them.

My father has been a Rosicrucian for like 10 years now and all they do is have meetings every once in a while, and then he receives a mailletter like every 2 months. The mailletters are just exercises or spiritual training.

I do believe they possess secrets from Egyptian Mystery schools. My father told me they do some amazing things, but he didn't go that much into detail about it.

Hope this helps

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well I don't have any research credentials but I can read all day if I have time, not that I retain much of it, LOL but I'm getting better. I always want to get better. Anyhoo, I don't know if there are any Masonic Rosicrusians operating in my area. I guess I shouldn't even be looking that high up the ladder yet being a meer, humble Entered Aprentice.

Thanks COTWOM and ML.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join