It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't UFOs cloaked?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This question was asked some montha ago. So I'll quote my old post here.

originally posted by: Frith
If the 1964 Gary Wilcox ET encounter is to be believed, the ETs themselves said they should not be visible to anyone within 100 feet of where they were located and were concerned that their apparent cloaking technology wasn't working at the time.

thenightsky.org...

Although they had a variety of ships, they usually did not appear after dark because their crafts were much more observable then. The figure expressed great concern that their ship had been seen. When Wilcox explained how this happened, he was told that no one should be able to see the ship beyond 100'.

I am a bit skeptical of this report, but then on the same day in 1964 the Lonnie Zamora encounter report happened and the craft and creatures reported there might have been the same ones who talked to Wilcox.

edit on 22-8-2016 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: 3danimator2014

One thing I can assure you is something exists - and I've seen them.

I'll have respectfully disagree with you

And can you prove he is lying? Well wait for your evidence.

I've seen unicorns that poop iridium. Can you prove I'm lying?

Get my point?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Hi Kalixi,

There is another question: what should they cloak for? Or the other way around: if we were to visit another planet, and we don’t want to be detected, what should we cloak/stealth for?

We humans can see (what we define as the visible spectrum), we can hear (hearing range) we can smell/taste (molecular receptors on our cells). Bats can echo-locate. Snakes can detect heat. Industrially we have developed radar, sonar, X-ray and quite some other techniques to ‘see’ what we can’t see/feel/hear with our senses.

So, depending on which place those aliens developed, and depending on whether they are carbon-based / biochemical with somewhat a similar structure (cells) as us, they should be able to detect something. But not necessarily in the same visible and audible spectrum as us, nor being able to detect the same air borne molecules as us, nor in any other ‘spectrum’ where we are able to detect things.

In analogy to some cave dwelling creatures on earth, they might be ‘blind’ (in the visible spectrum), and have no idea that their ‘lights’ are giving them away.

For all we know, they might be very happy going through their lives just by detecting gravitons.

Just a thought, cheers!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

No mans sky is pretty fun I agree. No you arent lying. seen it on a random generated planet. I hear its so random you never see it again either so good luck finding it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

No mans sky is pretty fun I agree. No you arent lying. seen it on a random generated planet. I hear its so random you never see it again either so good luck finding it.

Well done in avoiding my question and/or missing the point

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Ask stupid questions.....well you know the rest.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Why do you think UFOs aren't cloaked? Surely they'd have the tech to do it - so why not?

Is the Mars Exploration Rover "cloaked"? Could we cloak it if we wanted to?

How do you know any "they" would have the technology to do it economically? We are living in the real world of physics, not Star Trek movie world. There's no such thing as a Romulan Cloaking Device.

What if observable signs are inevitable side effects of engineering? Despite a strong military desire, humans can't fully "cloak" the infrared emissions from aircraft engines, and even amelioration technology is only implemented on the most expensive front-line aircraft.

From "their" point of view, the necessary technology level might be "what will prevent us from getting shot down by the natives".

(and I am skeptical there are any ET's in any UFO)

edit on 23-8-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Ask stupid questions.....well you know the rest.

You asked me to prove that someone else didn't see something. I asked exactly the same question as you did but exaggerated it to make a point.

Did I REALLY need to explain this to you? I cannot believe that you actually did completely miss my point.

YOU asked me a stupi question that I could never answer, so, yes...ask a stupid question, you know the rest.

I love how uppity UFO believers get when you tell them you don't believe.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I speculate that for the majority of the time, while performing aerial/landing/takeoff maneuvers...Foo Fighters are enveloped in a magnetically contained plasma shield --- Not only do the use the fusion plasma as fuel [from deuterium in seawater] for the photon propulsion unit, they use it as a defensive/offensive shield for protection against all sorts of weapons [including lasers] that our U.S. military could possibly throw against them --- Not to mention that the plasma shield makes the starship radar stealthy and silent running --- It also serves it's purpose to others, as a warning to stay away from IT!!!
edit on 23-8-2016 by Erno86 because: deleted an added a word

edit on 23-8-2016 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

All I did originally was ask can you prove someone who you cant see and or ask in person if they are lying. So dont try to pass this off on me when you started it.

Anyway GEt back on topic. UFOs arent cloaked because they just dont give a flying bleep.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: In4ormant

I believe they're letting us know they're here, slowly.

Sure, that's a logical conclusion to draw, that contact is their ultimate aim, and they may buzz around and flash their lights for #s and giggles.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

All I did originally was ask can you prove someone who you cant see and or ask in person if they are lying. So dont try to pass this off on me when you started it.

Anyway GEt back on topic. UFOs arent cloaked because they just dont give a flying bleep.

Again you either are ignoring my point or missing it. How could I ever prove someone didnt see something ? Can you prove o didn't see iridium pooping fairies?

No you can't. It's a pointless question you asked. Come one man, try harder. This isn't hard to grasp.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Do you really believe that UFOS cross space to come here and put lights on there craft and light them up like a Christmas tree?? If aliens are here you aren't seeing there craft I think they would be smart enough to make sure of that. The whole UFO thing doesn't make sense unless you look at it like they are in fact craft from earth. Then it makes sense all aircraft made by people have running lights there would be no need for a space craft to do this. I truly believe UFO sightings are black project craft. You can see as technology advanced so did or UFOs. At thr beginning UFOS were cigar shaped just like what we were using. Then they went to saucer shaped at the same time we started producing aircraft similar. Then we moved on to single wing and amazingly triangle UFOS started showing up. So as are technology advanced so did our UFOs.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Sigh... okay fine. Was your point That there is no proof of what the poster said right? So how can we believe his claim.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Sigh... okay fine. Was your point That there is no proof of what the poster said right? So how can we believe his claim.

No. I was saying that I, personally think he is mistaken about what he thinks he saw. With all due respect to him of course.

I believe I'm life elsewhere. But it isn't visiting Earth in blinking space ships.

Tht was my only point. You chose to make it a bigger deal by asking me the pointless question you did. I don't care if any else believes in alien ufos, I don't.

You got all uppity and asked me to prove he didn't see what he say...which of course, I can't. So maybe the question here should be, what was YOUR point?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join