It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NSA Built a Secret, Warrantless, Shadow “Social Network” and You’re Already On It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Since even before Snowden there were many, and now maybe most, who already know how the NSA collects data on phone calls, emails and your social network groups. Where does all the data go and for what purpose has always been one of my top questions. ISIS and our open borders policy is now the excuse they use to spy on everyone.... where before the excuse was 9/11....... and before that, there were those pushing this stuff just because there was the capability and sounded like a good deal.. Secret police and spying on everything and anyone has always had a high sounding reason but was blocked by the Constitution...It is a fact there really are reasons for the snooping but to this extent, you decide... Back in the day we actually saved a guy's life because some communist had planned the assignation of him. He was evacuated before the hit went down.. So yep it works.. But, so did Stalin's and Hitler's secret spying programs which were eventually used on political enemies and dissidents...
Part of the collectable data:

The agency can augment the communications data with material from public, commercial and other sources, including bank codes, insurance information, Facebook profiles, passenger manifests, voter registration rolls and GPS location information, as well as property records and unspecified tax data, according to the documents.

By Matt Agorist

For roughly the last decade and a half, the NSA has been caught in lie after unscrupulous lie. Every time they are caught spying on Americans, the secret agency first denies it — then justifies it. The NSA has now been caught again. And, again, they denied it and are now justifying it.

This time, their unscrupulous spying involves a shadow “social network” that combs data from all social networks and your online data to create a graph of everyone and everyone they know. If you’re wondering where your invite to join this shadow network came from, you never got it. However, you’ve already joined.

NSA even has a website for this network on which they gladly display all the information they collect. It’s called GETPRSM and it’s scary. While it looks like an Orwellian satire gone wrong, the site is very real and the NSA has no problem admitting it.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

But, so did Stalin's and Hitler's secret spying programs which were eventually used on political enemies and dissidents...

Exactly, 727.

It's indefensible.

Not to mention that nice little quote from Franklin about freedom & security.

They're not synonymous.

Gain one, you lose the other.
No two ways about it mate.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Yes but the real question is how do i log on to change my Avatar??....

RA

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

It's a satire site.

blog.datacoup.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
They would be very disappointed following me around...most exciting news of the day is the tennis results and how many large mouth bass I caught last night.

Cheers...and keep working on the overhead volley.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I wonder if the British Government are already doing this too??

I remember reading that there was a vote in progree to make this happen... oh yeah 'a snooping charter' that was the name of it... they wanted access to read our Mails and messages on facebook/twitter etc...

It's all very well if the person they want to watch is a 'baddie' shall we say but they should not be allowed to Monitor everyone.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I wonder if the British Government are already doing this too??

I remember reading that there was a vote in progree to make this happen... oh yeah 'a snooping charter' that was the name of it... they wanted access to read our Mails and messages on facebook/twitter etc...

It's all very well if the person they want to watch is a 'baddie' shall we say but they should not be allowed to Monitor everyone.
yes they are at gchq
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

how many large mouth bass I caught last night.

I'd like to know what you used. Spinner bait, worm....? My favorite is a Jitterbug.

On Topic....
I think we're just going to have to learn to live with the fact that we're spied on, on a daily basis. The NSA doesn't really seem to care if we know it and every time we catch them and show them that little piece of paper called the Constitution that says they can't do that, they find some excuse to get around it. "National Security" means : We can do what we want and you can't stop us.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

so there isn't a secret warrantless shadow "social networking" site with my Profile already on it? Or is there? I'm confused..

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
...this is literally the most effective awareness campaign I have ever seen. It looks so legitimate, I am sure many people will try to sign up, freak out, and realize that there is something wrong in the world.

Or so I hope.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Oh my goodness. Glad to see this is satirical. I searched getprsm and when the site came up and i read everything on the homepage I was like youve got to be kidding me. Or is it? Wth?

I mean surely this exists but not on the open web..

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So what is all of this warrant-less spying and data collection really about?

I would guess that its about keeping an eye on political dissidents.

May also be about identifying "anti-establishment" trends, people who are against the Federal Reserve, the IRS, anti-vaccine, anti-GMO, anti-climate change, pro-gun, anti-Israel, anti-war, 9/11 Truthers, Moon Landing hoaxers etc.

The specific people would be flagged along with the trend so that the government can divert more resources to changing public opinion in that particular area.

edit on 21-8-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
...this is literally the most effective awareness campaign I have ever seen. It looks so legitimate, I am sure many people will try to sign up, freak out, and realize that there is something wrong in the world.

Or so I hope.

I agree, a very clever citizen awareness program. I went through each step of the site, however, did not provide the zipcode....assuming they already have it. LOL. But, pretty smart marketing to get a point about our personal lives and information being violated.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMistAh but, the answer that they give is "how do we know who the goody is and who is the baddie without looking at everybody". Then you come to the conclusion what makes a baddie a baddie? As is always said " one mans freedom fighter is another mans rebel".

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I post anti-govt stories all the time.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Believe it or not, I may have a little insider information here. Simply put, they've been natural-language-processing most if not all domestic phone calls since the mid-70's or so. Enemy of the State was in-use technology by the late 80's or so. And they do track down folks like me, on purpose or not, as I learned five years ago. A new guy showed up to help out where I was living, with his grandson. We were moving heavy furniture in a barn. I learned he was a fellow in museum curation in a U.S. state-university extension system, and had moved from Fort Meade. Naturally I asked if he was NSA and he told me yes. I gathered from him and others that he was investigating Buddhist groups though of course, he pretended to be simply "interested" in Buddhism. In reality they do seek on-the-ground eyewitness information wherever there are people living at the edge or off the grid in intentional or self-styled "religious" communities which, as we suspect, could also be MK fronts or even espionage related, as well. Now for various I must be a person of interest to them...impossible that I wouldn't, in fact. The whole thing was fishy but on the other hand he gave me two free tickets to an art exhibit that I very much wished to see. Can't complain there. The best assumption, and the most rational, is assume they know everything unless it is strongly encrypted. Otherwise, assume they probably know how to break strong encryption!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Thus my statement is factual-----NSA, the ELITE, ISIS(International Secret Intelligence Services), and Al Qaeda are all one in the same folks since the Hegelian Dialectic is always the common denominator.

ISIS(International Secret Intelligence Services) is basically an International Cabal or Conglomerate of most all the Spook Agencies that follow The Centralized Banking $y$tem globally-

Why ya think Im balls to the wall rigorously and offensively honest? Because they watch and 2 Im not afraid to die early. My Creator called me to be free not obedient and slave like----fkem
edit on 21-8-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
it doesn`t seem to be doing much good, after a terrorist attack we find out that the terrorist was on a watch list.they collect all this data to find out who the terrorists are but they nothing after identifying them.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
related www.rt.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The internet is a primary domestic intelligence program ,they just can't READ it all yet.
If YOU input it on the net ,they have it.
They have since ARPA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join