It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Films that sync to music albums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I've always been fascinated by these. There's the old classic Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon which was pretty fun and most well known.

I created one myself a while ago after hearing Marilyn Manson's album Antichrist Superstar fits perfectly to a little known art film called Begotten, which really did match up flawlessly.
I'm also working on a Fight Club/Nine Inch Nails video at the moment which is pretty mind blowing so far. Will maybe upload at some point.

Anyone know of any others that work well?
edit on 21 8 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I love The Dark Side of Oz. I see something new every time I watch it. Even the cover art on Dark Side of the Moon works with the movie. Monochromatic light passes through a triangle and exits in Technicolor. The movie goes from black & white to color. There are tons of triangles everywhere in the movie. I could spend an hour pointing out the connections. But, here is an answers to your question, Puppyopolis.

Skinny Puppy's Cleans Fold and Manipulate matched to Metropolis. I used a video editor to merge the two into a MP4. I started the album at the same moment the movies music starts. I would up load it but it's a MASSIVE file, it would take forever.

Trust me on this, you will not be disappointed. All Hail Puppyopolis!!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Joki42

Skinny Puppy Rocks!

edit on 8/21/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Skinny Puppy Rocks!

Yis!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
If you liked the Pink Floyd sync here's another one. It's the 1927 version of Metropolis that is synced with Wish You Were Here.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joki42

Trust me on this, you will not be disappointed. All Hail Puppyopolis!!

Excellent. I will be trying this once I'm done with "I am Jack's Downward Spiral"

Funny you should mention Skinny Puppy. I was thinking of trying Rabies or Greater Wrong of the Right with Jacob's Ladder.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
If you liked the Pink Floyd sync here's another one. It's the 1927 version of Metropolis that is synced with Wish You Were Here.

Will check it out.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Skinny Puppy Rocks!

Indeed!
You speak the truth.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Recently , while listening to the newest Radiohead release, then black and white horror film White zombie was on the tv.. Friend and I noticed it synced up perfectly .

Only bummer is it was totally An accident and could probably never be replicated.... But listening to albums with old horror movie on the background is a great way I dive into the music a little more..

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'll definitely have to try Antichrist with Begotten.

But this is a pretty good one: Pink Floyd's Echos (from Meddle) with the last part of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Start playing the song right when you see the words: Jupiter and beyond the infinite.

a reply to: buster2010

Oh, that's awesome. I'll have to try that one, too.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Radiohead and Interstellar work well I believe. I myself created a fight club/NIN piece 3 years ago. Enjoy to help inspire maybe. Also did Yeah Yeah Yeahs with Sinister (Ethan hawke)

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: zidanelittle
Radiohead and Interstellar work well I believe. I myself created a fight club/NIN piece 3 years ago. Enjoy to help inspire maybe. Also did Yeah Yeah Yeahs with Sinister (Ethan hawke)

youtu.be...

I'm getting video not available. Shame...
I take it you synced it with The Fragile?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I am Jack's Downward Spiral is now complete.
Had to cheat a bit by slowing down the video (it's a 3 hour epic now) and shoehorning the remixes into the 2nd act, last 2 tracks overlap too. But everything syncs up in an almost scary way.

Will try and get it uploaded tonight.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
youtu.be...
edit on 24 8 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Damn copyright laws.

Could I not claim Fair Use on this?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I got to see the pup live in Hollywood years ago. It was one of the best shows I ever same. They had, what I would describe as a sexual terrorist, roaming through the crowd. He was wearing a ski mask, a wrap around his waist and an ammo belt over his chest, all in hazard orange, as he randomly bumped into people. Also saw Dave Grohl there.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join