It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense Gun Control I cant keep a straight face when I say that

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Take a look at this video that shows why there will never be common sense gun control.

Article Here

It just absolutely amazes me how someone can be for or against something they are completely ignorant about. These people are literally just regurgitating the crap that CNN and other "News" agencies cram down their throats and they don't have a single thought of their own.

If you look at the guns in the video it clearly shows a semi-auto .22 and a semi-auto AR-15, most of these people were totally ok with the .22. But they wanted the AR-15 banned, even though these weapons are virtually the same functionality wise. All because the AR looked scary and its been demonized by the media. Most people have no idea just how effective the .22LR is at killing. I can kill just about anything with a well placed .22 round. I just wish these people could see this video and understand the level they just got trolled on.

I know the anti-gun trolls will come out from under their bridges for this post so bring it. There is nothing you can say or do that will ever stop me from owning firearms unless you kill me. But I don't see that happening knowing I have guns and you don't. What says you ATS? Should these people be ashamed?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Anything thats a threat to law enforcement, firearms and ammunition is whats being highlighted for 'control measures'.
A .22 rim fire can't penetrate a police vest.

A .223 (5.56 NATO), like butter...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What if I shoot them in the face?? What then?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Liberals to other liberals - We will push for complete gun control.

Liberals to conservatives - We will only push for a little bit of "common sense" gun control.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I can understand the point you're making here. That being said, there's a huge difference between a .22 rimfire cartridge and a center fire .223 cartridge. (What most AR style rifles shoot)

The 223/5.56 is way, way more 'dangerous' than the .22.

Yes, the people we call "gun-grabbers" are very ignorant. No question there. However, I must say that these calibers are on a different level.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Edit: oops double post
edit on 20-8-2016 by seaswine because: Double post

(post by PraetorianAZ removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
I can understand the point you're making here. That being said, there's a huge difference between a .22 rimfire cartridge and a center fire .223 cartridge. (What most AR style rifles shoot)

Yes, the people we call "gun-grabbers" are very ignorant. No question there. However, I must say that these calibers are on a different level.

The .223 is more powerful than the .22. But deadlier or more dangerous? Now that just depends on the shooter.
edit on 20-8-2016 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

What if I shoot them in the face?? What then?

SWAT team members wear ballistic helmets with acrylic visors... why would you want to shoot cops in the face?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Yes, to an extent.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of the right to own a firearm that you'll ever meet. But to compare a.22 to a .223 is to compare apricots to almonds.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

ANd thanks for watching the video as well. Glad it only took you 6 min to watch a 15 min video then post about the control measures you are wanting to see enacted. I guess your ok with your ignorance.

Settle down. I am opposed to more firearms legislation. Your position is indefensible.

I agree, you can drop just about any game with a .22 if you hit them in the exact right place. I'll ask the police to stand still for you.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Yes, to an extent.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of the right to own a firearm that you'll ever meet. But to compare a.22 to a .223 is to compare apricots to almonds.

Ill agree that the .223 is more powerful and a slightly larger diameter round. But the "danger" level as you put it between both rounds are the same. It all comes down to the shooter in the end. I could shoot a thousand rounds at you but if I miss them all I might as well be using harsh language. Danger level doesn't change when dealing with firearms.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I must disagree. If anyone, even an untrained individual empties 30 rounds of 223 into a crowd, the damage will be far more than if the same person fires 30 rounds of 22. That's an inarguable fact.
edit on 20-8-2016 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I like how first you talk about how cops vests can't stop a .223 but they can stop a .22. So I bring up shooting the face. Then suddenly these "cops" are now SWAT members with ballistic helmets. So SWAT members have ballistic helmets but not body armor? Did you just change the type of police to better suit your narrative? I don't know any SWAT members who do not wear class 3 body armor when doing SWAT stuff. Regular police vests however cannot stop a HPRR.

As to why we would shoot cops?? That depends. Police today are the red coats of the 1700's. Only a matter of time before the people turn on them. No wonder they want to take away our guns.

Regardless of the situation or armor, a good shooter can put anyone down.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The .223 has more range and can penetrate soft armor, but it isn't really that much more dangerous. A hit to a vital spot with either and you are in trouble.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Who cares what weapon is used, the real issue is not the type, but the thousands of people who gets shot and lose all their rights in a constant stream in the US.

I know there are no laws that will prevent that, they are already there.

I know you can't ban guns or some guns, 300+ mill guns in the hands of the citizens who will not give them up in the name of freedom and protection or something, criminals have an end less supply of weapons.

Politicians know jack #, they are just talking heads.

So what should be done with the thousands of dead bodies, innocent people who gets stripped completely of their rights.

Nothing should be done, let it be as it is, just get used to the dead bodies...or what?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I must disagree. If anyone, even an untrained individual empties 30 rounds of 223 into a crowd, the damage will be far more than if the same person fires 30 rounds of 22. That's an inarguable fact.

It actually is arguable. If the guy shooting the .223 shoots them all in the feet because he is untrained then the next guy with the .22 shoots them all in the chest and head then the .22 will cause considerable more damage than the .223. Once again making the person shooting the most dangerous factor. Not the round or the gun.

I feel like this is the brain teaser "what weighs more a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers". In the end, they both weigh the same you just think the bricks would be the obvious answer. If I shoot a man in the head with a .223 or a .22 the end result is the same, they guy will die (Most likely). Once again making both rounds equally "dangerous".

In your scenario, I feel that the .22 would be better anyway. Less recoil for better follow-up shots. Its quieter, lighter, easy to use and you could carry thousands of rounds of .22 vs a couple hundred of .223.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I don't understand this logic. If you're experienced with both calibers, you can quickly see the difference in effectiveness.

I didn't want to add this anecdote as it is embarrassing, but when I was in my teens, I was hit with a 22 round to my shin from a Remington pump action.

Didn't go to the hospital, just dug it out (the bullet) with a pocket knife and patched it up.

If that were a .223 instead, my shin bone would've been shattered/splintered, and I unable to even stand.

First pic in this search shows the crazy difference between 223 and. 22.

www.google.com... X&ved=0ahUKEwjv0KG44dHOAhXMWh4KHbEjBTcQ_AUIBygB&biw=1368&bih=768#imgrc=gppQvM6iW9hGXM%3A
edit on 21-8-2016 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2016 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

For the reasons that you yourself listed, it is more dangerous.

Look, I'm not arguing that the OP overall is not correct. But to say a22 is even nearly as dangerous as 223 is ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Once you compromise a right, it stops being a right.

Gun control advocates don't want gun ownership to be a right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join