It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are my thoughts on being burgled this morning.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

I'll admit that sleuthing is kind of fun. Just wish it wasn't so damn costly.....

And I still want my effing grill.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
And if you're wandering why "normal" people are up drinking till five in the morning, most of us are rotating shift workers with no circadian rhythm. We aren't meth-heads or rocket honkers. Just drinkers.

No need to explain yourself there, most parties I go to run through past dawn but all good people there who wouldn't steal from the host.
The issue is about some thieving scum robbing you, not how late you stay up.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Have you checked craigslist for your grill?

STM

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Considering the fact that the dude that took it is illiterate, illegal, and can't speak English, I doubt he has even the minimal skills required to navigate Craigslist. He wasn't even smart enough to turn off my phone after taking it.

It's somewhere with his cohorts likely roasting some kabrito as I type.

Hope they effing choke on it.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I feel for ya man. I know the feeling----just frustrating.
I had a similar experience many years ago. A relative died, the whole family was at the services. I left my home unlocked because out of town family members were staying with me and didn't have keys. When we returned from the funeral the house had been entered and my favorite gun had been taken. Also a brand new bottle of Jack Daniels. Called the sheriff. His observation, "Maybe the fool will get drunk and shoot himself." It gave me a chuckle anyway.
Good on you for tracking them down and at least getting part of your stuff back. I've never seen my sweet little gun again but it's still in the system as a stolen gun so if anyone tried to sell it----

It's just infuriating to know that someone takes advantage. Hope you get your grill back.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well make sure who you are delling with ask the cops his record, not what he has been convected of but what he has been booked for and where. You need to know who your delling with, you need to know if you cause him problems whats coming your way. Then decide if you want to push back. If you make a move make an informed move not one out of anger. This was Friday Saturday right same time next week, check out who comes and goes at there place good chance there will be he cohorts, as you put it. You need to talk to your neighbors down one side and up the next, this is not the frist time this has happened. Its your neighborhood you know who to talk to and who to skip, consider it a public service. And you did catch him the night it all happened but your freinds just didn't understand what the game was. You see that going on natraly you want him to go away and that is what he wanted, to be sent away quickly. My neighborhood that happens you invite them into the yard and call the owner of the house to deal with it, you might have realized he was your neighbor. Then you have that talk with him, something that he does not want to have, now you know him, now you have seen his face time for a photo. People like this want to sneak in sneak out, you take that away. They will go somewhere else next time. I'm a big fan of motion detectiors, the defrence is I don't put the the big spot light in the drive way kind of set up, I have it turn on a radio by the bed. I think you know the rest. Don't be a target, don't make it easy. When it goes to court be there, let the D.A. know you are there let them know it matters, you talk to them before and after make sure that they know your worried for the safty of your family. You know that his wife works and it looks like they share a car that means that he is home all day while your at work. You know that he had to of been watching your house that night to be able to get the keys he entered your house. He didn't just happen to end up with your phone he had intent and still might. Make sure all the neighbors know the out come, everyone needs to be aware. Be carful, be smart, but don't be an easy target.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tinman2

You make excellent points. I may possibly be underestimating the level of his stupidity. He may very well take things to the next level once it sinks in that I have his number.

I will take much of what you wrote there into consideration.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I think you should change the locks on the house so you can sleep at night.
I don't know what can be done about the car,be careful and don't do anything
that could get you arrested.

Yeah, I would do this ASAP. You have no idea who is 'friends' with this creep down the street. And as long as they are an unknown, there is a chance that you or your family could be in danger. I sincerely hope not, but better safe than sorry, ya know?

And great job hunting down what you did. I had forgotten what it was like to live in a small town, but these kinds of things are possible in places like that. I live on a boat, and have had things stolen from me before. It's completely worthless to call the police here, because they NEVER show up when a crime is occuring. It's always AFTER a crime, and they never bother to investigate these things. They've even admitted this to me in the past, so I no longer call the police when this kind of thing happens.

You have a lot more patience than I would, my friend. I'd be on that creep like flies on (as you say) [snip]. It would be interesting to get a few friends and follow this creep's 'friends' that come and visit for the next couple of weeks. They always return to the scene of a crime, so if you followed these punks home, I bet you would find your grill...

And what kind of an ahole steals a freaking grill? With multiple people in the house at the time?

BTW, is there enough circumstantial evidence (about the loser asking for meth) for the cops to get a search warrant? Obviously the guy is dealing. I find it hard to believe that some mexican dude would just walk up to any house and ask people if they have some freaking meth for sale.

If you really want to get the creep, I'd spend about 100 bucks and buy an infrared camera and point it at this guys house. If he's selling, he's going to be getting a lot of 'visitors', and this kind of thing (high traffic) is one of the things police look for when looking for traffickers and dealers. Nobody wants a drug dealer in their freaking neighborhood, no matter how we may feel about the stupid, worthless war on drugs...

I just read the post above you, and I have to agree. But definitely go to Amazon and get yourself an infrared camera. You can hook it up to a computer in your house and the software should allow you to save the video to your hard disk. You could also spent about 100 bucks and get a motion detector camera that will do the same kind of thing, but it would be more of the kind that hunters use, and not have remote abilities (though you could spend a few bucks more and get one with remote capabilities also). If you need any help finding a camera, shoot me a message and I'd be happy to point you in the right direction...
edit on 21-8-2016 by nomoredemsorreps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

Fortunately, I work nights for the next four days. I'm replacing the locks as soon as the hardware store opens.

I might take you up on the camera advice. I know jack about installing that kind of stuff. I have a two terabyte hard drive, so storage of a day or so at a time shouldn't be a big deal.

I've seen some nice systems that you can control with your phone. It pans 360 • and moves up and down. Don't know what those cost, but would be nice.

Considering an airbag under the welcome mat. Would be nice to launch somebody with a quick call to a burner phone. Getting it on film would be a bonus.

As far as the loser that asked for meth, I'm pretty sure that he was a different guy. The friend that told him to drag a$$ told me that the dude had a beard. The neighbor that had some of my stuff doesn't have a beard.

It could have been a scouting run, because I'm pretty sure the neighbor had help jacking my grill. His wife said he was with friends. But I don't have their names or descriptions. And of course, the dude denied that he was with anybody.
edit on 22-8-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

It takes a real lowlife to target a grieving family. That makes me sick.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
sadly this is more common than you think...scum actually scan the paper for funerals and then hit the house during services....having a death in the family, people aren't thinking as clearly and these scum take advantage

originally posted by: diggindirt
I feel for ya man. I know the feeling----just frustrating.
I had a similar experience many years ago. A relative died, the whole family was at the services. I left my home unlocked because out of town family members were staying with me and didn't have keys. When we returned from the funeral the house had been entered and my favorite gun had been taken. Also a brand new bottle of Jack Daniels. Called the sheriff. His observation, "Maybe the fool will get drunk and shoot himself." It gave me a chuckle anyway.
Good on you for tracking them down and at least getting part of your stuff back. I've never seen my sweet little gun again but it's still in the system as a stolen gun so if anyone tried to sell it----

It's just infuriating to know that someone takes advantage. Hope you get your grill back.

edit on 22-8-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

Fortunately, I work nights for the next four days. I'm replacing the locks as soon as the hardware store opens.

I might take you up on the camera advice. I know jack about installing that kind of stuff. I have a two terabyte hard drive, so storage of a day or so at a time shouldn't be a big deal.

I've seen some nice systems that you can control with your phone. It pans 360 • and moves up and down. Don't know what those cost, but would be nice.

Considering an airbag under the welcome mat. Would be nice to launch somebody with a quick call to a burner phone. Getting it on film would be a bonus.

As far as the loser that asked for meth, I'm pretty sure that he was a different guy. The friend that told him to drag a$$ told me that the dude had a beard. The neighbor that had some of my stuff doesn't have a beard.

It could have been a scouting run, because I'm pretty sure the neighbor had help jacking my grill. His wife said he was with friends. But I don't have their names or descriptions. And of course, the dude denied that he was with anybody.

Yeah, there are also apps that can control cameras via your cellphone. It starts getting expensive when you hit these kinds of capabilities though. I'm not sure you'd need that for what you want to do, but if ya gots the money....

As to the meth creep, I didn't think he was the same guy either. Just that he was looking at the WRONG HOUSE, and that the house that was selling the meth was in fact your freaking criminal neighbor. It's pure speculation, of course, but SOMEONE in your neighborhood must be selling crack if people are walking up to your house unbidden and asking for meth.... Either that or you've got some crazy a$$ people walking around your neighborhood!

Let me know if you want me help on the video...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
We got a 4 camera system from Amazon that you can control from your phone. The cameras are wired though but the wires blend in and look like the cable wiring. It was about $300 for the whole system. Let me know if you want the info on it and I will PM.

We actually had it when we had to have our foundation leveled and neither of us were at home during the work. My husband watched on his phone and saw the whole crew walking around the property and trying to get into vehicles etc. Needless to say the foundation company owner got a phone call. He wanted to argue with me until I told him we had it on video. Comes with its own hard drive for storage.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

An interesting read and an interesting story. It is one of the worst things to happen to anyone, being burgled. My mothers house when I was young was burgled and everything we had was taken and nothing valuable was left. The police came around, did their investigations and found nothing. I have no idea if those thieves were very good at not leaving traces but I doubt it. Just seemed like they did not find it that serious of a case to go searching for the culprit. We had no insurance or anything as backup either. My mother was a single parent with two boys, she had to start again. Something I think back to sometimes and feel the anger from such pathetic losers that could do this to someone. Not having any recourse of action to, made it worse.

I wish you the very best friend and that who you seem to know it is, is caught and put to justice. There are many crimes that occur but stealing from someones home is vile.

edit on 23-8-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Do you have some kind of insurance? May want to make a claim. Most renters' insurances cover up to $5,000 worth of lost items.

On a side note, I'd shoot those sons of bitches given the chance, that is if my wife didn't mess with my gun. After my garage got jacked, I tried to make sure my HK 45 USP is still in the convenient place where I left it. Little did I know, my wife actually moved the firearm to another drawer and the place where I have my gun locked away is now filled with bras and panties..

Talk about a home invasion when you needed your firearms the most, and it's not there, instead you throw bras and panties at the thief.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

I have insurance on the house and belongings. The dude might have gotten away with 1500 bucks worth of stuff. I will get the phones back from the police, that just leaves my grill and the cost of replacing my knobs and deadbolts.

I got off pretty lucky. If I hadn't been home I probably would be cleaned out. Still no word on the arrest. I know the dude went and got a job, which is good. That means they are less likely to run before the charges catch up to them.

I wish I understood what takes so long to get the ball rolling on these things.

I found a lot of dirt on the dude. Assault, accused of rape, multiple thefts. Every time he gets close to being arrested, he flees to Mexico for a couple months then comes back.

It weighs on me. I'm still trolling him though.

I want him to make more mistakes.

I also want to figure out why he keeps coming back to this town. I suspect it's the ease with which he can commit his crimes without consequence.

I just bought a fresh box of consequences though. Did you know they make dragons breath rounds for a 410 now? I love fire.
edit on 24-8-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Try the local metal scrap yard for your grill if it hasn't turned up yet. They have to ID the seller and take his picture by law, and most folks who would steal a man's grill just aren't smart enough to understand how all that works. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's a fire box. It's made of quarter inch plate and weighs about 65 lbs. It wouldn't be worth 4 bucks in scrap. This is Texas, even the lowest scum wouldn't scrap a firebox.

Also, the two nearest scrap yards are 19 and 30 miles away respectively. He wouldn't even make his gas money back.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinman2
Well make sure who you are delling with ask the cops his record, not what he has been convected of but what he has been booked for and where. You need to know who your delling with, you need to know if you cause him problems whats coming your way. Then decide if you want to push back. If you make a move make an informed move not one out of anger. This was Friday Saturday right same time next week, check out who comes and goes at there place good chance there will be he cohorts, as you put it. You need to talk to your neighbors down one side and up the next, this is not the frist time this has happened. Its your neighborhood you know who to talk to and who to skip, consider it a public service. And you did catch him the night it all happened but your freinds just didn't understand what the game was. You see that going on natraly you want him to go away and that is what he wanted, to be sent away quickly. My neighborhood that happens you invite them into the yard and call the owner of the house to deal with it, you might have realized he was your neighbor. Then you have that talk with him, something that he does not want to have, now you know him, now you have seen his face time for a photo. People like this want to sneak in sneak out, you take that away. They will go somewhere else next time. I'm a big fan of motion detectiors, the defrence is I don't put the the big spot light in the drive way kind of set up, I have it turn on a radio by the bed. I think you know the rest. Don't be a target, don't make it easy. When it goes to court be there, let the D.A. know you are there let them know it matters, you talk to them before and after make sure that they know your worried for the safty of your family. You know that his wife works and it looks like they share a car that means that he is home all day while your at work. You know that he had to of been watching your house that night to be able to get the keys he entered your house. He didn't just happen to end up with your phone he had intent and still might. Make sure all the neighbors know the out come, everyone needs to be aware. Be carful, be smart, but don't be an easy target.

Holly text wall Batman, My eyes hurt and could only read half of what you wrote had to stop, Paragraphs please, What I did read was interesting.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nothing like a good neighbor! Well, generally, they are not all bad. I wish you the best and I hope you get everything back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join