It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are my thoughts on being burgled this morning.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Heya Gang.

So, here is the story.

Been a rough week, but they're all rough. Last night, we had some friends over to drink and have a good time. I went to bed, because I work 12 hour days. It was after midnight. It was time.

My wife and our friends stayed up and drank and had a good time. It was about 4 to 5 in the morning by the time everybody passed out or left.

So I wake up this morning, my personal cell phone is gone, my wife's cell phone is gone, our car keys, house keys, various other keys to our places of employment etc, are gone. My wife's car is cleaned out. Our hand made, 65 pound, badass barbeque grill is gone.

Rightfully, I am pissed off.

I will lend a person the shirt off my back, and most of my neighbors and all of my friends know this.

By the time I've taken it all in, I react. I go to the chief and report the stolen items. He takes some notes, and we go on about our day. (Small town)

We call the people that were over at the house to ask if they remember anything weird. Three of them told us about some random Mexican dude that stumbled up into the yard about 4 or so in the morning. He asked if he could buy effing meth, and my friend told him that he had the wrong house, and to take his a$$ on down the road. Some of the friends I had over last night don't speak English. It's not something that bothers me, because I speak enough Spanish to hold a conversation in most cases.

So, I pull my resources, gather some friends and I began the task of scouring the town for my grill. It would be the easiest to spot in a yard or alley.

It takes about 3 hours to drive every alley and road in town, I can say that with certainty now.

So, I come home to check on the wife, and she's on the computer dealing with the phone company. She asks if I can find my phone by GPS. I don't have any apps on my phone for that purpose. I only use GPS if I'm traveling or using StarChart. The rest of the time it's disabled.

Just so happens, I was looking at something in the sky last night. I remembered enabling the GPS. So I log into my google and run a search for the phone. Nothing at first.. So I send a ring. (It rings for five minutes straight when you do this.) At the end of sending that ring, it popped up on location about twenty miles away from my town.

I go get my little brother, and we set off to find it.

We find an old cotton gin that has been retooled to process watermelons. By retooled, I mean gutted of machinery and staffed with illegal immigrants to sort and load watermelons. We ask the manager who works there from my town. He narrows our search to three vehicles in the parking lot.

I call the police from that county to assist me in my interrogation. They show up, and the manager agrees to send me an employee at a time.

The first guy has a strange story about how he found a cell phone in the road and that three people showed up an hour before me and took it. Talk about strange coincidences. It turned out to be unrelated.

The second vehicle belonged to a Mexican woman between 40 and 50. She agreed to the search, and the police officer dialed my phone. I hear my ringtone coming from the console. He opens it up, and there it is. There is my phone.

I unlock the screen for the officer so he can see that it is mine. We continue to interrogate the woman, I talk to her in Spanish, and he talks to her through her boss interpreting. She says that her husband, [snip], used the truck very late in the night with some friends.

That's when I recognize the truck. This woman lives two houses down from me.

We didn't find anything else that was taken from me in the truck.

The police officer from the neighboring county told me that he would contact the Chief of my town. No arrest at that time.

The woman was genuinely surprised about the phone in the console. I believe that if she had any knowledge of what her man had done, she would have never consented to the search.

So, we haul-a$$ back to our town. I contact the Chief to make sure that things are going to be followed up on. He shows up and searches the house and questions [snip]. The Chief comes back from the house with my wife's cell phone and her battery charger. The pinche menteroso down the block insists that he bought the phone off a random guy at a local gas station this morning.

I just don't see how this guy isn't in jail.

I want my effing grill back.

Maybe I should be happy having my wife's and my phone down at the police station in evidence now, but I'm just a little dissatisfied.

I know the culprit, I did the investigation for the police, and there is a chance, just a chance, that what was taken will be valuable enough for charges to be brought against my immigrant neighbor.

Tonight I'm sleeping with my 410. Because this douche still has the keys to my wife's car and my house. Tomorrow, I will be the biggest real life troll this [snip] dude has ever seen.

I'll stand in the street and stare menacingly at his effing children to get my point across.

Putting a Pro TRUMP sign in the yard by the end of the week.

The local PD just stopped by a few minutes ago. They are doing their damnedest to take this guy down.

I hope for the return of my property and the incarceration of the thieving effing immigrant down the road. If nothing happens legitimately, then I'm going to exact my own revenge.

Thanks for reading.

edit on Sun Aug 21 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: personal name removed

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Good luck and watch your six.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I have the feeling that you'll get all of your things back...and I'd probably be the same way about it myself. Just be careful out there.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

If nothing happens legitimately, then I'm going to exact my own revenge.

Don't do anything that will land you in prison.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I'd be peaved too. You did invite friends of friends into your home.

Let The Cops Do Their Job.

These cretins are already sorry, they didn't figure you for someone who would find them out. Casual thievery usually is met with intimidated souls who write off their belongings and go on down the road. You did the right thing by going all hound dog and finding your phones and getting the police involved. They probably been stealing from others too, if they do it again and get caught the record now reflects the priors.

Leave that lay where it will. Don't go escalating by confronting them physically right when you got them by the legal balls. It will change everything, possibly exposing you and yours to harm.

Just sit back and enjoy the show.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
No worries there, I have a sense of humor. I don't wish anybody harm. I don't like killing insects.

Whatever revenge I take will be a benign nuisance type of revenge. Nothing dangerous.

No worries.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I knew everybody here last night except for one dude. That dude was family of the friends that I have known for the better part of two decades.

None of the people that were here last night were responsible in any way for the theft.

They are vetted and true.

The neighbors are a wild card, obviously. I'm still not going to be a silent accuser. I want them to know that they effed with the wrong dude. I want them to know who took their lives down. I feel bad for his wife. She seemed like a nice cooperative lady.

If it means jailing them both to catch the culprit, so be it.

Still, relying on the "justice" of this day and age leaves me just a bit antsy.

I've seen people, even in this small town, get away with murder, real dead man beaten to a pulp, murder.

There was even a TV show that investigated the murder and got nowhere.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I hope that you are right. I want my stuff back. I got both phones recovered, but not in my possession. I want my effing grill.

It can cook a brisket to perfection in three hours.

If it doesn't get returned even after having the neighbors arrested, I'm trolling every illegal immigrant in town until I illicit a reaction. I'm done with these people. I've done everything that I can to make their lives better. I've gotten them legitimate jobs, that pay taxes, and provide for their families. I'm not a bigot.

I love the Mexican people and their culture, but to deny the criminal element that is intermixed within the "good" ones is just naive.

I'm not going to take it out on those I know and love, but I'm not going to turn a blind eye over some PC moral obligation that I never agreed to.

The damage is done, and the ramifications are forthcoming.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I think you should change the locks on the house so you can sleep at night.
I don't know what can be done about the car,be careful and don't do anything
that could get you arrested.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I disconnected the battery on the car.

The house will have to wait until Monday.

I've no interest in being arrested.

I'm not stupid, but I'm also not some pacifist that will tolerate being walked on by some thieving effing tool.

I know what to do. I'm not a violent dude.

That shouldn't be mistaken for weakness.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I hate that crap! I hope your neighbor goes to jail where he belongs. My husband and I have had things stolen from us years ago and it's an awful feeling! We weren't lucky enough to catch the thieves. We have worked hard our whole lives and to have things taken from you like that...GRRRR!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Expat in Philippines,

I would just shot the bastard in the knee, we get a medal for that here....

RA

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Eggs and toilet paper, oh yea! And lets get that Trump sign up as soon as possible. Damn shame about the grill though. Was it gas or charcoal?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
so when's the next party?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I really hate people like that, thieving fu*#s, hope you get all or Least most of your belongings back, something tells me you will in the end.

If it we're me I'd be getting a chair and sitting outside watching them go by with a smile on my face,,a smile like (I know it's you).

Let us know how it goes.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Sorry to read your story man, but well done on tracking the thieves down, I hope the cops can make a successful case against them.
I know the feeling of being burgled, twice it has happened to me, but luckily I caught both in the act.
My use of 'reasonable force' was much greater punishment than the paltry fines they got after conviction.
Thieving scum, I have a particular distaste for people who violate someones sanctuary.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Sorry to read your story man, but well done on tracking the thieves down, I hope the cops can make a successful case against them.
I know the feeling of being burgled, twice it has happened to me, but luckily I caught both in the act.
My use of 'reasonable force' was much greater punishment than the paltry fines they got after conviction.
Thieving scum, I have a particular distaste for people who violate someones sanctuary.

people really think it is a good idea to go tracking people down on their own?
i am no fan of the cops but i dont think it is a good idea to move around like this.

what happens when you catch up to some thief and they wind up #ing you up?

guess everyone is a vigilante these days.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

edit on 21-8-2016 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
people really think it is a good idea to go tracking people down on their own?
i am no fan of the cops but i dont think it is a good idea to move around like this.

what happens when you catch up to some thief and they wind up #ing you up?

guess everyone is a vigilante these days.

I guess people take their own risks in life based on their own perceptions and motivation.
I've tracked a heroin addict burglar (former mutual friend) who stole from my mates grandmother a few years ago. I wasn't alone though, it was a group of 5 of my friends. We found him in a smack house with a number of similarly emaciated addicts. The police were not called. He will never steal from our families again.

Calling police in my parts is one of the last things most people do, because it is almost pointless. There is no investigation, it is logged as a crime and they give you a reference number for your insurance company.

I understand you are perhaps more risk averse, that is fine of course, people are different, and I guess it also depends on personal circumstances.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I guess people take their own risks in life based on their own perceptions and motivation.
I've tracked a heroin addict burglar (former mutual friend) who stole from my mates grandmother a few years ago. I wasn't alone though, it was a group of 5 of my friends. We found him in a smack house with a number of similarly emaciated addicts. The police were not called. He will never steal from our families again.

yeah.
do what you gotta do.
that situation could have ended badly for you in so many ways.
good luck.

hopefully next time you pookie from new jack dont stick you in the eye with a tainted needle.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join