It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Terrorist Bombing @ Wedding In Turkey-At Least 22 dead/94 Injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This just announced.
It appears to be a suicide bombing with either ISIS or Kurdish rebels suspected.
Other reports of causalities from earlier posted news sources report less victims.
Developing.

Turkey officials: 22 killed, 94 hurt in suspected suicide bombing at wedding

Officials say at least 22 people were killed in a bomb attack targeting an outdoor wedding ceremony in southeastern Turkey.

The governor's office for the province of Gaziantep said 94 people were wounded in Saturday's attack in the city of Gaziantep.

Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Simsek said the "barbaric" attack appeared to be a suicide bombing. Other officials say it could have been carried out by Kurdish rebels or the Islamic State group. Photos taken after the explosion showed several bodies covered with white sheets.

Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Simsek said the "barbaric" attack appeared to be a suicide bombing. Other officials say it could have been carried out by Kurdish rebels or the Islamic State group.

Photos taken after the explosion showed several bodies covered with white sheets.

www.dailypress.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It appears to be a suicide bombing with either ISIS or Kurdish rebels suspected.

ISIS is a pet project of Turkey (NATO) so it wasn't them. Remember a while back the Turks were slaughtering Kurds wholesale?

Guess whats coming back around to bite their butts?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sad what's happening in Turkey.

A country with a rich history, right on the border of the West and it's being taken over by Islam and funding terrorism. No longer a safe place for Westerners nor is it even safe for many Turkish nationals.

Watching what's happening with Turkey is a good history lesson on what happens when Islam slowly takes over a country with more Western leaning values.

And what that would be is one giant cluster #.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the Middle East. Having to deal with these cavemen everyday.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

and it's being taken over by Islam .

Not sure how you can say that is a problem, I am constantly told Islam is a Religion of peace!!!!!....

RA
edit on 20-8-2016 by slider1982 because: added

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sadly, the death toll is now 30.

Officials: 30 Killed, 94 Hurt in Wedding Attack in Turkey

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

You should learn history. Turkey's had Islam for roughly 1,000 years, literally more than 700 years before the "Age of Enlightenment" took place in Europe. In fact, Turkey was the center of the Islamic world back when Europe was still in the "Dark Ages". And the Ottoman Empire claimed the Caliphate in the early 1500s. So what are you even talking about? LOL

Oh yeah, and the vast majority of Turkish citizens today are Muslims (wikipedia says 96.5% of Turkish citizens are Muslims). So that "rich history" you're talking about is a history of Islam! Muslims are literally responsible for Turkey's rich history and its "glory days" of ruling nearly the entire Middle East. Chances are, the victims in the horrific crime in the OP were also Muslims.

But since that doesn't fit your narrative, I guess we're supposed to act like nothing existed there until Ataturk created a secular state in the ashes of the Ottoman Empire? Oh yeah, Ataturk was also a follower of Islam so I guess that doesn't fit your narrative either, huh? (Though to be fair, there are a lot of conspiracy theories that Ataturk was actually Jewish and made Turkey secular on orders from the West. Hey, every culture and region has its conspiracy theories.)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Sad what's happening in Turkey.

A country with a rich history, right on the border of the West and it's being taken over by Islam and funding terrorism. No longer a safe place for Westerners nor is it even safe for many Turkish nationals.

Watching what's happening with Turkey is a good history lesson on what happens when Islam slowly takes over a country with more Western leaning values.

And what that would be is one giant cluster #.

You do know that Islam has had a vast presence in the region known as Turkey for many hundreds of years, right?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Read this ealier and can't understand why anyone would want to bomb a wedding?

This is just senseless and moronic. I guess the same can be said for the Person or Religious person who di it in the name of....

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
51 dead now.

12-14yo boy was the bomber.

Crazy schnitt, I tell ya.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
51 dead now.

12-14yo boy was the bomber.

Crazy schnitt, I tell ya.

Prolly had a "present" and was told to take it in to the wedding and it was remote detonated. This kid prolly didnt know what he was doing because he didnt live long enough to truly understand life.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The US also has bombed weddings and funerals in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Yemen. There are a lot of examples if you google it, though the Deh Bala wedding party airstrike is probably the most infamous. 47 civilians were killed, including 39 women and children.

To answer your question, it seems that there are "warriors" from all sides that consider any gathering of people a valid target if they suspect an enemy is also there. That's usually the basis behind both suicide bombings and drone strikes, particularly "signature strikes".

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

You should learn history. Turkey's had Islam for roughly 1,000 years, literally more than 700 years before the "Age of Enlightenment" took place in Europe. In fact, Turkey was the center of the Islamic world back when Europe was still in the "Dark Ages". And the Ottoman Empire claimed the Caliphate in the early 1500s. So what are you even talking about? LOL

Oh yeah, and the vast majority of Turkish citizens today are Muslims (wikipedia says 96.5% of Turkish citizens are Muslims). So that "rich history" you're talking about is a history of Islam! Muslims are literally responsible for Turkey's rich history and its "glory days" of ruling nearly the entire Middle East. Chances are, the victims in the horrific crime in the OP were also Muslims.

But since that doesn't fit your narrative, I guess we're supposed to act like nothing existed there until Ataturk created a secular state in the ashes of the Ottoman Empire? Oh yeah, Ataturk was also a follower of Islam so I guess that doesn't fit your narrative either, huh? (Though to be fair, there are a lot of conspiracy theories that Ataturk was actually Jewish and made Turkey secular on orders from the West. Hey, every culture and region has its conspiracy theories.)

I have to ask you ...

I see you here advocating for basically Islamic theocracy in Turkey, but I am guessing if the US were to declare itself a theocracy, you would cry foul? I am betting you advocate very strongly for separation of church and state here because the dominate religion in this country is still Christianity.

Doesn't this make you a bit hypocritical?

If a theocracy is bad in one country, then it's bad in another. The religion it's being set up in the name of isn't what makes a difference.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I have to ask you ...

I see you here advocating for basically Islamic theocracy in Turkey, but I am guessing if the US were to declare itself a theocracy, you would cry foul? I am betting you advocate very strongly for separation of church and state here because the dominate religion in this country is still Christianity.

Doesn't this make you a bit hypocritical?

If a theocracy is bad in one country, then it's bad in another. The religion it's being set up in the name of isn't what makes a difference.

You should get your eyes checked. I didn't advocated for or against an Islamic theocracy.

Someone claimed that Turkey is "a country with a rich history"; that Turkey is "being taken over by Islam and funding terrorism."; and that this terrorist attack "is a good history lesson on what happens when Islam slowly takes over a country with more Western leaning values".

So I pointed out that Turkey's "rich history" is because of Islam, not in spite of it. And how can Islam be "slowly taking over" a country that is 96.5% Muslim and has been ruled by Islam for roughly 1,000 years? Oh, I also pointed out that the person should learn history before making comments that don't match up with the facts. I kindly suggest the same to you.

edit on 21-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is horrifically tragic as I heard on the news they
sent in a child with a vest, will be looking for a link
to confirm.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
This is horrifically tragic as I heard on the news they
sent in a child with a vest, will be looking for a link
to confirm.

Found this.
It mentions the child...and the possibility of remote detonation of his bomb vest.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

That's it....How anyone can defend this type of
evil is beyond words...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I have heard that soem funerals were just for show though. a s in a way to get somewhere un noticed. or smuggle things.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Bodies covered in sheets, but no blood. The glass windows seem to be unbroken. No debris or dust layer covering the street. Hmmm.....

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

well it could had been a shaped charge. they can have directionality and leave other places untouched

new topics

top topics

join