It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Gravity devices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ok we've all seen hoverboards, whether it be in games, movies, t.v shows, or books, but when will we start seeing them in real life. The government already has several different types of anti-gravity technology, so when are they going to help out the american people? They have released that they know about anti-gravity and know how to use it, so when are we going to see it? They have large ships and other things that defy gravity, but were not seeing cars that do this. You know why? Because gas useage would go down tremendously, without the friction of the roads, extra tire weight on cars, and other things. But we arent seeing any of this, and I would like to know when will we see hover boards, like snowboards that fly basically, and hover cars and things of this nature. Thanks everybody

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlissfullIgnorance
The government already has several different types of anti-gravity technology, so when are they going to help out the american people? They have released that they know about anti-gravity and know how to use it, so when are we going to see it? They have large ships and other things that defy gravity, but were not seeing cars that do this.

Um... any proof for any of that?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yea, i do. On the Discovery channel there was a documentary on area 51 where 1 employee was questioned and told of these things. also, the government has used small hovercrafts for short travelling and testing, and that part is public knowledge. these things hover about 2 feet off the ground.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If the government has anti-gravity devices, I suspect that they will not release that information to the public for quite some time. The reason? Well, right after the Columbia space shuttle accident, somebody in the government(congress i think, can't remember exactly or find refs att) asked all the US agencies if there was any technology, new or otherwise that could have prevented that disaster. Everyone responded no. I personally believe that anti-gravity devices would be one of those types of technology that could have prevented that. I mean, not having to fly 25,000 miles per hour into the atmosphere would be awesome. If we do have it, it will be a long time before it is released or somebody could be charged with lying to Congress, which is a felony.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Erm, hovercrafts arn't any form of anti-gravity. Sorry, mate. They use them as large scale landing craft too, by the way.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Antigravity exists......

British Professor Eric Laithwaite's work into the anti gravitational forces produced by gyroscopes has been developed into working modes utilising a number of gyro's, which are currently capable of reducing their weight by up to 25%.

This initial reseach led to the development of the Searl Levity Disc, Prof. John R.R. Searl used a series of specially produced neodymium magnetic cylindrical rods that rotated within a nested series of magnetic rings. The amount of energy that the powerful magnets could harness on their own, coupled with their rotation, was more than enough to create lift. Dr. Searl named this lift "The Searl Effect" for obvious reasons.

In order to engineer this principle into a working prototype, a disc-shaped craft was created that held a series of interconnecting magnetic rings, each of which had a set of cylinders rotating around them. A definite and highly powerful anti-gravity effect was created- an effect so powerful that it destroyed many of Dr. Searl's early prototypes, causing them to shoot up and crash into the ceiling as soon as he powered them up! This continued to be a problem until Dr. Searl learned how to change and control the amount of upward thrust that the rotating magnets were providing.

The Levity Disc was flown on repeated occasions for many different witnesses, and the entire story is located on his website, linked below. Numerous articles discuss Dr. Searl's invention on the Institute for Free Energy website and in various editions of the New Energy News journal

www.servtech.com...
ascension2000.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ok , so now we're the aliens.But the question is,didn't NASA have this information?Why haven't they developed it futher?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
"Anti-gravity devices are nothing new. "

1/20/2005 2:21:43 AM

Anti-gravity and Nano-technology research in India provide medical breakthroughs

India is advancing very rapidly in applications of Nano-technologies and anti-gravity techniques with some solid breakthroughs in Healthcare fields.

Most of the research is still classified but indications coming out from sources close to the researchers are surprising.

Anti-gravity devices are nothing new. Most of the developed world has implemented the same in some form to reduce or eliminate the effect of gravity and hence create a weightless environment. Using the same technology for genetic assembly, curing heart disease especially noninvasive methods of cleaning the artery, alternative to bypass surgery is new.

(snip)

nanotechwire.com...

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Geneticus]

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Geneticus]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Some of the best hovercrafts available. These are pretty neat and there is another company out there that sells hoverboards too.

www.hovercraft.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The technology of the Searl effect is being developed by D.I.S.C. in Britain, but with the current investment in existing technologies running into the billions, it is hard to invisage any changes in policy from the aerospace agencies in the short to medium term.

The biggest stumbling block is seen as the potential g forces on the pilots of these vessels, however experimental and theoretical evidence suggests that within the center of the vessel external g force is negated.

On a more sinister note, links to sites containing information rearding the Serl effect tend to disappear from the net, and DISC are currently litigating for Patent and Copyright infringement against interlopers...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

www.hovercraft.com...
A hovercraft rides on air under pressure that is continuously supplied by the lift system and directed into a chamber under the craft. A flexible curtain called a skirt that is attached to the outer perimeter of the craft forms the air chamber and contains the air beneath the craft.

So you can rule that one out for antigravity. I think me flying in my Cessna 150 and going in a steep climb followed by a steep descent would create more antigravity. Even then, it's not antigravity. It's just the plane diving away from me, but the weightless feeling is cool as anything.

Oh, and here's the military hovercraft I was talking bout before.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
In the photo of the team standing on the "IGV" you can what look like spikes around the circumference of the craft. Perhaps if these rotate around it they might act as propellers on a helicopter. So even if it's not an anti-gravity machine it could still have applications as an aircraft. That and I've always wished they went with the flying saucer design instead of the tube with wings.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
my interest is human flight, with no assistance from technology. on the other hand, i though, since man has invented Faraday suit and bullet-proof material, then man can invent anti-gravity material for clothing.
i should say, it is probably a matter of time before man does invent anti-gravity material for clothing and other uses.
i hope my comment fits in this thread. i searched for ten minutes to find a thread to place my comments.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Gravity is a fundamental force, whereby all mass attracts all other mass. You can use other forces to overcome gravity, but you can't cancel it out or shield from it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This thread is 7 years old

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

With all the times I've seen people posting and berating a fellow ATSer about how to use the search function or about how a given topic has been posted over and over, I commend (and starred) harkna for posting in an older thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

I'm more impressed with your dedication to continue posting in a 7 year old thread without missing so much as a beat

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

It popped up at the top of MyATS, I clicked on it, read everything again, and responded. What is so weird about that? Nothing new can be added to a discussion from seven years ago? Seems like rather a reductive point of view to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BlissfullIgnorance

The word Anti-Gravity...or whatever these letters gouping is grammatically called...is a Misnomer as if it were possible to take an object out of Gravity's effect anywhere in our Universe...say a Bowling Ball here on Earth being made an object that cannot be effected by Gravity...the Bowling Ball would shoot away at Extreme Speed or appear to as Earth is moving as well as it's entire Orbit around the Sun and the Sun is moving as well as our entire Galaxy is moving so we would keep on moving and the Bowling Ball WOULD NOT.

What we should be talking about is Gravitic Manipulation. This is more of an apt term. Thus we can Generate Gravity and thus create a Gravity Well of whatever size and effect to allow for travel or movement of an object or hovering to our satisfaction. Split Infinity

top topics

join