It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalar EM Waves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

originally posted by: Bedlam

If you cannot currently do it in air or vaccuum, shouldn't that be a future quest for scientists / engineers, to acheive this? i wonder

You'd have to have an 'aether', and you just don't have any.
Why would a medium be necessary. Can somehow the photons not be made to have photon compression and rarefaction at a desired freq to propagate longitudinally in vaccuum

No. They don't repel each other, or attract each other, except for that weird thing in the stress-energy tensor where you get pseudo-gravitic attraction if they've got some amount of vector where they're approaching each other. But that doesn't get you repulsion. And the effect is pretty much so small you can't measure it; it's not like air molecules hitting each other. The entire thing where you get it in a waveguide is due to interactions with the guide not with each other.

If you HAD an aether, and photons were waves propagating in it, EM would HAVE to be longitudinal, it's the only sort of wave you get in the bulk of a medium. But it's polarizable, so that's that. No aether, no free-propagating longitudinal EM.

For that matter, even longitudinal EM isn't one of Bearden's scalar waves, as far as I can tell from his descriptions.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

TextYou'd have to have an 'aether', and you just don't have any.
a reply to: Bedlam

mmm now that is the crux of the matter.
This concept of longitudinal EM waves originates with Nikola Tesla and he was adamant the aether does exist.
Then Einstein and the relativists came and "proved" it didn't exist.
Yet Einstein did maintain that spacetime is the aether.

Its not that black and white.
Personally I think the aether does exist and is the explanation to many of the problems of modern physics.
Until anyone can explain what the photon actually is, its all theoretical.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

well firstly dump the bunk relativity and any of its attributes and then find a way to do what i suggested to the photons
I'm open to replacing relativity with something better if somebody's got something better, but I haven't seen that yet, especially not from you.

As for making longitudinal EM waves in a vacuum, it's probably impossible but why do you even want to try? What would you hope to accomplish?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
Yet Einstein did maintain that spacetime is the aether.

He made it quite clear not a luminiferous aether. He was being abstract.

Its not that black and white.

If it's polarizable, it's transverse. Sim, salabim.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

i have reason to believe that gravity waves are longitudinal and allegedly recently they have been discovered comimg from 2 orbiting pulsars. the media was all over the place saying einstein had it right.
so the longitudinal gravity waves did travel thru vaccuum

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

well firstly dump the bunk relativity and any of its attributes and then find a way to do what i suggested to the photons
I'm open to replacing relativity with something better if somebody's got something better, but I haven't seen that yet, especially not from you.

As for making longitudinal EM waves in a vacuum, it's probably impossible but why do you even want to try? What would you hope to accomplish?
2 clocks itself in nist lab proves GR wrong. Earlier I had linked you to my post that proves it.

What i want to do with longitudinal em wave is rather classified

top topics

<< 1   >>

join