It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalar EM Waves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Some call him the woo man. I first heard this term, scalar wave, while watching one of tommy beardens video He goes on to claim that the soviets perfected scalar wave technology during khurushchev era and that khurushchev even warned/asked jfk, that they ought to have some treaty in place to prevents its use as wmd and weather manipulation. And apparently jfk didn't know what he was talking about. he also claims teslas beam weapon was scalar em wave type
I am wondering, how might such em waves be produced?
Can someone on here perhaps enlighten
edit on 20-8-2016 by Nochzwei because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

They don't exist. Which is why Tom Bearden can't show you a simple scalar wave walkie talkie.

eta: he also didn't invent the thing, he stole it from Wally Minto.
edit on 20-8-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

so largely its only a myth

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

They don't exist. Which is why Tom Bearden can't show you a simple scalar wave walkie talkie.

Here we go: the electromagnetic field referenced doesn't exist at all?
Even Feynman agreed there was such:

of Encyclopædia Britannica
LAST UPDATED:
5-3-2016
Alternate Title: QED

RELATED TOPICS
mechanics
special relativity
field
quantum mechanics
Pascual Jordan
quantum field theory
gauge theory
subatomic particle
Feynman diagram
Richard P. Feynman
Quantum electrodynamics (QED), quantum field theory of the interactions of charged particles with the electromagnetic field. It describes mathematically not only all interactions of light with matter but also those of charged particles with one another. QED is a relativistic theory in that Albert Einstein’s theory of special relativity is built into each of its equations. Because the behaviour of atoms and molecules is primarily electromagnetic in nature, all of atomic physics can be considered a test laboratory for the theory. Some of the most precise tests of QED have been experiments dealing with the properties of subatomic particles known as muons. The magnetic moment of this type of particle has been shown to agree with the theory to nine significant digits. Agreement of such high accuracy makes QED one of the most successful physical theories so far devised.

So, no it's not really a myth, unless you consider the postulations of some of the greatest physicists known to man thus far as myths.....

This is just Bedlam's favorite subject to debunk, when it long ago was bunked, really. What's happening while it's sleeping, is the real question.
regards,
tetra50

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
As to the generalization of the existence of EMF and what they are:
Here's this:

Electromagnetic fields are a combination of invisible electric and magnetic fields of force. They are generated by natural phenomena like the Earth’s magnetic field but also by human activities, mainly through the use of electricity.

Mobile phones, power lines and computer screens are examples of equipment that generates electromagnetic fields.

Most man-made electromagnetic fields reverse their direction at regular intervals of time, ranging from high radio frequencies (mobile phones) through intermediate frequencies (computer screens) to extremely low frequencies (power lines).

The term static refers to fields that do not vary with time (i.e. with a frequency of 0 Hz). Static magnetic fields are used in medical imaging and generated by appliances using direct current.

LINK

There is a naturally occurring, biological electromagnetic field, and this can be manipulated, and EMF fields can be fabricated, as well, to interact with the naturally occurring one.....
tetra

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Interesting. Thanks I'll look them up

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
a reply to: tetra50

Interesting. Thanks I'll look them up

Do that. Search electromagnetic, electric and biological (natural), and see what you come up with, and pls. take the time to read. Feynman's many accomplishments in physcis were about the existence of this field, and man's interaction with it, as well as physics and naturally occurring events.....

Educate yourself. Never accept any poster's, including mine's, take on any specific thing. Educate yourself, and READ, always.
regards,
tetra

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

LAST UPDATED:
5-3-2016

RELATED TOPICS
mechanics
special relativity
field
quantum mechanics
Pascual Jordan
quantum field theory
gauge theory
subatomic particle
Feynman diagram
Richard P. Feynman
Quantum electrodynamics (QED), quantum field theory of the interactions of charged particles with the electromagnetic field. It describes mathematically not only all interactions of light with matter but also those of charged particles with one another. QED is a relativistic theory in that Albert Einstein’s theory of special relativity is built into each of its equations. Because the behaviour of atoms and molecules is primarily electromagnetic in nature, all of atomic physics can be considered a test laboratory for the theory. Some of the most precise tests of QED have been experiments dealing with the properties of subatomic particles known as muons. The magnetic moment of this type of particle has been shown to agree with the theory to nine significant digits. Agreement of such high accuracy makes QED one of the most successful physical theories so far devised.

So, no it's not really a myth, unless you consider the postulations of some of the greatest physicists known to man thus far as myths.....

This is just Bedlam's favorite subject to debunk, when it long ago was bunked, really. What's happening while it's sleeping, is the real question.
regards,
tetra50

Where in that quote does it say a scalar em like field exists? Quantum electrodynamics uses a vector field just like classical em.

I've read almost all of beardens crap and none op I is even remotely plausible. He's ideas arnt even self consistent.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quaria

LAST UPDATED:
5-3-2016

RELATED TOPICS
mechanics
special relativity
field
quantum mechanics
Pascual Jordan
quantum field theory
gauge theory
subatomic particle
Feynman diagram
Richard P. Feynman

regards,
tetra50

Where in that quote does it say a scalar em like field exists? Quantum electrodynamics uses a vector field just like classical em.

I've read almost all of beardens crap and none op I is even remotely plausible. He's ideas arnt even self consistent.

So, you and I are arguing the same point of view, though you are attempting to take me on?

Let's review:
Bedlam's POV, if I'm not mistaken in all these years, is there is no such thing as an "electromagnetic field."
My POV is there is absolutely an electromagnetic field and several disciplines of science prove it, speak of it, and beyond that speak of how it affects nature, biology, electronics, neuropsychology, and absolutely everything as it surrounds us, and is a physical, integral part of our existence, in every possible way.

Sry. What am I missing, here? What, exactly, are you saying, respectfully, my friend?
Regards,
tetra50

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Sry. What am I missing, here? What, exactly, are you saying, respectfully, my friend?
Regards,
tetra50
I read Bedlam's post to mean "Scalar EM Waves don't exist" when he said "They don't exist." since the topic of the thread is "Scalar EM Waves". I don't see any other way to interpret it, but you seem to have done so by thinking Bedlam is referring to electromagnetic fields instead of Scalar Electromagnetic waves.

I have some experience with this field and I generally find that Bedlam knows what he's talking about, so if you see Bedlam's opinion on a science/engineering topic conflicting with someone else's I have a hard time of thinking of cases where Bedlam has been the one who is wrong. The worst I've ever seen him do is over-simplify to try to help explain technical concepts to non-technical people, and any time something is over-simplified it's not exactly right but I'm pretty sure that's intentional because if you swamp a non-technical person with technical details to make it a little more accurate, it won't mean anything to them anyway, it all sounds like turbo encabulator talk to non-techies.

edit on 2016821 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

So how would one go about producing a longitudinal em wave?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You can't do it in air or a vacuum, but you can get something along those lines inside a wave guide.

Longitudinal Wave Propagation in Dielectric Waveguide Array

Of course Bearden wasn't talking about using a wave guide as far as I recall, so this doesn't change your statement

Some call him the woo man.

That's a title he well deserves.

edit on 2016821 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
You can't do it in air or a vacuum, but you can get something along those lines inside a wave guide.

Longitudinal Wave Propagation in Dielectric Waveguide Array

Of course Bearden wasn't talking about using a wave guide as far as I recall, so this doesn't change your statement

Some call him the woo man.

That's a title he well deserves.
If you cannot currently do it in air or vaccuum, shouldn't that be a future quest for scientists / engineers, to acheive this? i wonder

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

regards,
tetra50

Electromagnetic fields exist, never said they didn't. Scalar waves, not so much.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Bedlam's POV, if I'm not mistaken in all these years, is there is no such thing as an "electromagnetic field."
Regards,
tetra50

Nope, you're quite mistaken. For God's sake, I'm first and foremost a radar engineer. Scalar waves do not exist. EM is just fine, happens constantly.
edit on 21-8-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Righty right! You can get longitudinal EM in a waveguide, because it interacts with the walls.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

If you cannot currently do it in air or vaccuum, shouldn't that be a future quest for scientists / engineers, to acheive this? i wonder

You'd have to have an 'aether', and you just don't have any.
edit on 21-8-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You'd have to have an 'aether', and you just don't have any.
Why would a medium be necessary. Can somehow the photons not be made to have photon compression and rarefaction at a desired freq to propagate longitudinally in vaccuum

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
A vacuum is a vacuum, and how are you going to affect photons with that? There's not much in a vacuum to do anything to photons, except for general relativity effects like lensing. If you want to manipulate the photons you need something to do that, hence, waveguide. It's not a vacuum and can do some interesting things with photons.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

A vacuum is a vacuum, and how are you going to affect photons with that? There's not much in a vacuum to do anything to photons, except for general relativity effects like lensing. If you want to manipulate the photons you need something to do that, hence, waveguide. It's not a vacuum and can do some interesting things with photons.
well firstly dump the bunk relativity and any of its attributes and then find a way to do what i suggested to the photons

top topics

<<   2 >>

join