It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Life Is Now (Almost) Impossible to Deny

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkspace
a reply to: Arbitrageur

there is a difference between alien lifeforms, and Intelligent alien lifeforms
alien lifeforms can be a bacteria or amoebae for all we know
Don't argue over semantics and stay on topic

That darkspace is a funny fellow. Persistent to say the least.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
So we know there are billions of planets. How many have been found to have life?

Cant find life because humans have not been able to actually search them, if we could search them we would have already met other life. As again due to simple calculations, life must be present on a very large number of them.

The numbers, the methods of measuring light knowing what should be contained on those planets and knowing there positioning similar to our own makes them habitable planets. Thus, they should have life. Here is a list of a few.

Gliese 667 Cc Gliese 667 C
Kepler-442b Kepler-442
Kepler-452b Kepler-452
Wolf 1061c Wolf 1061 M3V
Kepler-1229b Kepler-1229
Kapteyn b* Kapteyn sdM1
Kepler-186f Kepler-186

They are just some.
edit on 22-8-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

What good are ufologists?

Economics.

Its just another way of money being spent and circulated.

Entertainment.

Those interested will buy books, watch movies, give youtube views to UFO channels etc etc.

Ideas will be formed for movies and TV shows.

Ufology creates more circulation of money.

Many ideas brought up in Alternative media do this, 2012, flat earth, Mandela effect etc etc.

They all create an avenue for more circulation of money.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Cant find life because humans have not been able to actually search them, if we could search them we would have already met other life. As again due to simple calculations, life must be present on a very large number of them.

That's an opinion. Can you quote this magic calculation?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

That's an opinion. Can you quote this magic calculation?

Your funny. Magic Calculation,
Sarcy...Sarc, Sarc ..... Sarcasm.

Drakes Eqaution
edit on 22-8-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

My mistake. Please fill in all those values so I can find the answer. In particular, please give me the values for ...
Fl =
Fi=
Fc=
edit on 22-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

My mistake. Please fill in all those values so I can find the answer. In particular, please give me the values for ...
Fl =
Fi=
Fc=

I gave you all the information you need, go search whatever else you want or need to know.

Your responses are not aiding anyone.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Love how you refuse to answer touch questions.

Drakes Eqaution

I just ran the equation and came out with 0. There is no alien life according to the Drake equation.

Fl, Fi, Fc all = 0

Therefor N = 0

If I am wrong, tell me how many planets outside Earth do we know have developed life? How many then developed intelligent life? How many signals have we verified?

As of this moment, the answer is 0.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Love how you refuse to answer touch questions.

Drakes Eqaution

I just ran the equation and came out with 0. There is no alien life according to the Drake equation.

Fl, Fi, Fc all = 0

Therefor N = 0

If I am wrong, tell me how many planets outside Earth do we know have developed life? How many then developed intelligent life? How many signals have we verified?

As of this moment, the answer is 0.

You are just one of those posters that seem to want to gratified by constantly replying to posts with your final answer. I find it amusing.

The point you are missing is that there will be life elsewhere. Just because we have yet to find it or detect ( at least to the publics knowledge ) does not mean it is not there. It is even apparent in simple maths. It's just a rather long winded waiting game.

I will leave it there with yourself friend.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Our galaxy contains a minimum of 100 billion planets. Of those, most are small planets like ours. Statistically, every star would have at least one planet. This means that the chances of life and habitable planets in our galaxy alone is overwhelmingly high. So high that it's impossible to deny that life is out there.

Wrong. Until we understand how life came to be on Earth, and until we find evidence of it elsewhere, we can't say for sure that there is life anywhere but Earth. One hundred billion seems like a lot, unless the odds of life rising up from dead chemicals is more like 1 in a quintillion. Then maybe not so much.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

No, the point you are missing is you can't say it's certainly there with no evidence. As of right now it's a big who knows. The only evidence you have provided is actually a logical fallacy.

Personal incredulity is not evidence.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Our galaxy contains a minimum of 100 billion planets. Of those, most are small planets like ours. Statistically, every star would have at least one planet. This means that the chances of life and habitable planets in our galaxy alone is overwhelmingly high. So high that it's impossible to deny that life is out there.

Wrong. Until we understand how life came to be on Earth, and until we find evidence of it elsewhere, we can't say for sure that there is life anywhere but Earth. One hundred billion seems like a lot, unless the odds of life rising up from dead chemicals is more like 1 in a quintillion. Then maybe not so much.

There could be multitudes of Quintillions of planets in our universe though. We still don't know how big the Universe is really.

There are two ways to look at this, both scientifically valid. You either have a theory that life is probably rare or that life is probably abundant. Neither view is wrong and neither can be proven wrong. The only thing that IS wrong would be to denigrate ir insult those that have the opposing view.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Life comes from acids colliding. In basic terms. You only need a acidic environment and you get basic life. Those planets that come back from equations as (maybes) are all deemed terrestrial planets and therefore have the same (acidic) building blocks as earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
For me, I would like to see more emphasis on making this planet better, rather than worrying about what is out there.

There are a lot of people out there (and in here) who just love the idea of finding and possibly meeting aliens and going for a ride on their spaceship where all their earthly troubles will be gone.

And most of these same people wouldn't even bother to travel to a nearby different country to see how other real people live life on Earth. Some of them are "exotic" enough to nearly classify as aliens. But they're just stupid people and not worth the time and effort to interact with.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Life comes from acids colliding. In basic terms. You only need a acidic environment and you get basic life. Those planets that come back from equations as (maybes) are all deemed terrestrial planets and therefore have the same (acidic) building blocks as earth.

Assuming that at some point in the last 14 billion years some colliding acids on Earth decided to reproduce, that still doesn't mean it happened anywhere else, or it would be happening everywhere, and in many, many different forms than just the single kind we find here on Earth.

So me. Show me where it happened more than once. Ever.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Assuming that at some point in the last 14 billion years some colliding acids on Earth decided to reproduce, that still doesn't mean it happened anywhere else, or it would be happening everywhere, and in many, many different forms than just the single kind we find here on Earth.

So me. Show me where it happened more than once. Ever.

Your asking for something that has obviously not been found yet. You ask me this question just like a religious person would ask a scientist where did everything come from. They also do not know the answer to that question but it is clear that there is a progression to understanding and seeing the direction advancements will come from.

The exact same beginning procedure for life on earth will be happening elsewhere on another rocky planet, there is not many requirements for there to be before there is another planet like earths. To the same degree, life does not need earth requirements to produce life.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
There could be multitudes of Quintillions of planets in our universe though. We still don't know how big the Universe is really.

There are two ways to look at this, both scientifically valid. You either have a theory that life is probably rare or that life is probably abundant. Neither view is wrong and neither can be proven wrong. The only thing that IS wrong would be to denigrate ir insult those that have the opposing view.

Well, we can look at it from an evidentiary point of view. How many planets do we know of with life on them? One. In a universe where there are potentially billions of planets that might develop life, how many have we found? None.

If life in the universe really is "abundant," how many planets will we have to look at until we find one another one where it exists?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
For me, I would like to see more emphasis on making this planet better, rather than worrying about what is out there.

There are a lot of people out there (and in here) who just love the idea of finding and possibly meeting aliens and going for a ride on their spaceship where all their earthly troubles will be gone.

And most of these same people wouldn't even bother to travel to a nearby different country to see how other real people live life on Earth. Some of them are "exotic" enough to nearly classify as aliens. But they're just stupid people and not worth the time and effort to interact with.

You make a lot of very broad statements my little blue friend.

Those people you talk of are thousands of scientists around the world working around the clock to discover life elsewhere. You think they all want a ride on a little space craft? Maybe some, might be some old school hippies who knows but let's be honest about this, this is as important as solving problems here on earth. Both are as valid as the other.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The exact same beginning procedure for life on earth will be happening elsewhere on another rocky planet, there is not many requirements for there to be before there is another planet like earths. To the same degree, life does not need earth requirements to produce life.

So in your estimation, there should be even more life in the universe than is required by an Earth-like environment. Unfortunately, that just means the total lack of evidence for other life is even more perplexing. If it can pop up pretty much everywhere, why does it seem that it isn't anywhere?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So in your estimation, there should be even more life in the universe than is required by an Earth-like environment. Unfortunately, that just means the total lack of evidence for other life is even more perplexing. If it can pop up pretty much everywhere, why does it seem that it isn't anywhere?

Yes, life in estimation and general understanding of production of life points to the fact that yes there should be abundance of life elsewhere and everywhere in the universe. You see it is hard to understand for us on earth that there could be such abundance with such a lonely vibe to our existence, the darkness looks so bleak. However our very small view of the galaxy, (observable universe is tiny) If we was to believe and very easy to do so that it continues on and on. Then the grand scale of life will become seriously overpopulated.

Life is perplexing as it is, but even on earth there is fish that survive in acid rich waters that you and I would die in if we even so much as submerged ourselves lightly into. Then we have sea plankton surviving in space, link. This leaves us a little lost as humans as basically, life can exist outside of our goldilocks world.

So our view of life is a tunnel vision, again just because we have yet to find it. Does not mean it is not there, it is because we are looking in a very TINY spectrum and cannot reach those places as of yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join