It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Life Is Now (Almost) Impossible to Deny

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
if aliens landed tomorrow, could you imagine the furore around here about which toilet they could use?

Whichever toilet they felt properly identified them, obviously.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29 Not sure why others are arguing that there isn't life on other planets around the universe?

You, too, huh? My original question to the OP in this thread was WHO, exactly, argues that there is no life on other planets? And so far no one has come up with anyone. So why do people keep asking? NOBODY CLAIMS THAT! NOBODY SAYS THAT! So why do you keep claiming there are people who do? Like I said earlier, there may be a curmudgeon or two somewhere who claims that, but culturally speaking, it's a complete NON issue. Nobody claims that. Why do people feel inclined to say that they do?

Lol a little angry are we?

Ok to your question, it just seems people are about to argue, if you read my second part i said (ok not arguing).

Sorry. I feel like people are not listening. The question was asked and answered, then people ask the very same question again and again in the same thread, not to mention the near weekly appearance of the same exact thread. The issue is over and done with. Where is the face palm emoji?

That's ok i feel the same.. Almost same threads with same question's and answers each week, I agree it should be over with,, but i definitely know it won't be till it's fact (life on other planets on the news) for those non believers or don't want to find out etc.

Fact is, it's to vast of a universe for their not too be life..That my view.
edit on 20-8-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Hi. Your thread has given me a bit of a boot in the ass to finish a thread that is rather a different type on concerning ETs on ATS. I hope I can get it done and out by tomorrow. it should make a lively discussion. But some people such as Violater1 seem to need pictures to gain insights into the state of the evolving reality of being human. I won't be posting pictures either, but short, clear words for Violater1. I hope they will suffice.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Is it alien if it hasn't been to Earth? humm...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Hi. Your thread has given me a bit of a boot in the ass to finish a thread that is rather a different type on concerning ETs on ATS. I hope I can get it done and out by tomorrow. it should make a lively discussion. But some people such as Violater1 seem to need pictures to gain insights into the state of the evolving reality of being human. I won't be posting pictures either, but short, clear words for Violater1. I hope they will suffice.

Sounds good, I prefer ATS to be directed towards ET's space talk then your average news bulletin. I look forward to reading it.

Yeah not sure what to say to some people in threads sometimes, seems some people get very much rilled over nothing. Normally down to most missing my point too, if it says alien in the title then you get the ''not another alien topic'' when it had nothing to do with such.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
Normally down to most missing my point too, if it says alien in the title then you get the ''not another alien topic'' when it had nothing to do with such.
So you're saying this thread titled:

which has alien in the title is ''not another alien topic'' and it has nothing to do with such?

What?

If your thread isn't about aliens, then maybe you shouldn't use a title with aliens in it?

There are no doubt other planets but it seems to me a missing piece of the puzzle is that we don't understand the process of abiogenesis. Some people assume it's inevitable if conditions are right but that's just an unfounded assumption, and until we understand the process, or find evidence of life on other worlds, we have no way of knowing how likely or unlikely it is.

Another unknown is how likely intelligent life is to evolve if life exists. There are other worlds in our own solar system that are thought might have life, like Mars, but the chances of that life being intelligent are slim.

Even on the only planet with life we know of, technological intelligence like ours is such a rare trait, it hasn't existed for almost all of Earth's existence, which might partly explain the Fermi paradox if the Earth is in any way typical of usually not harboring technologically intelligent life.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I wanted to read your op.. but found i coudn't concentrate on it for your avatar and background!

Please get rid of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I like the people that follow ufologists, even know Eisenhower met with space aliens in 195x, and know that grays are evil, yet still call for government disclosure. Said it once, I'll say it again. What good are ufologists?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
It's a tough universe. Mean galaxy.

Measurements of the galactic abundance of the isotope aluminum-26, which is a common by-product of type II supernovae, have allowed astronomers to ascertain that a supernova explodes on average once every 50 years. Meanwhile, previous studies have indicated that a supernova can have a deleterious effect on any habitable planet within 30 light years.

You may be wondering, so what? What does this have to do with anything? Well, in order to satisfy the heavy element condition, you have to be reasonably close to the galactic center (i.e. not near the edge of the galaxy). Fair enough, there is still quite a lot of galaxy to choose from. But in order to avoid high energy radiation from nearly continuous supernovae you want to steer clear of the inner third of the galaxy.

NASA seems to disagree on our location in the galaxy.

Solar System Location

Looks more like halfway to the centre. That said it's all just guessing until we can send a probe out of the galaxy and look back.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAiIsLying

Or is it Mandela Effect. Just joking.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

(snip)
Our galaxy contains a minimum of 100 billion planets. Of those, most are small planets like ours. Statistically, every star would have at least one planet. This means that the chances of life and habitable planets in our galaxy alone is overwhelmingly high. So high that it's impossible to deny that life is out there. The rough estimate is that there are at least 10 billion terrestrial planets across our galaxy alone.

That number is hard to imagine but it is clear, this there are many many planets that are just in our back garden. There's no doubt that, statistically, there's life out there. This is without mentioning that there is roughly 500 billion galaxies within our own universe.
snip

Not, it is NOT impossible, it's normal. You sound like Frank Drake: x amount of planets = ergo: life.

BS! We are it for the moment. Wait until another non-earthling appears and is able to convince, somehow, that it came from somewhere else, NOT earth, we still can't accept it until we go to the being's planet and verify his/hers/it claim.

Earthlings 1, aliens 0. That's reality.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

I wanted to read your op.. but found i coudn't concentrate on it for your avatar and background!

Please get rid of it.

Odd, your on the internet and you have a problem with a gif. Sorry but it remains as long as ATS allows the use of such.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Normally down to most missing my point too, if it says alien in the title then you get the ''not another alien topic'' when it had nothing to do with such.
So you're saying this thread titled:

which has alien in the title is ''not another alien topic'' and it has nothing to do with such?

What?

If your thread isn't about aliens, then maybe you shouldn't use a title with aliens in it?

Alien only means a being from another world, life. Hence I use the word Alien.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Alien only means a being from another world, life. Hence I use the word Alien.
That doesn't explain how it's ''not another alien topic'' and it has "nothing to do with such" as you put it.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

there is a difference between alien lifeforms, and Intelligent alien lifeforms
alien lifeforms can be a bacteria or amoebae for all we know
Don't argue over semantics and stay on topic

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkspace
Don't argue over semantics and stay on topic
OP said his thread about aliens is not about aliens, and I'm asking for clarification of that statement, it seems to me like that is the topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

read the OP again

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: darkspace
OP says: " There's no doubt that, statistically, there's life out there." Sounds like he's talking about alien life. That doesn't explain how this thread is not about aliens. Also I would change that to it's likely. Until we have proof, there's room for some doubt however small.

edit on 2016822 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

pictures, or it never happened. Remember, this sites audience likes some sort of reference ie. links, photos or videos.

these people might want to learn probability

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
So we know there are billions of planets. How many have been found to have life?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join