It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Life Is Now (Almost) Impossible to Deny

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Our galaxy contains a minimum of 100 billion planets. Of those, most are small planets like ours. Statistically, every star would have at least one planet. This means that the chances of life and habitable planets in our galaxy alone is overwhelmingly high. So high that it's impossible to deny that life is out there. The rough estimate is that there are at least 10 billion terrestrial planets across our galaxy alone.

That number is hard to imagine but it is clear, this there are many many planets that are just in our back garden. There's no doubt that, statistically, there's life out there. This is without mentioning that there is roughly 500 billion galaxies within our own universe.

The difference is science now have these numbers as concrete and thus puts the human race at a point where we now understand we are not alone. Most of us tend to want evidence in terms of photographs, videos or actually seeing these things in person. However with our current technology standing at a point where we cannot reach these distant planets, it put's the human race at a huge disadvantage.

However with this in mind, this can be looked at like so...

We are fish in a pond, only aware of our pond and nothing else. However critical to perspective, being land walkers we know of all that is to offer. Our intelligence grants us more opportunities and so as we continue to grow, so does our perspective and ability to see past the pond we are in.

At the same rate as understanding this principle, it should show many of us the reasons why we have not found life yet. (At least, to the general publics knowledge) We have not really begun searching......

edit on 20-8-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
pictures, or it never happened.
Remember, this sites audience likes some sort of reference ie. links, photos or videos.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

That pic looks like the game No Man's Sky.
I agree with you as far as there being alien life out there. Mathematically there just has to be, in my opinion. Now if we live in some controlled matrix, I guess it could be set up if they wanted, for it to be just us. Who knows.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

and that is only in the observable universe
so the numbers are probably a lot higher than this

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

That pic looks like the game No Man's Sky.
I agree with you as far as there being alien life out there. Mathematically there just has to be, in my opinion. Now if we live in some controlled matrix, I guess it could be set up if they wanted, for it to be just us. Who knows.

Yes that game I have played and certainly depicts the seemingly endless nature of our very universe very well.

Interesting theory, maybe there is a bigger card game at hand condoning us to this very lonely existence in the darkness.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkspace

and that is only in the observable universe
so the numbers are probably a lot higher than this

Certainly. That is often something that rolls off my tongue also friend when people mention such things like this topic to me, I often sit in pondering and saying the same, well that is just what we can see. What about the rest.

I am sure as you say, the numbers are more staggering then anyone could conceive right now.

- I also think our ability to travel among the stars is hindered by our misinterpretation of the universe, I bet there is a little backdoor somewhere to each planet.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Amount of planets with proven life: 1
Amount of planets with proven intelligent life on top of that: 1 (the amount of intelligence is arguable)

Statistically speaking, there is only life on 1 planet. It wont change until we prove life on a second planet.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
- I also think our ability to travel among the stars is hindered by our misinterpretation of the universe, I bet there is a little backdoor somewhere to each planet.

There might be "shortcuts", but not in the conventional way of thinking

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
We can pick up x-rays and radios waves generated by the big bang billions of years ago, but can not pick up one alien sitcom? We need to movie to a local group with better programing.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
We can pick up x-rays and radios waves generated by the big bang billions of years ago, but can not pick up one alien sitcom? We need to movie to a local group with better programing.
to explain it in ways when i personally cant find the right words
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's a tough universe. Mean galaxy.

Measurements of the galactic abundance of the isotope aluminum-26, which is a common by-product of type II supernovae, have allowed astronomers to ascertain that a supernova explodes on average once every 50 years. Meanwhile, previous studies have indicated that a supernova can have a deleterious effect on any habitable planet within 30 light years.

You may be wondering, so what? What does this have to do with anything? Well, in order to satisfy the heavy element condition, you have to be reasonably close to the galactic center (i.e. not near the edge of the galaxy). Fair enough, there is still quite a lot of galaxy to choose from. But in order to avoid high energy radiation from nearly continuous supernovae you want to steer clear of the inner third of the galaxy.

edit on 20-8-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Every time one of these threads comes up I wonder who has ever denied it. I have personally never met anyone who has denied there is life elsewhere. To me it's a Straw Man argument. Somebody decides there are "billions and billions" of stars, therefore....life! as if no one has ever thought of that before. Reveling in their new-found brilliance they decide there must be a whole lot of deniers out there, so they decide to show these unseen deniers a thing or two and "prove" it by showing overwhelming numbers. Now there may actually be a few curmudgeons in the woodwork who are deniers, but they certainly are not culturally significant any more than flat-earthers, of which there are probably many more.

The Bottom Line is that the argument is completely unnecessary. And when you get right down to it, it doesn't actually prove anything. You're just playing with statistics.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Ok. Thanks?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I like the princess in the castle analogy, looking out of her window at the world around her, she can't see very far, has never been let out of the walls to see whats over the next hill, doesn't know if there are other castles, towns or countries, etc.

Without ever having ventured beyond her lonely tower perch, she can't really make any informed conclusions about what lies beyond her visual range, only presumptions.

But she has to say to herself, I am here, my parents bore me, there are people from who knows where all around me, there has to be some place else they all came from, they didn't just appear here or grow in the basement.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It seems to have intelligent life the main ingredient is time. We are lucky to have a Jupiter guardian to give us eons of stability. I wonder how many independent lifeforms have been wiped out before they get intelligent just because they don't have all the right mix of ingredients. I often wonder what life would be like on earth if it didn't have to overcome things we take for granted, like seasons. I wonder how much of an effect things like tidal forces from our moon have.

I love threads that make me think of the scope and variety of the universe.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Not to talk about if carbon based life, is the only kind of lifeforms that exists. we may have to redefine what life is as we learn more about the universe we currently inhabit

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
if aliens landed tomorrow, could you imagine the furore around here about which toilet they could use?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: darkspace

Absolutely, I'd love to see life not based on DNA for example.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

I believe we are in for a lot of exciting and surprising "new" discoveries in the years to come

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
a reply to: darkspace

Absolutely, I'd love to see life not based on DNA for example.

it has already been found. i'd missed these news myself
science.nasa.gov...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join