It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sacrifice & The Old Man.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's a funny title with a funny dream which sounds like a really funny story that would not happen from my personal point of view.

I awoke in what seemed like Jerusalem there were people on the streets in prayer and business was going as usual. While passing by a cafe that had a news channel on there was something regarding an economical devastation and multi national aid disaster relief being sent to the U.S. I did not pay too much attention although now I think I should have paid great attention to the small details.

As I kept walking through the narrow streets I came upon a hill and sat down to enjoy the view, beside me came an old man with a cane dressed in what almost looked like a robe. He said to me "They live their life always wondering if there is something more, they devote hours and years seeking for something that is right in front of their noses". I chuckled lightly and said "Well that's religion for you once it was a straight forward map of directions, now it's just an infinite maze and people don't know what is up and where is down".

The old man laughed ever so lightly and then asked me a strange question he asked "Would you ever sacrifice yourself for them?", I looked at him with a blank face thinking to myself "Why would I ever do such a silly thing?". So I then said "Why would I do that? Are they not all doomed? Supporting wars, oppression, suffering and hate, most of them don't even pay any attention and instead they choose to ignore the issues of the world", he looked at me and placed his hand on my shoulder and said "Maybe they need someone to show them the way". I started to shake my head and began to laugh then I said "Last time someone showed them the way they crucified him, not to mention the many others that were murdered and then they got the message wrong and established churches filled with lies". After I stopped laughing I looked at him seriously and said "I'm not interested in being the teacher or the savior it's not my job and I would not sacrifice myself for humanity, why would I sacrifice myself for someone who kills one another for paper,plastic, cotton and ink?".

That is when the old man chuckled and smiled and said to me "Don't be so quick to judge yourself and them, I believe you are more noble than you say and time can change all things". That's when I got up dusted my pants off and said "Thank you for stopping by and I'd rather not be the sacrificial lamb that dies for humanity" he then stood up shook my hand and while smiling said "You never know what time will bring".

I then woke up in my bed looking outside my window staring at the sun shining through the leaves and branches of the tree outside.

I wonder who this old man was?
Am I really more noble than I think I am?
Would I sacrifice myself for humanity if given the opportunity?
Why would I be hinted at sacrificing myself for humanity?
What exactly will time bring?

Why would I be suggested to show someone the way? I'm not a teacher hell I'd be really bad at the job

In all seriousness this old man gave me a massive headache trying to figure this out

Better yet - Why am I writing this on here
Am I hoping someone else will help connect the dots or reveal who this old man is

Yet, at the same time I think that this was just a wild imagination based situation my mind cooked up

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Anyway, I am heading off back to sleep, I woke up just to write this up as it was bugging me all night.

I need my beauty rest

Will read your awesome suggestions and interesting theories in the morning my fellow searchers of the truth.

Rest well

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChuckster

I've been getting a number of "time to step up" dreams too lately. I don't interpret it as necessarily a martyrdom kind of thing though, in mine. Maybe a bunch of us are being encouraged in this way? Maybe it's more of a do the right thing when the opportunity presents itself.....

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The Egg.

www.galactanet.com...

You're the old man.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My direct messages from my experiences where that we are not to sacrifice ourselves. The Universe is Fed Up completely of sacrifice, and the entire dark side worlds, testing grounds that demand that level for advancement.

Real values, real altruism, is not a lone wolf mystic who throws his life away, but someone who is Mother's values, loves family and uplifts friends.

The real meaning of sacrifice is gnostic, its inner: it means giving up selfishness, thinking of others.

Now, that is not to say a hero that is urged to save lives within at the moment is doing wrong. Hero's still exist, but they'r e not sacrificial lambs either.

And most people are wonderful, not doomed souls. By the way. 30% or less are darker. And even they need lots of healing and loving prayers and thoughts sent their way, but we are to speak up, safely. Safety is a number 1 priority for all people and anything that demands we can't be free without being safe, is a dark side trap, and a violation of cosmic law, and you simply refuse to play their rule game. Their game is a crime and you don't answer to them.

I think that dream has inner meanings, sacrifice isn't a literal fundamental idea of dying for another , but means shifting your life and values to change your judgements on others.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Like Noah, Moses and Socrates said, you want me to do what?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

please describe how the "old" man looked what clothes he was wearing?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Old man take a look at my life....

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkspace

please describe how the "old" man looked what clothes he was wearing?

He wore a greyish white robe without a hood and yet it just looked like pants and a very very long shirt, he was a bit tanned but I guess like any person living in the Middle East. He had short frizzy hair probably from the humidity and the scorching sun, his hair was grey with streaks of silver white.

He had a medium sized beard and yet it was very well kept almost as if groomed. There was something about his smile I can not quiet tell. Also I am hearing a small high pitched tone, with a bit of a radio like static mixed in.

Hm.. I shall say he was a strange old man

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
The Egg.

www.galactanet.com...

You're the old man.

My future me needs to stop screwing around with my past me, I guess he is just getting very excited?

Maybe he has a banner up saying happy birthday

So, like the moment I pop out he'd have balloons drop and confetti fall and you know have one of those party whistles? Hahahaha.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Like Noah, Moses and Socrates said, you want me to do what?

Thanks but no thanks!

Noah died of pancreatic cancer because of all the heavy drinking he did, I guess hearing thousands of people in your vicinity drown in screams as specially women and children takes a toll.

Moses died alone and went slowly insane wondering if he did the right thing.

Socrates well that's another story for another time.

These so called saviors keep living really messed up lives after carrying out any so called mission/work for God or whatever it is.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

These so called saviors keep living really messed up lives after carrying out any so called mission/work for God or whatever it is.

So you were just clowning then about being called to do something valuable? What is your calling again, "chuckle-ster"?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So you were just clowning then about being called to do something valuable? What is your calling again, "chuckle-ster"?

Oh no I was called, but I am just trying to see the risk vs reward in it all. Don't really want to end up like Noah or Moses not the best way to go man.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I have sat on your post all day...

I believe we are all teachers...sometimes in what may seem to some the smallest way and the impact may never be noticed by the 'teacher'. Isn't that the beauty of it? We impart little bits of knowledge and/or wisdom and never realize. I think it is about being true to yourself and speaking your truth. The sacrifice may be speaking your truth when it is in circumstances that are difficult.

Even children can be teachers.

My 4-5 year old grandson and his mom ran in to one of his friends he hadn't seen in a while. They ran to each other with open arms. I missed you, I love you they said to each other. My grandson is white, the little girl black. Neither noticed skin color yet it speaks volumes for anyone who observed.

I think you don't know the power you have with just little things.

It is a butterflies wings.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

If you do it right, you will be persecuted for it. The powers that be don't want to hear the truth.

Modern parallels are Manning, Assange, Snowden, and thats a short list.

new topics

top topics

join