It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Priory of Sion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

The problem is that you're relying on the Bible for this documentation.

No christianity is relying on the bible. another problem that arises is that
so who was Mary doing the wild thang with?

No. Everything relies on the Bible. No Bible, no Jesus - married or not. It's as simple as that. All that exists outside of the Bible is one mention by Josephus. Of course that all depends on wether you view the Nag Hamedi texts as Biblical but as they were found in the area that was thought to be populated by the people involved in the Jesus story, they can't be counted as documentation, rather scriptural.

there is no verifiable evidence that the Masons were ever anything but a beer and brats club in the 18th century that cought on either.

Actually it was the 17th. But so what? I've never stated otherwise.

as to the debunking, with the advent and widespread use of this medium
what a better way to use the most common tool of the Inteligence community? DISINFORMATION , the light has now been diverted and they can go about their business.

Great idea. Bring something to light that nobody has ever seen before so you can debunk it. Wouldn't it be far, far simpler to just let it lie?

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Actually it was the 17th. But so what? I've never stated otherwise.

you are right I forgot that there are a few recorded initations in the 1600s

the Priory is kind of like the Marraige of Jesus can't prove it one way or the other.

as I recall there is also mention of Jesus in the Qu'ran

[edit on 4-2-2005 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
From what i can make out. The Priory is infact fake, even though Brown states at the Priory is a real secrect sect.

It was hoaxed by three very clever french men and the whole thing got out of hand.

Brown builds on growing speculation that Jesus was actually married to Mary Magdalen and a child was conceived. Not a totally out there thought as there is much of his life not accounted for in the bible. The church have also now admitted that Magdelen was no prostitue as depicted in the bible.

The subject is to vast to go into in depth. Just remember the book is work of fiction even though any one who reads it would love the ideas to be real.

Steve

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The Priory is fake?

Does that mean there is no hidden knowledge, in your opinion?

If you ignore (or don't 'believe' in) the use of symbolism, I can see how it would be easy to assume it is all 'make believe'.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If fake, then what made Berenger Sauniere so wealthy? He found papers in Rennes Les Chateaux that interested the European Royalty enough for some to pay him visits in person.
Is the Templar order also fake then? And if so, then is Jacques DeMolay, Roger BelleChance, and the ancient Masonic/Templar connection also just fiction?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
No i do belive that Brown as well as the authors of Holy Grail, Holy Blood may be onto something.

I know one thing, it makes a hell of a good story.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
To Blackguard.

He got so welthy by selling prayers to people, kind of an old days scam, nothing more.

Tony Robinson found this out on the TV Documentry 'The Real Davinchi Code'

The three men who made up the Priory Story never ment it to get so out of hand.

The Templar are real, they were a very rich organisation that seem to have many historical links to 'The Grail'

Just what happened i guess we will never know.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

He got so welthy by selling prayers to people, kind of an old days scam, nothing more.

actually he was chargedwith simonyby his bishop but exonerated by the vatican. more of robinsons misinformation?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
To Blackguard.

Tony Robinson found this out on the TV Documentry 'The Real Davinchi Code'

The three men who made up the Priory Story never ment it to get so out of hand.

The Templar are real, they were a very rich organisation that seem to have many historical links to 'The Grail'

Just what happened i guess we will never know.
SB UK

He sold prayers? To whom? That is very unlikely, considering he was in a very poor, small parish, way out in the countryside. It is not like there were tourbuses arriving daily like there are now.
You may be right about the Priory, I don't know. I assume you are accusing Baigent, Leigh, and Lincoln of the fabrication?
I have read dozens of texts on the Templars, and I have a pretty good idea what happened, and my view is that we will know. imho

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hadn't realised Nigdan et al had been back talking balls again, bet they have been using the fact that I haven't replied until now to do things in some other place and time that is completely unconnected with anything happening here, as if it somehow gives them a leg-in to be able to cause trouble someplace, as if I was cowering away in reality and couldn't muster a comeback on some forum........sad that things like that are being allowed to use machinery at all, the poor machines will become as crazy as the idiot humans are, because so many morons are being allowed to use them to knowingly spread lies and deciet and take away all reality from all good people..........way to go, person that lets nigdans' types have computers, God won't be frying you for all eternity at all....

all about ''nigdans''

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by duff beer dragon
Hadn't realised Nigdan et al had been back talking balls again, bet they have been using the fact that I haven't replied until now to do things in some other place and time that is completely unconnected with anything happening here, as if it somehow gives them a leg-in to be able to cause trouble someplace, as if I was cowering away in reality and couldn't muster a comeback on some forum........sad that things like that are being allowed to use machinery at all, the poor machines will become as crazy as the idiot humans are, because so many morons are being allowed to use them to knowingly spread lies and deciet and take away all reality from all good people..........way to go, person that lets nigdans' types have computers, God won't be frying you for all eternity at all....

all about ''nigdans''

Just what in the world are you talking about?!?!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
oh, the irony, he quotes about investigating first yet fails irrevocably to perform the task set in his (sorry, or hers) signature.

be still my beating internally modified oraange or
organs.

Diagnosis : get educated, THEN comment, or, follow the signature you have there

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by duff beer dragon
oh, the irony, he quotes about investigating first yet fails irrevocably to perform the task set in his (sorry, or hers) signature.

be still my beating internally modified oraange or
organs.

Diagnosis : get educated, THEN comment, or, follow the signature you have there

How do you get "her" from AxeMAN. Seems pretty obvious what my gender is.

I'm asking you what the hell your post has to do with anything being discussed here. Seeing as you are the one that wrote it, I suppose the first logical step in INVESTIGATION would be to ask YOU, don't you think?

Diagnosis:

[edit on 2/12/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hey Axe ol buddy i agree with you

WTF OVER

edit on 12-2-2005 by stalkingwolf

[edit on 12-2-2005 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You will find information on the Priory of Sion on the following websites.

www.alpheus.org...

priory-of-sion.com...

wikipedia.org also has some interesting articles on the Priory of Sion and related subjects.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
ive never heard of the Priory of Sion, only fromr reading the Da Vinci code. The Priory of Sion is just like John Titor, a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join