It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media, Hillary, Trump and correcting the record.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I was going to post this in another thread but it was a little off the topic and needs its own thread.
If anyone travels over to the Hillary for president subreddit I read lots and lots of comment's talking about how the media is biased against Hillary and that they don't give her enough air time. However from what I read, see and feel is this.

It's not trumps fault the media always reports on him, 95% of what they report is always something negative about him anyway. When Bernie was running against Hillary 20 out of 21 articles or news videos were reporting "negative" things about him too. Doesn't that tell you something? Trumps bad, Bernie's bad, 3rd party candidates get so little attention and if they do its "negative" see the pattern yet? You look at the Hillary for president subreddit and Hillary supporter's complain and say the msm is all for trump and is biased against Hillary seriously? Every supporter of Hillary has no credibility anymore and are called paid shills when they go online and protest that Hillary is a Savior even if those supporters are genuine and not being paid to correct the record they will still be called shills and the reason why they have no credibility? It's an easy answer its her own fault for the loss of that credibility...whys that? if Hillary's campaign "needs" over 6 million to fund such a program, how are we supposed to know 100% that those "genuine" supporters pockets aren't being filled with a portion of that 6 million she needs to "correcting" the record.

I'll add this I'm from Australia we get a very very small glimpse(rarely) on our news of the American presidential race. And I can tell you one thing for sure. I have never ever seen one negative thing spoken about Hillary, however when ever it was Bernie or trump being spoken about it was "negative" and nothing different from that. 100% they make Hillary look like an Angel and anyone against her scum.

I would like to know everyone else's thoughts on this. Do you think the media is biased against Trump or Hillary and or other candidates? Do you think that Hillary supporter's can't be '"trusted" because of the public knowledge of "correct the record"?

Note: when I say media Im speaking of the msm.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: justneo

I think most of this has been gone over in depth on this site. It depends on your perspective who is getting more media attention and more negative attention.

In regard to CTR, that is funded by a superpac not the campaign. I am sure there are people for trump doing the same thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: justneo

I'll add this I'm from Australia we get a very very small glimpse(rarely) on our news of the American presidential race. And I can tell you one thing for sure. I have never ever seen one negative thing spoken about Hillary,

There are plenty of negative stories about the Clinton Foundation and the email scandal in the mainstream U.S. media. Try a search engine.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

If the MSM hit hillary half as hard as they hit Trump, she'd be out of the running.

She's what the establishment wants.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

And what would your perspective be?

This is from factcheck.org
Unlike other independent-expenditure only super PACs, which areprohibited by the Federal Election Commission from coordinating with campaigns or political parties, Correct the Record plans to work closely with the Clinton campaign. That’s because, the group says, it does not plan to spend money to run ads. Instead, the PAC intends to use its website and social media platforms to counter claims made about Clinton.

Superpac they may be, they are working closely with Hillarys campaign.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I tried to find full "negative" stories that didn't try to deflect from how bad it really is on these issues on the msm. Can you link me to some please?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When Hillary Clinton tells a bunch of rich people she's going to raise taxes on the middle class, CNN says it was a gaff. She didn't mean it. She's not going to raise taxes on the middle class.

When Donald Trump says something about the Second Amendment, CNN says he's speaking in code to crazy people with guns asking them to assassinate Clinton. I guess kudos are in order for the crackerjack cryptography team at CNN for breaking the code that only crazy people with guns were supposed to understand.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

And what would your perspective be?

This is from factcheck.org
Unlike other independent-expenditure only super PACs, which areprohibited by the Federal Election Commission from coordinating with campaigns or political parties, Correct the Record plans to work closely with the Clinton campaign. That’s because, the group says, it does not plan to spend money to run ads. Instead, the PAC intends to use its website and social media platforms to counter claims made about Clinton.

Superpac they may be, they are working closely with Hillarys campaign.

If that is found to be illegal by a court, they will have to answer to that.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I forget, how many of those federal court judges did Bill put on the bench? Also forget how many in the judicial department were influenced in some way by the richest of the rich who support hillary...

We have already seen the derilict of duty the DOJ and courts have had towards anything against her...what makes you think it would change?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I didn't say anything about it being illegal, how your words were used it sounded like you think ctr is totally separate to the campaign. I was just showing you that it's not.

And you still haven't told me your perspective yet?
edit on 20-8-2016 by justneo because: Added material

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I think Trump was getting much more positive attention from the media during the primaries than the other GOP candidates. Heck, I think the media was siding with him more when he was attacking Cruz and Bush! Both Bush and Cruz were attacked by the press for saying and doing questionable things. Sure Trump was attacked for saying some stupid things, which was reported by both the bias liberal and conservative media. Trump overwhelmed the news media everyday during the primaries which was free press attention which helped him gain support and win the nomination.

Now Trump's complaining because he's being attacked by then same media for more outrageous remarks. The media is all about getting their ratings up. What better way to get viewers to tune in than to see what the next stupid thing Trump said! If he doesn't want to call attention to himself maybe he needs to stop running his mouth, talk more about the issues, give more details on his plans, and just act more presidential. It can't be too difficult to tone down his rhetoric. Unless of course he just can't control himself, in which case he's screwed! When Trump's own political spinsters are having trouble defending things he says, viewers can't be so gullible and just ignore it!

Both candidates have their own dirty laundry. Trump should be the wiser and stop calling attention to himself and start pounding away at Clinton's scandals. The media knows Trump gathers attention. Heck, I know friends and relatives who are not voting for Trump but went to his rally just to get some laughs or see if anything crazy was going to happen, lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I tried to find full "negative" stories that didn't try to deflect from how bad it really is on these issues on the msm. Can you link me to some please?

This after sixty seconds of surfing:

New York Times

Washington Post

CNN
edit on 20-8-2016 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I'll add this I'm from Australia we get a very very small glimpse(rarely) on our news of the American presidential race. And I can tell you one thing for sure. I have never ever seen one negative thing spoken about Hillary, however when ever it was Bernie or trump being spoken about it was "negative" and nothing different from that. 100% they make Hillary look like an Angel and anyone against her scum.

I would like to know everyone else's thoughts on this. Do you think the media is biased against Trump or Hillary and or other candidates? Do you think that Hillary supporter's can't be '"trusted" because of the public knowledge of "correct the record"?

Note: when I say media Im speaking of the msm.

You do say, "our news" and in that case you need to look to your own TV stations for the content which could be biased for whatever reason, and you do have Sky to do a bit of channel hopping worldwide anyway. As well as that, many stations use Youtube, and as far as I see it, both Presidential candidates get a bashing when there is a story, which at the moment, there are quite a few controversial ones on the go for both of them in their dealings, and while Trump can add to his quota with his lack of tact.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Here are a couple of nuggets I like to share. I'll also toss in another even more important link and in that link it goes onto actually show that ALL the US media is kneaded/massaged to fit an agenda(s). That'll be at the end. Because some folks don't like to look at links, these show how while the Head of the State Department, Mrs. Clinton 'lost' $6 Billion US Dollars. Can I assume that You're aware of Her current debacle dealing with the security of Her e-mails? That is what is called a "distraction" a distraction with ZERO traction, spinning the wheels while the actual crime, THEFT OF FUNDS goes on w/out a hitch..

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.activistpost.com...

You might want to watch this first; it may save You the waste of time digging into these.. What if You found out something really, really cool what then? Nothing...

www.youtube.com...

It is comforting to know that You know though...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

That was a trick. She said "we aren't going to raise taxes" but the captioning said "we are going to raise taxes".
She never said it even by mistake. 🎶 sorry...🎶

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

That was a trick. She said "we aren't going to raise taxes" but the captioning said "we are going to raise taxes".
She never said it even by mistake. 🎶 sorry...🎶

Bummer. I thought I was seeing that rarest of rare birds; a campaign promise that would actually be kept. It sounded more believable than anything else I've heard in this election. Heck, I still believe it. By the time she takes office, we'll be $20 trillion in debt. What else is she going to do? Raise taxes on the poor? Raise taxes on the wealthy people and organizations that supported her? Cut DoD spending? Cut back on the War on Terror? Cut foreign aid to Israel?

I think smart money would say that the middle class is getting a tax increase no matter what.

I guess it's just a sign of the times that politicians can't even accidentally tell the truth.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I can admit yes msm do mention cf and the emails(rarely) but I do not see any type of investigation into said things. They are just posting these article's to not seem "biased" if they aren't biased they would actually dig in to said situations and expose them for how bad they really are and like i said they try to deflect from how bad these situations are. do you really think the msm have done proper job on reporting the cf and emails?

And yet they wait for trump or others to say something they can take out of context to spin it any way they like.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The content our news gets is from your msm. Aus msm is run by USA msm. They are no different only in the fact that we see it and you don't. And I'd like to point out. I read and watch more of American msm then I do of Australian msm.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Thanks for posting this, again more evidence that you just can't trust any Hillary supporter because you cant say for 100% they aren't getting paid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join