It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on PC, Lets get ugly.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Short people next.

They've done that. There was even a song made about short people.....
Although it was a good song.

Blondes have also been done. Most of the blonde jokes, really aren't very jokey......

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Best post I've seen in months.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
And let's be plain while we're here, PC is ultimately hypocritical. It's all about no one being offended or using offensive language, but it is perfectly fine with people using any kind of hurtful, offensive language they want in order to police the PC standards and there are plenty of groups who do not have entire PC codices defining how we can and cannot interact with them.

And finally, as someone who makes her living off of language and knowing what it actually does mean ... I find PC itself ultimately offensive as it attempts to radically alter words and their meaning to create meanings that simply do not exist or alter words to mean things they do not for the sake of their crusade. Sometimes, one has to wonder if anyone taught some of these people how to crack open and dictionary at all while they were in school.
edit on 20-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingNomadd
a reply to: Hefficide

The best course yes

But PC Warfare is a multifaced objective and I don't think peoples feelings are one of those faces.

PC Warfare? That is a thing? Also, it is about rights and being civil.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: Hefficide

The best course yes

But PC Warfare is a multifaced objective and I don't think peoples feelings are one of those faces.

PC Warfare? That is a thing? Also, it is about rights and being civil.

It has nothing to do anymore with either civil rights or civility. You can reference the example I posted yesterday with the Clemson QB thinking that a term that existed before black QBs did is actually a secret, racist code term for black QB.

It is all about how he "feels" about the term and nothing about what it actually means or refers to. That has absolutely nothing about either actual civil rights or civility. From this point on, anyone who refers to that QB as a dual threat QB which is by legitimate description of his play ability what he is is being racist because that only how he "feels" about it. It's solely about the impact.

Remember that black guy who went nuts and shot his coworker live on the air? Watermelon was racist to him, so that every time someone brought a piece of watermelon to work for their lunch ... he took it as a racial slight. It wasn't a d@mn thing about civil rights or civility either one, it was all about how he "felt" about it, and his coworkers were defenseless about that. They can't read his mind! They don't know what makes him feel bad.

This is where PC is off the tracks.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It used to be that we had this concept called ... morality. People were raised to treat others as they wanted to be treated themselves.

YES!! Where did respect and good manners go?

So we are all taught to do as we want,

Special *snowflake syndrome*

Except that means we are becoming a bunch of self-absorbed, narcissistic twits who think everything everyone else say and does is a personal slight against us ... hence, everyone is offended by everything.

Time to grow a thicker skin!! and remove the chip of the shoulder?

This new morality is all about no one ever being offended. It is completely rooted in the impact of what someone has said and done and not in the intent of what was said and done which means you can never, ever be safe in anything you say or do because you have no way of knowing if what you say or do might offend someone in some way ... even if you are trying to be courteous and respectful in all you say or do.

We need to understand That we cant please all of the people all of the time

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Short people next.

And **Gingers**?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

I will respond to myself to avoid writing 10 or so posts.

The point is I don't need to government to tell me what to think, what to say, and how to write it down. When I see a black person the first thing that comes to my mind is'nt "Look, theres a N!!!!!!".

If that is'nt the case for you, if you need someone to tell you not to think that, your still a racist scumbag you just have someone next to you saying "no, don't say that" "No, not that" "Yes, thats ok" "Multicolored sheep not black sheep".

This is how the concept of government expanded into such a monolithic power house. People to #ing lazy and ignorant to make their own decisions. And now everyones paying for it and will continue to do so. Our governments went from restricted administrators, to our babysitters, to our Overlords and Kings.

The more you let goverment police the worse it gets.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hmmm actually,

Short,
Ginger,
Overweight,
Transgender,
Not particularly good looking...

I've got quite the list going for me. Only thing working against me is I'm white. So yeah got a bit of "privilege" there.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
political correctness was frowned upon when labels like don't drink was put on paint to stop idiots from drinking it.
society generally felt the need for such obvious warnings did not apply to them until, like all things people just got used to it.
'hey the mountains are blue its cold enough to drink, yay!'
now the rationale is that only political correctness prevents everyone from calling black people ni**er, lynching them for being around, and dragging them behind a car until dead because they looked at a racially pure girl dammit!
like in the good old days.
hey you know the only thing preventing you from beating to death that effeminate kid you have strange feelings about, political correctness.
back in the goold old days what was wrong with queer bashing, how else can you get that anger out on someone for being different?
that woman your attracted to that rejects your advances, back in the good old days what was wrong with a rape, murder, and shallow grave for her, its political correctness gone mad i tells yah!
her friend making accusations you were the last seen with her, back in the good old days, you just call her a witch and, if she survives dunking, burn her at the stake.
political correctness for witches! what next?
the spanish inquisition only ended because of political correctness.
social justice warriors only stopped some dude from getting rid of all the jews, disabled, gypsies, poles, russians, coloureds and gays all in the name of political correctness.
the good old days, where most of us would be crippled by polio or dead by smallpox.
i miss 'em.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

More like most people are convinced that the only possible reason people could object to PC is because we want to go around slinging out racial/ethnic slurs willy nilly, and that PC is the only possible thing that prevents us from returning to the colloquial speech days of Mark Twain ... nevermind that we weren't there when PC was created, and nevermind that you can insult anyone you want to just as effectively without those "off limits and hateful" words and that you can also use those words just fine without them triggering racial WWIII. If you don't believe me, just listen to rap music and you'll understand.

But I'll give you a good, practical reason why I don't like PC. NYC just proposed an ordinance that makes it mandatory to use the preferred gender pronouns in businesses. I work for a service that processes in-store printed materials for a client that has outlets in NYC, large ones. I already have to check the spelling of author names and titles and other things like that to verify their correctness. What happens now? Am I also going to have to start attempting to verify that every gender pronoun used in the copy for those stores is also either absent pronouns or gender preferred correct? And if I make a mistake in that copy and let it get out the door wrong, who is liable then: our client whose outlet sent us the incorrect copy or us who provides the proofreading/editing service?

And do you understand how much time it would take to attempt verify that detail for every single event in those stores for NYC alone, not counting all the other outlets should this PC policy go nationwide?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Why NO, we actually thought that of Progs since they jumped on us. I knew it wasn't ME people LOVE me so it must be a susceptibility to propagandized media,augmented by signals from cellphones or they ignored reallity 'cause it makes 'em feel bad.
Haven't YOU noticed?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: WanderingNomadd

The point is I don't need to government to tell me what to think, what to say, and how to write it down.

What on earth are you going on about?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join