It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DailyCaller and Others Misrepresent Clinton Fundraising Email

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Look, just because you're butthurt over people not falling for your Hillary Defense Thread, don't take it out on me. I see her for exactly what she is and no amount of deflection or excuses is going to change that.

How you can close your eyes to what she's done and what she will do to this country simply amazes me. But, like I said, take your ire out on someone else. I simply do not care about your opinion.

Lol. Excuse making? DC straight up lied. Just plain lied and so badly that they couldn't dare include the email. Somehow pointing that out is "defelection or excuses."

You should be embarassed by your complete lack of critical thinking.

It doens't matter if you hate Clinton. That doesn't change anything about the fact that DC made up some crap and you bought it because all you can see is that it's not pro-Trump. How in the hell can you possibly believe that actually know anything about anything if your standards are that low and you can't be bothered to do anything more than accept at face value garbage like this from DC?

Yet you have the balls to say "how can you close your eyes to what she's done." How exactly do you know what she's done? How much of what you think you know comes from reading disinformation from alt right propagandists?

Have fun being a useful idiot!

edit on 2016-8-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Since Smith Mundt was repealed, propaganda is legal Also the news media can legally lie. They do daily, all of the mainstream news outlets have been caught in flat out lies.

The amendment to the Smith Mundt Act has nothing directly to do with what you're talking about.

So even if DC purposely lied, what would make this more offensive than any other news outlet?

So it's okay that DC lies because in your opinion other media outlets are lying as well. Has it occurred to you that the answer to bias in the mainstream media isn't to start sucking down propaganda from drastically worse alt media outlets? Probably not considering that your hatred of one lying crony has you so wound up your blindly following another lying crony who is even worse.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Oh boy ATS is up in arms about the possibility of Hilliary saying something about a 'news' website and their right to report the news all while someone who will not be named does it weekly and has literally talked about opening up laws to be able to go after those that speak out against him....

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21153029]theantediluvian[/post[

So it's okay that DC lies because in your opinion other media outlets are lying as well.

As I said before, I do not think the DC misrepresented that email.

Has it occurred to you that the answer to bias in the mainstream media isn't to start sucking down propaganda from drastically worse alt media outlets?

What makes an alternative site "drastically worse" in your opinion?
You seem to think ignoring the msm propaganda is just fine obviously...
The mainstream news outlets can actually lie, and not be held accountable.
Bloggers can be sued for lying. Media is protected.

I'll ignore the hyperbolic inflammatory rhetoric in your last sentence.

edit on 20-8-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Oh boy ATS is up in arms about the possibility of Hilliary saying something about a 'news' website and their right to report the news all while someone who will not be named does it weekly and has literally talked about opening up laws to be able to go after those that speak out against him....

Well I kind of agree with donald on this one. A news agency can slander anyone and no repurcutuons. Even citizens don't have this level of protection. CNN can say an anonymous source says you for examale molested children. And frabkly post your picture nationwide without any evidence it occurred. Now this would of course have a drastic effect on your life yet you have nothing you could do about the false allagation. You litterally get your life ruined and they claim freedom of the press. This was never how thr press was intended to work. It was assumed they would use journalistic integrity and verify sources and claims.

So now I think donald is right on this if an individual shows that a news agency lied about them they should be able to seek damages.
edit on 8/20/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It IS MISREPRESENTED and the OP has never been a shill.

SMH. If this is where we are going, as a site, we have a problem.
edit on 20-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Gosh the media lying? You don't say? We better get in there and correct the record for her. She already has enough "vast right wing conspiracies" to fend off.

Out of all of the lies, misconstrued words, out of context reporting, and outright propaganda, this is the one you choose?

This really isn't a story. Every single major media outlet is full of feces. I guess someone on the other side of the table finally decided to fire back with the same tactics.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

My point was in your title, how can anyone be blamed for misrepresenting Clinton's anything, when she herself misrepresents everything she does. She lies about lying, yet you expect us to be up in arms about a Daily Caller article.

It's a matter of perspective.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Gosh the media lying? You don't say? We better get in there and correct the record for her. She already has enough "vast right wing conspiracies" to fend off.

Out of all of the lies, misconstrued words, out of context reporting, and outright propaganda, this is the one you choose?

I didn't choose anything, it chose me in this case. I saw a bunch of posters getting sucked in by an overt manipulation as it was happening on ATS and I decided to address it right then, on ATS. I didn't go looking for anything.

You can spare me the "correct the record" innuendos, it's tiresome and I would have thought beneath you as you do seem to be fully capable of critical, independent thought.

If it makes you feel any better, check your last Haiti thread and you'll see that I provided a potential link to Chemonics via the Council of International Development Companies (CIDC) which employs the Podesta Group for its lobbying.

This really isn't a story. Every single major media outlet is full of feces. I guess someone on the other side of the table finally decided to fire back with the same tactics.

Consider that if the New York Times misrepresents a statement — that Trump girlfriend fiasco for instance — even though it was objectively less egregious, it caused a massive stink.

Did it not? Honest question.

The Daily Caller went straight to making things up and aside from my post on ATS which in the grand scheme of things is essentailly nothing, how much blowback do you think DC will face? How about none?

There's nobody even trying to keep these guys honest. There's almost no accountability. The sad thing is that as low quality as DC's reporting is, they're still better than a source like Infowars or most of the "news blogs" that a number of ATS members frequently cite.

The problem with pretending that's all the same is that it isn't. The difference matters. It's the difference between wading in BS and drowning in it.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I was not accusing you of being correct the record, not in the slightest. Not to say there are not others on this sight that come from CTR, because they are.

My frustration with this is not directed at you. I think I am becoming a nihilist at this point.

Everything has gone completely insane. I am only in my thirties and the world is a completely different, and more messed up place when I entered adulthood. It seems like things are spiraling downward out of control.

And I agree. No one keeps the media honest, both sides of it. It just so happens that the establishment side is winning at this point.

Again, screw em' all.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Everything has gone completely insane. I am only in my thirties and the world is a completely different, and more messed up place when I entered adulthood. It seems like things are spiraling downward out of control.

Things do seem completely insane. I thnk they seem even more screwed up because of the amount of information we're all exposed to which I can only assume includes more propaganda than ever.

I understand your frustration (and I'm in my 30's too, late 30's as it were) however, if you consider circumstances objectively, things are better now than at most points in American history. Our political system has been corrupt since long before you or I were born or even our parents and quite possibly it has been as corrupt and I'm sure at times, even more corrupt, going all the back to the beginning.

People's perceptions have little to do with reality. If you asked most people today at what point in American history did people enjoy the most liberty, how many do you think would say the present despite facts like nobody is living in chattel slavery, we no longer have segregation and Jim Crow laws, nobody is in interment camps, we have more First Amendment rights to free speech than ever and we have same sex marriage. That's off the top of my head.

On the other hand, we have the largest prison population in the world but even then, more than 2 million people in prison is half the number of people enslaved at the height of slavery (and a much much much smaller percent of the total population).

Not that things aren't f'd up but in the proper perspective, it's much easier to be optimistic.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

A beautiful, sane reply. Yes, we do face more propaganda in a new way. One piece is sent through instantaneous mass media, sounding as if it is true because so many now have that piece. Instant urban legends and distortions become "truth". It then is mainstreamed via traditional news venues.

Dick Cheney used this effect when his info was given to a NYT reporter, disseminated, then Cheney goes on news shows and says, look it must be true because it was printed by such an established journalist.

The press has changed since the 1960-70s. (I'm old enough to remember.) ....lol when people say that the press helped us "lose" the VietNam war, all they were doing was reporting daily body counts, as that was the metric, the narrative, the Pentagon decided to go with as an effective way to publicly show who was "winning"-- the more Viet Cong and North Vietnam soldiers killed than American soldiers would be the "proof". Somewhere along the way, though, the bodies on both sides continued to pile up while young men began to protest in the streets against being drafted for a quagmire of a war. But the far right wing complained loudly that the press was too liberal--That's why we "lost" the war, they moaned.

Well, along comes Reagan, and from the start, they handled the press differently. It was this way of using the press, and not merely media consolidation, that is how we got here today. On Bended Knee The Press and the Reagan Presidency Excerpts from the book (published in 1988) A long, good read, with more to say. (remember it's 1988)
The last excerpt to summarize...

The press's failure during the Reagan years suggests that the time has come for a fresh debate on its role within American society. For no matter who is elected President in 1988, the quality of press coverage and therefore of the nation's political debate and its democratic process promises only to get worse unless the men and women of the press return to first principles and live up to the concept of a free and independent press first upheld some two hundred years ago by the American Revolution. Perhaps this is too much to expect from employees of the profit-obsessed corporations that now own America's news organizations. But, in a land that once produced the likes of Adams, Paine and Jefferson, that is a bitter thought indeed.

Bitter thought, indeed. We now have sunk so low, that a campaign includes as top staff a media person whose claim to fame is a website akin to the old "mom gives birth to alien devil--complete with picture" tabloid that I used to see at the checkout counters as a kid. It compares to journalism as a fart to a rose. Yet it is considered "news" and "good journalism" by too many.

You are correct to go after these lies passed off as truth. A muckraker's job is to expose.

I think that many who lived under Communism eventually knew that the propaganda they heard was crazy and false. America is supposed to be the home of the free, yet too many people believe the propaganda they hear is the truth. Uncritical belief surpassed critical thinking, rationality gave way to irrationality. The extremist far right ideologues gave us their ideology along with their means to defend it.

Believing propaganda is easy and takes no more than a coward's way. To fight against it is the way of the one with mental and moral courage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join