It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The pressure is on to make metallic hydrogen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
They are thinking "room temperature" superconductor with metalic hydrogen. Screw diamonds... use graphene.

As matter of fact, screw metallic hydrogen. Use purple bronze in that graphene press.

Purple bronze, you mean Hepatizon ?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
which research?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Red mercury (actually more purple then red) is the stuff made in the Nazi torsion field devices die glocke. Torsion field radiation has strange influence on many substances for example it is possible to produce large quantity's of steel with virtually no carbon and no crystal structure.

I know about magnetics, I did a system like that for a forge. It's actually a modified version of my adiabatic reactor. In another application we permanently altered the resonant frequencies of dielectrics. However, red mercury, from my experience is a myth. When I worked for the military, I had access to things you wouldn't believe, I held the same clearance as the chief of CI and there was no red mercury.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Red mercury is unstabilised mercury, it is highly radioactive and the Nazis made it by accident. The torsion field generator they were using used large quantity's of liquid mercury. During operation it was found the mercury became highly radioactive (weapons grade). It is called red because it was being manufactured in Russia. After the war the Americans and Russians both scrambled to pickup the Nazi Scientists. It was decided to officially declare red mercury a myth because it poses a massive security threat. It is not something we would want those Jihad nutters getting their hands on. It is made by adding a small quantity of radioactive material to liquid mercury before putting the mixture into a die glocke type generator. I would not be surprised if most of the nuclear warheads of the old USSR contained this material rather then weapons grade uranium or plutonium.

Torsion field radiation can unstabalise a heavy element making it radioactive but it can also do the reverse, hovering above a nuclear missile silo you can cause the radioactive warheads to decrease in radioactivity effectively making the missiles useless as weapons.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Superconductors can make engines smaller and more powerful. Room temperature superconductors would be easier to handle than superconductors that need to be cooled down to liquid nitrogen temperatures. Ceramic superconductors have had a lot of problems for applications because of brittleness and other issues.

Room temperature metal superconductors with very high critical current could make superstrong magnets. Powerful magnets could be used to solve challenges getting to commercial energy generation from nuclear fusion.

Nextbigvuture.com - If newly created metallic hydrogen stays stable when brought back to regular pressure as predicted by theory then eventually the world will radically change.

As magnetic field strength increases the ability to confine plasma scales to the fourth power. If the metallic hydrogen is used and it is room temperature then you solve half the problem to nuclear fusion right there! And if you put it in an engine you would drastically cut size and weight down which saves on fuel.

One of the scientists who created the lab samples thinks it would be an ideal rocket fuel. Looks like the guys at Next big future are really keen (thy have three stories up right now!) and are excited. I think everybody should here about this!

a reply to: zinc12

It was just what I was into when I posted! It has some of the properties of a superconductor already. Strange stuff also being investigated.
edit on 7-11-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tag on a reply

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

ed mercury is a hoax substance of uncertain composition purportedly used in the creation of nuclear bombs, as well as a variety of unrelated weapons systems. In reality, no such substance exists.

It is purported to be mercuric iodide, a poisonous, odorless, tasteless, water-insoluble scarlet-red powder that becomes yellow when heated above 126 °C, due to a thermochromatic change in crystalline structure.[1][2] However, samples of "red mercury" obtained from arrested would-be terrorists invariably consisted of nothing more than various red dyes or powders of little value, which may have been sold as part of a campaign intended to flush out potential nuclear smugglers.

The "red mercury" hoax was first reported in 1979, and was commonly discussed in the media in the 1990s. Prices as high as $1,800,000 per kilogram were reported.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join