It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Christian Groups Accuse SpongeBob Of A Homosexual Agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Spongebob is ASEXUAL?
awww darn,...he is sooooo cute..

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottyjoe3340
I know this isn't the religion thread, however, I do have a point. I firmly believe in God and his teachings, yet it is hard for me to tell others about God while I'm busy signing a contract, telling a person a "dress code", or telling them what cartoons are acceptable. Christianity is becoming a joke to some and it sucks. I am tired of all the brainwashing and I hope that everyone understands that a personal relationship with Christ dwarfs all this bull crap,

how retarded do u have to be to listen to a guy who tells you to dress a certain way , censor media on CD and TV , based of legalistic interpretations of the bible (or lack of a bible therof). someone tell me where in the bible it says weed is bad? (your body is your temple, now we can look at sci evidence and see its probably not as bad as smoking your car exhaust, so u can stop driving while your at it then). im my definition thats a cult. xtianity shouldnt be that way. yeah decide what you listen to and what you support, but thats where it stops. you dont cross the line and attack others and come off looking like a total fricktard in a thinly vieled attempt to bring down nickelodeon. I mean whos next chucky from rugrats?

liberal or conservative both trying to get media censored... just each others.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I don't think our youth should be pressured by any sexuality. I have seen that show and there is no "homosexual" tendencies, just merely a child trapped in a sponge's body.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
For awhile, people have been screaming about the Catholic priests caught in homosexual pedophilia incidents. Being a history buff, I noted that during the Grecian and Roman Empires, pederasty (a socially acceptable form of homosexual pedophiliia at the time) was common place and actually the norm, rather than the exception. Women were seen as primarily wombs with legs. They had little to no social standing, and were left out of most public events. Not just temple, but everything else as well. The philosophers would gather and exchange ideas and concepts, minus the women. The poets would write elaborate poetry extolling the virtues of the naked male form and the virtue of their latest male apprentice (a boy under the age of 18, who they trained in the ways of life, business, sex and so on). Female children were unwanted as the entire society was male-driven, from art, to music, to poetry, to the sciences and philosophy, to sex. It was infinitiely more fulfulling, they claimed, to have sex with their male apprentices than their "trophy" wives, who were just items to place in the gallery of their male superiority. As a result, most female children were murdered after their births, leaving a huge preponderance of males. This was corrected by the time of the Roman Empire, with the realization that they were only as strong as the amount of children available to be raised to create the next warrior, politician, poet, philosopher, engineer, and so on. However, the pederasty continued.

This social structure was what fomented the "problem" with the Catholic priests, I truly believe. When the Holy Roman Empire kicked in, tons of former pagan priests converted to what was essentially a very similar set-up as the pagan one had been, with male apprentices translating to altar boys, who, if chosen by one of the priests, would receive indoctrination into the same ideas - life, finances, sex, etc. They would grow up to be priests, themselves, and the cycle repeated down through history. I firmly believe this is what you're seeing in the priesthood. Men who were similarly trained by men who were similarly trained, etc, to the time of the Roman and Grecian Empires.

In protestanism, many did not know just how deep the rabbit hole went. They looked to the scriptures in which anything relating to the demands of the flesh were bad, including sex for no reason, sex out of marriage and what was termed unnatural sex, which including same sex and sex with animals (bestality). They even added a warning about attracting the "Angels" into sexual encounters by pointing out the helpfulness of veiling the women, to protect them from the angels. The entire impetus was to keep the mind focused on the new horizon of a new life in which the demands of the body were secondary and not important and infact, hampering, to the spirit.

This was supposed to be on an individual level, but as we are social creatures, just like with pederasty, a norm was established and attempts to enforce the latest norm, is what (I believe) causes most suffering on the planet. From my perspective, Jesus taught more along the lines of the Buddhist and the Hindu, to be more concerned about yourself and less concerned about others, as regards your spiritual growth, which is nothing more than a huge battle between the demands of this temporary container we call a body and our eternal spirit

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If Spongebob is promoting the "gay agenda", then someone please explain to me what Barney is up to? Cause I think he's gonna eat all those little kids someday, carnivorous dinosaurs and small children don't seem like a good combination to me...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm a Roman Catholic, and consider myself quite religious. However, I don't see anything wrong with Squarepants. I enjoy the cartoon immensely! (next to Beavis and Butthead, The Simpsons etc.)

It's these types of loons who give Christians a bad name. The same goes for any other fanatic religious group.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Its because of these religious rightists who don't know how to use the parental lockout features of the cable systems that the Cable companies will be charging you more money now because they are offering channels on an ala carte system.

What do you expect from people who couldn't tell the difference from a Counterstrike fan movie with a voice-over from Team America and a Jihadist made movie. LOL

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have watched Spongebob so many times that every time its on its a rerun. Finally there have been some new ones recently. I do think there are some Homosexual overtones when it comes to Spongebob, Squiqword, and Patrick. But, I see the sexual inuendos with the Squirrel as well. I think our society is being exposed more to both sexes being OK whether there gay, straight, or bi. In schools its more of a Bi thing anyway.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry everyone... it is true. There IS a hidden homosexual agenda within Spongebob

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
I'm sorry everyone... it is true. There IS a hidden homosexual agenda within Spongebob

Nice find!

But seriously though, even if there was truly a homosexual/bisexual conspiracy going on, our kids wouldn't pick up on it. They just see two good friends.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'd have to admit, SilentShadow! That's pretty dang gay!!

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Personally I always thought Bugs Bunny was a queen. How many rabbits do you know who can do drag and do it so well?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Can we spell f-a-n-a-t-i-c ? It doesn't matter what religion it is, fanatics are a problem. Just like any structure, religions want to grow, to increase their power base. That's why they try to increase membership by knocking on your door with a tract in hand.

Every group tries to do something to be noticed over the crowd, to stand out from the herd. Gay bashing is no different.

Right now we have a problem with a few zealots in the Mid East who want to turn the clock back to the Middle Ages. These 'Hyper-Christians' are the same animal, just in different clothing.

It seems that a lot of the worlds woes are due to the refusal by these people to worry about their own salvation and leave others alone.

A big part of the problem lies with the power that is held at the top echelons of world governments. Bush pushes his Christianity at every opportunity. Iran can't fart without some religious leader signing off on it. And under them are all the varied groups jostling for their share of the power. Because in the end, that's what it's really about.

The power to tell others how to dress, what books to read, what movies to watch, how often to give money, and a million other aspects of controlling people in their choices.

Poor old Spongebob is just another victim to the grab for power. And if it wasn't this, it would be something else. I can remember the radio preachers of another era telling how kids would go to hell for watching Elvis shake his hips on Ed Sullivan show. (And they got it aired so that Elvis was only seen from the waist up
)

It's all about power and control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join